Air
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The smell of the sea was all around her.

Her dark brown hair was not in its usual fashion of being securely tied up and piled on her head but was instead instantly pulled out of its refinement by her, once she laid eyes on the Silver Sea’s beach after coming out of her front door. The chocolate colored locks fluttered around her in the winds of the ocean, as the scent of the sea air filled her lungs. Her light colored dress did the same in the wind, the bellowing colors of something akin with gold and azure clashed slightly with such a peaceful scenery as she stood at the edge of the water. Her feet were getting cold from how the sea washed past them, and she held her tan sandals in one of her hands. Her brown eyes watching every wave that splash and then hit a distant rock face, and she sighed as she went to kneel into the sea. Her body tighten, and she tried to repress the shivering she had at the cold water as it touched her knees and soaked the bottom half of her dress as Jade sat there in the sea water, enjoying herself as she began to meditate.

This island was beautiful; its view of the vast sea was magical. She was always so drawn to it when she was a child because when Jade was so young, she had the simple realization of how it could connect all points of land that were on the planet. It was nice to be someplace so beautiful, even though she wasn't supposed to be alive. This place was apparently 'rather' inconspicuous for her, that's how her mother put it when she decided that this would be the best place for her to stay.

Of course, no one would ever expect her to be here. It was too simple, and the entire island had been searched before she even arrived, no sign of someone like her on this island.

This used to be her home though, or it used to be. It had been so long ago, her playing on the sand with her elder brother here. After all, they were born here; he would most likely never think about coming back.

 

Especially to find her.

 

Her mother promised her safety by being here, fearing the worse for her if she had stayed with her. Jade-the girl in question that was now kneeling in the water-, highly doubted that any actual harm would ever come to her. But for her mother's sake, she stayed in an old cabin that her father used to stay in, near the sand, waves, and water.

She missed everything that held more noise than the ocean did; it was so quiet here. It made it almost spooky at times, at the calmness that could come over her in this place. She truly missed the bustling of bases, and of government buildings that her parents had been so indulged into. She had been so fond of them when she was growing up, hiding from her parent’s with her brother in secret areas they would make up throughout the buildings.

 

Ah, her brother.

 

There it was, that all too familiar tingling of pain in her chest. The one that would make her stomach flip and flop when she would only think of his name, it would have brought her to the knees if she wasn't already on them.

Her heart still ached whenever she would think of him. She remembered his smiles, and they were so full and bright when they were children. He had been so cocky, enjoying himself when he would tease her over silly things. Such as his height vs. her own.

He always had jokes for her; they both even had secret messages as children. To signal one another in urgent cases of boredom, or if they were feeling sick. Which would happen to her quite often, being a sickly child was never fun, and always relying on an elder to care for her.

 

Her brother had always been her keeper, but since he was the man the hidden worlds feared most.

Jade’s eyes shut as she tried to remember his height vs. her own as children; he was always far too tall and lanky. One of his favorite things to do was to tease her of her short stature, and how he was much larger compared to her. She was always a slightly curvy girl, and now she was just a thick-framed woman who kept almost the same height she did as a teen. She had no doubt he would tower over her soon, just like when they were younger. She was only 5’4ft at best, no bigger than when he left her so long ago.

Their parents were diplomats for a secret organization, always busy, always far to busy for them as children.

She couldn’t help but miss him, and it always felt more like mourning from the way she dealt with it. Losing her brother involved so much more than what people could understand.

She missed the way he would say her name, how he would whisper it to get her attention if they were somewhere with their mother. She could almost hear it now. His voice would always make her head snap to his direction, attentive to see if he was okay, or what he wanted.

 

Maker, what would he even sound like now? She often wondered this, because, from the last time she heard him, his voice was slightly squeaky the last time she saw him. Puberty had hit him hard, and without word almost. She had laughed at him for how his voice cracked and sounded. Would it be a tone compatible like their fathers?  He had joked about that before he went with their Uncle Luke, looking like him.

-

"I'm going to sound like dad, ya know?" His voice made her giggle, and she had to bury her face in his pillow.  "No, you won't! You're gonna sound like an elegant young man! That's what Auntie has been saying." Jade giggled, and her brother Adam threw a pillow at her. Causing her to fall off the bed. They both laughed on the floor that day until she stopped, and whispered.

"I don't want you to go."

 

0