Prologue
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-What...happened?-

It's dark. My left leg is probably broken. Well, at least it feels that way. If it would have been my old body I would certainly be dead already.

Did I get too confident? Was it greed or the chance to finally experience everything I couldn't do before?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. There is no way to go back. No way to return. However, taking another view of things, it wouldn't change a thing.

I tried shifting my body a little to the right, leaning my stiff body against the wall. The moist stone felt chilling against my body but as long as I can get some rest it doesn't matter if it's comfortable or not. This is a harsh place, after all, and I knew that. I have always known, ever since that day when I first opened my eyes in this world.

I wonder why I'm trying so hard.

Is it to survive the coming storm?

Or is it to finally live a life without regrets?

No, that's not it. I mean, yes, of course, it is, but that's not all.

It's because I feel grateful for this life, those eyes that give me the will to go on.

For my friends, I made in this short amount of time.

The small moments that helped me understand why I should cherish every second.

And of course, to have the power to change my own fate, to never feel helpless by doing nothing.

The quietness slowly tired out the last bit of my strength. My hand, losing its pressure, fell down, showing the bloody wound on my left thigh. It hurts but the wound doesn't bleed anymore. A good sign. I guess that's the good part of not being human anymore.

This cave was originally part of some forsaken ruins trapped underground. The gigantic, oppressive maze was still standing mighty, betraying the fact that it was built thousands of years ago. However, it was foolish to not consider the environment, especially when fights with terrific monsters are inevitable while exploring.

I guess I'm still not experienced enough, but well, it's not that bad, considering the fact that I've only been in this world for three months.

It has just been three months since I died and came here. To this cruel, miserable world. Though, being merciless, it's also breathtakingly beautiful at the same time.

And that's why.

That's why I can't die here today.

Because this place is just one check on my list.

The dark cave is slowly getting warmer, reaching a pleasant temperature. I guess I will just rest here for a while. With my body, it shouldn't take that long until I can walk again. Maybe, I will get to sleep before that.

Lifting my body again with my exhausted arms, I safely got down, laid on my back and stared straight at the stone ceiling.

While closing my eyes I remembered the day three months ago. The situation is different, as well as my condition but I was lying down exactly in the same position as the one I'm in right now.

It surely is comical.

0