The Meeting
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sia and Primrose arrived five minutes late but were greeted with smiles nonetheless. Firstly, a fake one from the man who opened the door of their limo, though he did seem a little starstruck after seeing the two of them. Wonder why. Sia smirked, being attractive does feel good. One the other hand, Primrose was indifferent to the attention. Secondly, an accommodating smile from a pretty waitress whose outfit looked like the ostentatious restaurant didn't pay her well enough. And last but not least, a practiced one from Flynt himself. Sia can't help but admit that it did look very convincingly sultry. And oddly fitting on such a young face. But that is to be discussed later.

The restaurant was very extravagant from the outside, too much so. With a name like 'La Plaque', in italics, she didn't look forward to the following affair. 

-----

"We have an appointment with Jason Flynt, I'm sure you know where he is?" Primrose said to the waitress, a trying smile on her face despite her very intense desire not to be there. 

"Oh! Right this way please." The waitress, Jane, from her name tag, flashed them a nervous smile before leading them to the first floor. Sia couldn't tell if she was nervous or just new. 

The first floor was a huge contrast to the unpleasant one underneath. Gone, were the heavy golden curtains and the blinding lights and in replacement were darker colors and more subtle decors. Now this, is how you do luxury. Sia thought to herself as she looked around, for all possible escape routes and hiding places. Surprisingly, there were quite many. Her thoughts strayed to how Flynt found this place to begin with. Did he go out looking for restaurants with deceivingly garish exterior? She really wanted to know, that knowledge may come in handy in the future.

They were lead to a table in the far corner and in the expansive room of scarcely placed tables, it was clear that the intention was to be private enough to talk but public enough to ensure that nothing appalling would transpire. There were a few batches of customers here and there, rich and powerful ones, visibly. The jewellery in this place alone would be more than enough to buy a small villa. But only as expected of course.

She arrived to the table of doom with clicking sounds of her heels, followed by Primrose's Italian leather boots. The waitress excused herself, leaving them to the company of the two men who were just standing up to greet them. 

Sia noticed that they both were very ...noticeable. It must be hard for them to blend in, what with both of them being taller than most crowds and that's only the least of their worries. The one who stood up first was the infamous bodyguard and he looked every bit deserving of his reputation. Being the tallest in the room, unmistakingly shy of a staggering seven foot tall stature, he was a monstrosity of a man built mostly of muscles and scars. There was a scar that started right to the left of his Adam's Apple and disappeared in his collar. He looked European and with a name like Sasha, he was probably Russian. She wouldn't be surprised. His dark brown eyes always darted around on high alert and his body look ready to pounce at any sign of danger. And right at that moment, his targets were Primrose and herself. Interesting. And terrifying.

(Yo bodyguard's so big he could be your bullet meat shield for three hours straight. Ha. *Ahem*)

The star of the show on the other hand, can be described with four words. Tall, blonde and handsome. Plus exotic. She couldn't find any words more fitting to describe him other than the flowery ones. Attractive. Alluring. Bewitching. Captivating. And the list goes on. She was aware that she herself was staring a little too intensely. She looked to her friend and caught Prim also ogling him albeit not as subtly as she. She was very elusive. Hopefully.

Drawing her attention away from his his face and focusing on things other than his looks, she was doused in cold water from the reality that this wasn't some teen drama and  that there was a reason she was so nervous in meeting him before. No fact that he looks better in real life than in pictures can change that. None. And he was too young. And she was over thirty. And she why is her train of thoughts going so fast? ..Besides, his looks were only to be expected. His parents were beautiful people and he inherited their best features. Actually, the Flynt's history can be described as beautiful people flocking around and breeding. 

Onto the 'real' important details. His posture was perfect, like that of a ballet dancer. Straight and regal. His suit was fitting and distracting. She mentally slapped herself. He looked totally confident and clothed in his undoubtedly expensive fabrics, she could see why. His smile was one set primarily to charm and break all of your defences. Two dimples? God-It was bright, almost as vibrant as his wow-eyes. She didn't dare let her gaze linger.

His colors, as expected, included green. From his stylish tie, to the matching pocket square and to his feline green eyes, there was clearly a theme playing here. His hair was wavy and neat which frames his face and ..earpiece. Right. There was also a pair of sunglasses on the table which she noticed once she forced herself to look away again. Hmm.

Her thought process was interrupted by a nudge to her back and the deep, soft-spoken voice that entered her ears. Posh, slight New-Zealand accent. She wondered how he had gotten it. If he minded them being late, he didn't show.

"Miss Felice. Pleasure to make your acquaintance," Flynt avered as he extended a hand to her but not for a handshake. She put her hand in his as not to be impolite and was responded by a bow from him to land a soft kiss on her knuckle that was also very polite and did not linger for even a second. How disappointing. He stood tall again, six foot one perhaps?  Flynt then transferred his gaze to Primrose who looked like she wanted to sprint. He instead offered her a close lipped smile and a little nod as greeting. She could see his hair flowing with the movement. 

"And you must be Miss Wei, we've met before," His friendly little smile transformed smoothly into a knowing smirk that looked more deceitful and genuine than it had the right to be. He tilted his head, hair also moving, to his compatriot who didn't make the slightest attempt of being amiable."This is Sasha and you may call me, Flynt" He voiced grew provocatively low at the end, becoming more quieter than it already was before cutting off. "Please, have a seat."

He gave Sasha a look who in response, moved to drag a chair out for Primrose while his charge dragged one for Sia. They waited until the ladies were seated before moving to take their own. What perfect gentlemen. Sia thought suspiciously to herself. Flynt took a brief glance at all of them before opening this mouth, his hands ready to do practiced gestures.

"Now-" Flynt started but was cut off by Sia. She had a more urgent matter to address.

"Sorry to interrupt, but what did you mean by 'Miss Wei?'" She questioned, keeping her voice as still and silky smooth as possible.

"Isn't it obvious enough? Evidently, I'm referring to the only other Miss at this table who is definitely not yourself. Surely, even a toddler could understand." And then it fell, the mask was partially gone, only because he allowed it to. His tone was still crisp, sophisticated and soft. She didn't think that would change anytime soon throughout this conversation. "That is her name, yes? Wei Wenling?"

He looked over to Primrose as if to seek confirmation but clearly he seemed as sure of himself as a man being sure the sky is blue. Primrose, Wei Wenling, on the other hand, had her eyes narrowed and turned her head to give Sia an exasperated look before staring back at Flynt with a determined and unimpressed one. She didn't seem too upset by the fact that her real name that she has been able to conceal for years was exposed so casually. Well, looks like those previous encounters had lowerred her shock factor remarkably. She was suddenly glad she had successfully guilt-tripped her into coming. Having this kind of emotional pillar was reassuring at the very least. She didn't know what to expect.

"Well? Was that supposed to impress anyone?" Wei Wenling scoffed and mockingly questioned in a bored and aloof tone. She seemed the embodiment of calmness.

"Why, of course not," Flynt responded without pause, he took her dismissal in stride and also a graceful wave of his hand. He seriously moved like some sort of dancer. Martial arts background? It was impossible for her to tell, his whole body didn't give anything away except an amazing control of every single muscle and tendons. If he wasn't moving, he was staying still. No fidgeting and never a moment of awkward pose. Every move was planned and no energy was wasted, except to do dramatic gestures every so often. He was at least a ballet dancer. Who wore gloves because even if he didn't practice martial arts, to gain those muscles, even weightlifting would give him some calluses. She just doesn't know which fact to believe.

She looked down at her own palms which displayed calluses, showing exactly where pressure has been frequently applied and thus what weapons she used. Maybe she should start wearing gloves herself. She paid attention to Flynt once again and not her own hands.

"I may not be the nicest of men but I wouldn't be so rude to insult your intellect like that. I might try to impress others with casually saying aloud their secret but not you. I am here to discuss serious matters so I would very much like to get the trivial facts over with." He paused to face Wei Wenling. "And please, don't fret, your secret is safe with me."

He then gestured to Sasha "With him as well, you have my word. How ever reliable you deem it."

With that, he intertwined his hands on the clothed table- nice watch, green interior- and with a look she'd often seen on her professors before they began a lecture, he said, "Now, what I was going to say before I was so rudely interrupted," he gave her a pointed look which she didn't bother reacting to. He looked a little deflated. Cute. "Was to keep an open mind. You'll find that that would help you significantly." He paused for a dramatic effect "Trust me." How anticlimactic. And yet, he clearly didn't seem like he would put much faith in that advice.

"I invited you here today, to propose a deal... 

Which character is your favorite so far?
  • Sia (Felicia Felice) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flynt (Jason Flynt) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primrose (Wei Wenling) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sasha (Alexander Ivanov) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jane (Waitress) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doorman Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
2