PROLOGUE
1.2k 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"In The Darkest Hour, those who rule the serfs of night and darkness."
I ran, panting, feeling the cold breath of the Shadows that pursued me. For a couple of days, I've been fighting against those beings that come out of them. I mean, running!

A while ago, while I was walking, I felt a sharp pain on my left flank. I couldn't realize where it had come from. Looking carefully, I spotted a little tear on my t-shirt and beneath it a small but deep cut that started to bleed. I desperately searched for where it had come from. I had no idea of what happened. Then I saw it. All the way back in the corner of the alley, there was a small black thing that merged within the darkness; it was around 3 ft tall. The greenish-black being was running towards a wall. I couldn't help but stagger at what just happened. Instead of Heating the wall, the thing disappeared inside it as if merging itself into the shadow projected by the only lamp post in the alley. The appearance of that thing etched itself into my eyes. It had frail and long limbs like small twigs, and pitch-black bat wings in place of arms with blades on the tips. The whole thing looked as if greased in a kind of black oil. It had a round body and head, with long ears protruding from it. I kept staring at it l, although only for a second until it moved towards me. That second felt like an eternity. When it came out from the shadows, I could see black veins throughout its body and the black footprints its toad-like feet left behind on the ground as it walked.

As if joking around, it simply froze in place. I couldn't understand what was going on. The thing started faltering and walking backward. Then, it turned away and ran until it merged into a shadow in the wall and moved away. My confused brain simply stalled, not only something completely incomprehensible had happened, it ended as abruptly as it started. Why did that thing go away? Then I realized... No matter what it was, any being would falter and flee in face of something stronger than themselves.
" Oh f*** "

I finally realized and started looking over my shoulder but there was nothing there, even after I completely turned around. Most importantly, I needed to deal with the bleeding. I then realized I wasn't feeling any pain. Hell! there wasn't even a cut, to begin with?! Amidst the confusion, I simply went away, unaware of the body laying on the floor.

Well... Here I am. This is a 2013 idea that got completely forgotten with only 10 lines of text... I used that as inspiration to make a Prologue and Chapter 0 but am not really sure what path to take it. Meh, I'll figure it out eventually. Hope you guys like it tho, its been years since I last wrote a story, hope I'm not that rusted.

- DarkGodEM

29