#011 – What is next
102 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haah... This is worse than I thought." Lue murmured, as she got back into the room from the balcony. She was dazzling, even more so than before. But I could see a hint of fear in her face.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"He's encroached too much into the system... I think there's going to be a war very soon. Father warned me about this possibility but..."

"You didn't expect it to actually come to that, right?"

"Yeah..." She sighs, walking past me and sitting down on her throne. "I'll need your power way sooner than I had thought."

"My...power?" I'm confused with what she means by that, she doesn't expect me to...

"Yes, your power, the inheritor of Satan himself and the ruler of all sins."

"But I haven't even recovered my memories, let alone my powers!" I yell back at her, astonished. I can't do anything. I don't even know how to use magic properly.

"Which is why I'm left with only one choice... I hate to do this to you, and we'll be away from each other again... I'm so sorry..."

"What... do you mean...?" I ask, afraid. She's talking as if she's gonna send me to hell or something...

"I'll need you to go into Cartagra... That's the quickest way."

"Cartagra?" I have no Idea what she's talking about.

"Cartagra is the realm you humans call "hell", where the souls of the dead are tortured for eternity based on their sins... But there's a way out."

"..."

"The way mother created as she pulled me out from the frozen lake in the last circle of hell. The Gehenna Gate."

"What do I have to do?" I ask... this seems like it's gonna be a major pain in the ass.

"You will be judged, based on your sins as a human, and throwing into one of the nine circles. In that circle, you are immortal, your soul will never perish and your body will forever heal back to its original form, no matter what you go through."

"I'm guessing that's a problem, then?"

"Yes. You will need to go through this circle, passing all the remaining ones while not befalling into irremediable sin, but instead, using it to your advantage. If you make it past all of the circles without committing sin, you will be brought to the doors of Heaven, but if you do it by getting control over your sins, you will rise into a devil, and go pass the gate to the portal in the center of this world."

"I see-" I try to speak, but she interrupts me.

"But there's a problem. If you ever die in a circle that is not the one you were assigned, you won't ever regenerate, your soul will remain in the form it is after the fact, feeling that pain, unable to die, forever." Lue puts her hand on her face as she looks down, disheartened. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I hate doing this. I just wanted to be with you, yet I have to force you through that and maybe we'll never see each other again..."

I can see her crying. I walk up the pedestal, hugging her as I lean forward. "I know you're only doing it because it's the only way. I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for you, remember? Don't cry." I give her a gentle kiss on the lips, as I walk backwards.

"Please understand. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but... I'll have to face Mamon alone... And I could die. Rather, he could revert this place to the chaos it was before dad and mom took over."

"Why would he do that? Isn't this a good place for demons to live?"

"He wants to fight god again, and thinks chaos makes Demons grow stronger, he wants us to kill each other to breed a more powerful race and defy god."

"That's... understandable though..."

"I know, but it's dangerous, it could get us all killed and drop the worlds back into the hands of God. That's very bad. Every tyrant needs an enemy to stop them from taking full control. Last time this happened, he wiped out humanity on a whim. He's dangerous, very much so."

"Which is why you fell... isn't it."

"Yes... I tried to bring sense into that stupid being, but he's too full of himself to even listen to his right hand."

"That's a lot of talk from Pride itself, you know? But I get it. I'll go."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, I'll go."

"Please make sure you don't die." She stood up, hugging me tightly. "I'll show you how to use basic magic because that's what you can right now, but you'll need to figure it out on your own."

With the announcement out of the way, Lue explained how to use some magic. At first it seemed complicated, but I soon realized it was just a matter of saying what you wanted the mana to do. It took me a second to memorize the words though. Why the fuck is all in latin? Long story short, Magic is just a phenomenon caused by the power inside oneself materializing your desire. It takes a long time to polish it and increase your power though, so I can't expect to use powerful magic out of a sudden. But still, this is very good. I can make a small flame, a little bit of water and some kind of light beam from the palm of my hand, which glows like a lantern...

Oh, how much would this have been useful on Earth... Welp, there's nothing I can do about it though. It took us almost the whole afternoon... By the time we finished, the last of the suns was setting, painting the sky on a strange shade of magenta.

2