Chapter 4: Moving In
184 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. After eating the lunch that Yui bought for us, we spent the rest of the afternoon taking multiple trips up and down the elevator. It wasn't until the sky took on a shade of crimson that everything was finally inside my new apartment. For the price of 35,000 yen a month, the space was very generous. The apartment had a wide living room with a kitchen attached to it. It also connected to the hallway where the restroom and bedroom were. All in all, I was definitely getting my Yen's worth, especially since it was so close to my university campus. 

However, at the moment, it was certainly far from cozy. Boxes were stacked atop one another, waiting to be unpacked. Also, the living room was extremely bare since I never cared much for furniture. In fact, the only other furniture I owned besides the couch was a single brown coffee table. Although the apartment complex did have a pre-installed refrigerator in the kitchen, it didn't really do much to liven the place up.

Yui and I then placed the dead-center coffee table in the living room and two cushions that could be used as seats. Naturally, the couch was placed a few centimeters away from the coffee table. Its heated leather seats had cooled off, and I was looking forward to letting myself sink into the cushions. Although, it wasn't meant to be because Yui got the jump on me and sprawled her body across the entire couch. Yui crossed her smooth long legs together as they extended past the couch's edge. Her noticeable bust was facing the ceiling along with her eyes. 

In an exhausted tone, she said, "Yusei, make yourself useful and fetch me some water, will you? Also, don't forget the ice, and a lime slice in it would be nice too."

I looked at her with deadpan eyes and said, "Is tap ok? Who do you think you are, the Prime minister?" 

Yui then sneered at me and said, "At the very least, I'm a guest. I deserve to be treated like one right."

I then quipped, "Sure, when you act like one. What kind of guest acts so comfortable in another person's home?"

Yui then rolled over on her side. She glared at me with eyes that were sharp like a cat's and said,

"You never paid me the 200 yen for your lunch, right? If you do as I say, I'll waive the bill."

To that, I replied, "You want two lime slimes with your ice water or one?"

I probably looked like a pushover. However, between pride and money, money was worth way more. You couldn't buy necessities with pride, but you could basically do anything you wanted with enough money. Therefore, getting a bill waived was worth swallowing up what little pride I usually had.

As I walked towards the refrigerator, Yui rolled into a position where her chin was resting on the couch's armrest. I could no longer see her breasts as they were squished up against the couch cushions, but her thick butt was in full view. As she gently kicked up and down with her slender legs, she took a long sigh.

"I already saw you filling up the refrigerator with food earlier, so why did you make me jump through so many hurdles."

I was walking towards the kitchen and said, "It's because the lime water wasn't for you in the first place."

Yui then stretched her arms and said, "Yes, Yes, I know it was for Haruka, the little sister that you care so much about. But do you really think she'd visit you on the weekends? She's a 1st year in high school now, don't you think she'd rather spend her weekends with a boy."

I nearly stopped in my tracks at that snide remake. I couldn't imagine my little sister loving someone more than me. Rather I never wanted that to happen. If she dated a boy, I'd just have to kill him. There was no way around it. In order to protect my little sister's chastity, I'd happily become a criminal.

My little sister was the number one person who was most important to me. The only reason why I had moved out for college was that my little sister decided to live in her high school dormitory. I hated the fact that I couldn't live with her as I used to, but my little sister decided to move out on her own. As her only older brother,  I wanted to respect her wishes. Though, just thinking about our being apart made my heart restless.

Yui then must've seen how unsettled I was at her comment. She then waved her palms back and forth and said,

"I was just messing around. How's your little sister going to make time for a boy when she has her hands tied up at her part-time job. She's helping to pay for the tuition and dorm rent, too, right? I'm sure having a boyfriend is the last thing on her mind."

As I got out the knife from its drawer, I corrected Yui and said, "She's only helping to pay for part of the rent. I already covered her school tuition, and we agreed that any money she had leftover from her job would be entirely hers."

Yui then huffed and snarkily said, "Damn Sis-con, She's only in high school. She doesn't need that much money. But since you're paying for people's rent, wanna pay for mine?

In the middle of reaching for a lime in the refrigerator, I shouted, "Hell no! If you need money, pick up an extra shift at work or something. I ain't yo bank!"

Yui then shot up from the couch and tugged on the thin strap of her tank top. From where I was standing, I could see the faint outlines of a black laced bra. In an alluring voice, Yui said, "You wanna be my sugar daddy instead? I got big boobs, you know?"

As frustrating as she was, I couldn't deny the fact that she had sex appeal. If it were someone else, I think they would have fallen for her instantly. However, I had built up a sort of immunity and tolerance for her over the years. Even though Yui's F-cup boobs were nice to gawk at, I could very much live without them. In a voice of indifference, I pointed the tip of the knife at her and said, "Wow, that's a good deal for me but horrible for you."

Yui then sat back on the couch with her slender legs crossed against each other. She tilted her head and said, "How so?"

I then gave her the most logical answer I could think of, "Well, if you're gonna use your body as a way to get me to pay for your rent, you may as well become an AV idol. I hear that the pay is very high for newcomers, and since you have abnormally sized boobs, they might even pay you more! Do you want me to become your agent? We can split the profits."

Yui then puffed out her cheeks, folded her arms across her chest, and said, "Is it really that easy for you to sell your own cousin's body for cash? Don't you even care about how I feel about it?"

Without an ounce of hesitation, I said, "Nope, not really, money is money. Besides, being an AV idol is a respectable profession in its own right. Just don't let your parents find out."

Yui muttered under her breath, "you jerk," and at last, silence returned to my new home. I finished the preparations for the iced lime water and placed it on the coffee table. Yui then grabbed it and gulped it down before I even had a chance to blink. Since Yui was still taking up all the room on the couch with her body, I was forced to pull out a cushion from underneath the table and sit on it. I rested my elbow on the table and my chin on the palm of my hand. 

Yui then slammed the cup on the table and let out a very loud belch. Growing up with her, this was how she acted whenever she got mad. Even though I felt like I was partially at fault this time, she had teased me since childhood, so she deserved it. Also, I was still hung up about Yui giving out my phone number to weird men. Thanks to her, I had to get a new phone number, which would have cost me even more yen...

I thought that the silence would continue, but then Yui broke it when she said, "Hey Yusei, I need to fart."

As unladylike as it was, Yui had gotten so close to me that she could openly say that. Even so, passing gas was a simple biological need. There was nothing wrong with it as long as you were hygienic about it. I pointed my thumb toward the hallway and said, "Restroom is down the hall to the left. I'll just cover my ears if you're embarrassed about it."

Yui then shook her head and said, "Nah, I think I'm gonna let it rip out here since I'm mad at you."

I shouted, "Hell no, you won't. If you fart out here, I'm kicking you out."

Yui then smirked and said, "Oh really? You're really going to kick me out when you still have all these boxes to open up? Do you really want to do all this work by yourself, when I'm helping you FREE of charge?"

Yui stressed the word free for a reason since she knew that was my weakness. I could never refuse anything if it were free, even if that "thing" meant Yui was going to stink up the apartment with her fart. It was frustrating and vexing being around her. Whenever I think I have a leg up in our fights, she reverses the situation completely. She was like an unbeatable boss in a shitty video game, and sometimes it was best just to give up.

I gave a deep sigh and said, "Do whatever you want, as long as most of the boxes have been unpacked by the time you need to go home."

Yui then sprung up from the couch and said, "I was just playing around. Don't you know girls don't fart, but since you gave me permission to do anything, I'm gonna open the secret box that I know you've been hiding."

Of course, Yui would do something like that. However, it didn't matter to me if she opened that box. I only cared if strangers saw it; as unfortunate as it was, Yui was no stranger. She was one of the two people in the entire world that knew what was inside. There was no point in hiding anything from her since we were practically joined at the hip.

Seeing that there was no reaction from me, Yui said, "I'm gonna take a picture of what's inside and post it all over my Instaxgram."

Alright, now that caught my attention. Yui was never content with anything until she knew for a fact that I was peeved. Yui and I then raced across the floor for possession of the box with the secret content. Yui was slightly ahead, so I decided to use my special move, "hair tugging." Sadly it was a move that worked better on girls than boys. Before Yui could even lay a finger on the box, she let out a loud yelp, 

"OWWWWWWWWWW, stop playing dirty, you damn sis-con."

Yui was stopped in her tracks as I grabbed onto a handful of her long black hair. In a swift motion, I pulled back with all my might until she got off-balanced and fell towards the floor. Her body made a loud THUD when she landed. I then pinned Yui to the ground, hoping to immobilize her. Unfortunately, the impact caused a stack of boxes to topple over, and its contents spilled all across the apartment's flooring. Even worse, when the boxes toppled over, the ruckus echoed across the bare apartment, and no soundproof walls were good enough to block the entirety of it. Right on cue, I heard a knocking at my door followed by a very muffled, "Are you alright?" It was normal to check up on a neighbor when they heard a loud noise. Though in my case, I was pinning down a girl who was flailing around to free herself. I then placed the palm of my hand over Yui's mouth so she couldn't scream for help. If I just wait it out, the person at the door would probably go away. 

At least, that was what I thought...

My heart sank when I heard the full swivel of the doorknob and the creaking from the hinges of the door. My breathing fastened as I began to realize what had happened. I had forgotten to lock the door. 

It took a moment to process it, but the secret box's contents had spilled out when the boxes toppled over. Video game controllers for various consoles were sprawled out on the floor. The video game consoles themselves were encased in bubble wrap, so they probably weren't too damaged from the fall. However, I didn't know what was worse; my neighbor saw me wrestle a defenseless girl on the ground or my neighbor saw the items that would make me a hypocrite to my own ideology about Otakus. Yes, even though I hated Otakus and everything to do with it, I still owned video games. Even if it made me a hypocrite, it was something I couldn't part with...

Then the door finally opened all the way, and the fat landlord was standing there with his mouth agape and his eyes locked onto mine.

In this situation, I could only mutter, "T-This isn't what it looks like." 

The wind then caused the door behind him to shut close, and I knew deep down that I had to start apartment hunting again...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5