Chapter 1- Cliche Start
107 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A carriage devoid of human life. All around were thick trees blocking all view, grass atop the bed of the ground. I got up in pain, my ankle was sprained. I was lucky that was the worst injury I had, considering the situation. An out of control carriage and 8 dead people. Such a low yet heavy number.

In silence, I got up, withstanding the pain of my sprained ankle and headache to check on the conditions of the other occupants of the carriage. After tens of seconds I now knew the fact that everyone had died, myself being the only survivor. I had also taken some things I could carry with a bag. With nary a thought further, I ran; the direction of which was the opposite to the path the carriage had left from.

Why would I go back…? The bandits that were the cause of all this were definitely on their way. As long as they were your typical bandits, they wouldn’t find me. Banditry in many parts of the kingdom was foolish; no one would want the Guild on their asses. And those bandits weren’t fools either, they would do it a couple of times and leave to another part of the kingdom. The less they were at one place, the better.

I didn’t want to leave traces that I had ran but I was weak and unskilled so I couldn’t do anything about that. I could only hope.

*****

After a few hours, it would seem Lady Luck was shining on me. I was safe and sound- not quite, but still the bandits didn’t seem to notice me. And they certainly wouldn’t come after me now.

Anyways, now that that’s over, what should I do now? I'm lost in the forest without a clue as to where I am. At the very least, the forests near here shouldn’t be dangerous, as long as I don’t head too deep.

Alright, I should check what I brought along first. Dagger, some herbs, a canteen with water, 2 hp potions, etcetera etcetera.

…Hp Potions?

Wait a minute, where’d I even get the idea they were called Hp potions? They're obviously Healing Elixirs.

Oh yeah~, I got the name from video games. How could I forget?

…Huh?

Wait, this doesn’t make any sense. Video games, what even are those? No wait, whose memories are these?

…I remember...

...I remember now. My name is Yuuri but it is- no, was also- Ren Amiya. I assume I've regained the memories of my past life. I was a jobless NEET of the 21st century leeching off of my parents, being a lazy slob.

I don’t know why I've regained my memories but having more life experience would certainly be helpful.

My self of this life is Yuuri, an orphaned girl who has just started her life as an adventurer. I had used the little money I’d had to try to go to another town, my own was barren of simple resources, being a horrible place for beginner adventurer tasks. There were neither monsters nor useful plants, only the most common trees of the kingdom and the merchants going and coming from the town.

Something of great importance that I now knew about was the Status page. Everyone is set to be baptized by magic at the ages of 8 and 12. I had just undergone mine own second and had attained unlimited access to my own Status. I wonder if there's been any changes to my abilities because of this.

“Status.”

---------------------------------

[Yuuri, (Ren Amiya)]

[Age: 11, (21)]

[Race: Human]

[Class: Adventurer Lv 2]

[Titles: Life Remembrance, First of Earth, Being of Impossible Luck]

[Health: 251/270] [0.486/h]

[Mana: 999/999] [0.972/h]

[Stamina: 51/280] [0.14/s]

[Vitality: 27]

[Intelligence: 99]

[Constitution: 28]

[Wisdom:27]

[Charisma: 29]

[Luck: 78]

[Talents: Omni-Utilization(1/1), Godly Comprehension(1/10)]

[Skills: Dagger Arts Lv 1, Mana Absorption Lv1, Mana Manipulation Lv1, Mana Sense Lv1, Spell Diagrams Lv1, Housework Lv2, Aeris Language Lv2, Foraging Lv2, Life Magic Lv2, Sprint Lv2]

---------------------------------

There're very big differences. First off, let’s talk about my 3 new titles. Life Remembrance is probably because I've remembered my past life. I don’t know what it does though. First of Earth must mean that I'm the first person from Earth that this has happened to. I find it kind of unbelievable that I am. And Being of Impossible Luck, it’s probably because of the 2 talents and the other 2 titles that I have now.

Next, my stats. Except Luck and Int, everything’s been increased by 25. Luck has been increased by a whopping 75! And Int is heart stopping! The average adult has a stat of 5. Five! This is way too amazing! The general stats for E ranks is 10, D is 25, C is said to be 40, B is 60 and A is 80! But that’s all hearsay, I don’t actually know if it’s true.

Still though, I'm already stat equivalent to a D rank! Yippee!! My Luck is close to A rank and my Int has even reached A rank!

And yet I'm stuck in a forest, dammit!

Alright, I can’t get overconfident. All the young masters have taught me to never be arrogant! Plus, even if I have stats equal to D ranks, my skills are still severely lacking. They’d definitely wipe the floor with me. Sigh~

I've also gained another skill, Sprint! And it’s at level two already. Woohoo!

Calm down, calm down. Breathe in, …Fuu~ Breathe out, …Huu~.

For now, I have to assess my situation. Barely a minute has passed since I've started to check my Status. I need to figure out where exactly I am. So, the carriage veered off to the left, and I ran for a few hours so I shouldn’t be too deep into the forest.

…Wait, how fast was I running? My constitution has increased by a lot so I'm definitely faster than before.

*Growl*x4

Is my luck really 78? Is it really? If it is, why are there 4 wolves surrounding the tree I'm at?

*****

I put down my bag and look at the wolves, my dagger at the ready. Luckily, they seem to be ordinary wolves, the same level as a new E rank. They’ve surrounded me from all 4 diagonal sides.

We stay still… 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds… 5 seconds… 8 seconds… 11 seconds…

Now!

They rush forward, lunging to me as I wait. As soon as the one to my Northwest pounces at me, I rush in its direction, its jaw open ready to rip off my flesh! But I slide, my arm and body avoiding its claws. I pierce my dagger into its stomach, slicing its stomach open and its intestines spilling.

My left arm wasn’t idle either as I brought it up and hit the handle of my dagger, aiming for the wolves’ butt. Ha!

One’s down for the count…

The other three don’t waste time, the one opposite the first wolf continuing to rush in my direction without stop!

I didn’t waste time either, immediately regaining my footing and dashing at the second wolf! It opens its mouth and jumps, ready for a bite. I dash right avoiding its right claw and stab my dagger into its head, bringing it down to the ground, all the while twisting the dagger. Two!

Immediately pulling out my dagger, I sidestep the one coming from my left, bringing my left leg backward and swiftly but strongly kick the one coming from my right. Quickly but firmly I attack the right one with my dagger, ending its life within a second. Three!

I turn around slowly. The last one looks at me, and I look at it, my gaze frigid cold. Within its shining eyes, I see my figure wreathed in scarlet blood, its fear as clear as the vast blue skies. All I say is,

“Run.”

And in its complete and utter despair, it scampered away as fast as it could, tripping as it ran.

Now comes the main problem, the blood from the wolves will likely attract more predators. I go to the tree by which my sack is. I pick the sack up, and run away. To the direction that I came from. I had feared going back there because of the bandits but they likely wouldn’t stay there for much longer. And it'll be much safer to be close to the roads than this deep in the forest.

I cringed rereading this chapter. Why did I decide to do this?

2