Swatch 1.5: Paint Assignment
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Appointments flooded in and out nowadays. The boons and banes that come with the ability. A while back, Sabrina could not imagine this kind of traction. High profile clients do come with high profile cases, it seems. The catalyst case that launched a dozen more cases already felt way in the past.

 

 

[One month ago]

Ceilings a mile high were not something that was exactly few and far between in the big city. Soft, teal shoes tapping against the imported carpet of an immense office made no sound. But Sabrina tried anyway. Anything to get the rambling of her new client's voice out of her head.

   "So, Myung-Seo and Chul-So always go into that room after hours as my CCTV shows. The very next morning when I checked the balance on the Company's main account, it was down 8%!”

Marching with repeated steps past walls full of unreleased stationery, he stopped. The client rushed back to his desk, shuffling through the drawers. Sabrina stared towards the scene, watching his CEO nameplate bounce with each motion.

Realizing that his random search were aimless, Sabrina sought to speed things up.

   “Mr. Soo-“

   “Even with these security cameras, it’s without solid evidence,” he carried on. Slamming the drawers shut, Mr. Soo ran a hand through his mussy, thick black hair, standing upright. Lifting and chugging a mug of coffee down his throat, Sabrina rolled his eyes at his speedy behavior. He pulled down his wrinkled shirt, which only bounced back to its position, facing Sabrina.

   “That’s where you come in.”

   “Understood,” Sabrina finally got a word in edgewise, facing an adjacent conference room. “So, it’s that room you want painted?”

   “Correct,” Mr. Soo replied.

   “I’ll get started,” Sabrina set down a heavy kit that had been creasing her fingers for the last thirty minutes. Opening and closing her hand, stretching each sore finger, Sabrina looked up at Mr. Soo. “Did you tell your employees about the room’s repainting?”

   “Yes. I informed all employees this morning, although I also sent them e-mails last night to be on the safe side.”

   “Good.” Sabrina leaned an inch forward, placing her hand on the kit’s latch. Lifting it, she observed the hallway for a few moments before starting down it.

   “Um, miss Im?” Mr. Soo’s words halted her actions. “How is it you do what you do?”

Reaching for a strand of hair and putting in its place behind her ear, Sabrina spun her head in his direction.

   “…All you need to know is that I’ll handle it.”

Sabrina reestablished a firm grip on her kit, bearing with its weight as she walked. Mr. Soo could only stare, amazed at this young lady’s determination for a brand new client.

   “Right…” he murmured. “I’ll give the remaining thousand to add to the five hundred I paid you ahead when the job’s done, as you asked…”

1