Chapter 1
320 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Age of Legends, a game that has been the subject of discussion for over a year, when its release was announced. Promising to be realistic, mixing fantasy and adventure in a virtual reality world, developed by the most famous company in games and reality together with the military. But that was not what motivated her to try the game, growing up with military parents was not easy, they did not always have time despite always striving to at least have dinner together whenever they could. And it is clear that being an only child did not help much in this, and choosing to study at home due to the constant change because of the work of her parents helped so that she did not know almost anyone.

Despite everything she always liked her life, she liked to study, one of the things that occupied her mind from time to time is one of the family traditions, going to the military academy for higher education. With the overcoming in technology and overcoming the frontiers of the land, military education has become more valuable, the best place to guarantee a successful future is the military academy, graduating there basically guarantees a pass for almost any job. With regular courses and courses for the so-called ACE, more focused on the military side, several renowned clubs and many opportunities.

“I decided that I would like to continue the family tradition and try the military academy. And I would like to start playing Age of Legends that will be released next week, since you have been talking about him so much. "
At that moment they both looked at each other before turning to her, apparently looking for the best way to speak.

"Kalina, are you sure?"

“Yes, mother, according to my teachers I am really ahead in my theoretical studies, but I will need to train more for the practical exam, as there is still a year to go I must have time to improve. And about the game, it was developed in conjunction with the military, so it certainly won't be something so simple and without purpose made just for fun. In addition to all the things to mention about the game, you always mention things that apparently would interest me. ”

"You are right dear, we cannot tell you why the game is important, only that if you decide to play you must make an effort."

"No need to worry, we will ask for what you will need to play, it will arrive the day before the game is released."

“Thank you so much mom, dad, I’m going to be able to get into the gym and I’ll work hard at the game. "

"We know that dear, you were always great."

The following week was spent planning and studying, although it has not yet been released the developers have been providing information throughout the year, language maps, legends and stories of the game, allowing players to familiarize themselves with the game and its plot before the event if they tried a little.

Then decide the race you would play with, which class to focus on, where to set up a guild, what the requirements for members are, what to start with, how to level up as efficiently as possible.

Between studies, training for the test and preparations for the game a week passed quickly, as his parents promised the day before the launch of the game the equipment arrived. Instead of the virtual reality helmets that became more popular, she got a capsule, which should provide better gameplay and should improve muscles and endurance while the player is playing.

The installation was really quick, and the next day she was just waiting for the launch to start playing. As soon as the game became available she logged in, seeing herself in a black space, with an image of her over a beam of light, obviously as a human.

"Welcome to Age of Legends, please select a race."

A female voice, devoid of emotions, was apparently responsible for entering the game, when sliding her hand to the right the image was changing, showing how her appearance would be in the different races, she was sliding to an elf.

"Please select the Sub race."

She again slid to a stop in lunar elves, and when selecting a panel was available to personalize the character, such as eye color, hair color, allowing a change of up to fifteen shades from its original color. Of course, the developers provided paid modules that allowed players to choose any color. For her ideas she needed anonymity, so looking different from real life would be useful, she kept her features, and her original size so she didn't have to get used to the differences, and just changed her hair color to a platinum white.

"You finished the changes, do you want to continue?"

"Yes"

"Please enter a name."

Kaylin

“Please choose your starting city. "

Moonwood village

"Welcome to Age of Legends Kaylin, may the stars guide your path, and may your name become part of the legends."

Moonwood village is one of the smallest villages in the game, and is probably not a starting point for players, most of them end up deciding to start in the capital. Every player starts the game with 10 copper, and nothing in the inventory, when looking around she realizes that there are some stores around, she spends 6 copper to get armor, boots and a pair of daggers. Then she headed for a clearing to the north of the village, where there are some level 1 monsters, these were rabbits, not particularly fast or strong.

She used the cover of trees and shadows to move without being noticed, and did her best to move without making a noise, as soon as one of them approached she jumped on him, using one of the daggers to stab one of the critical points in the back of the head , and took advantage of the brief stunning to use the other and make a cut on his throat.

Soon after that she collected the two coppers that fell from him and a rabbit fur, only then did she notice the notifications that appeared.

‘You learned a critical hit!’

‘You learned Stealth!’

‘You learned an ambush!’

When reading these notifications a smile appeared on her face, knowing that some techniques would really appear just for performing them in a rudimentary way, so she decided to take it seriously, and use her training, take the opportunity to get the maximum techniques and leave them on highest level possible. After killing four others she reached level two, and decided to move on to the next monsters, not far away there are level 5 monsters, iron boars, they are bigger than the real ones and their fur is slightly silver, but they are really slow, so she should be fine, as long as she doesn't try to go against the whole pack at once.
Instead of going head-on, she sneaked behind what was furthest from the group and lured him away from the rest, ensuring he wouldn't call for help, and then tried every attack she could, it took half an hour to kill him. but in return she jumped from the beginning of level two to half of level three. And then in that moment she made her decision, she blocked her name from the level rank and collected the falling items, before turning around and attracting one more.

6