2-
29 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name

Terra

   
         
     

Current

Max

Class

None

0

0

         
 

Current

Max

Regen

 

Hp

12

12

2

Hp/hr

Mp

17

17

4

Mp/hr

         

Strength

4

     

Constitution

4

     

Dexterity

5

     

Agility

5

     

Spirit

14

     

Clarity

12

     

Free Stats

0

     

The average stats of a normal person is 10. A person living in the cities may have 6-8 points in str and dex and instead have 12 in clarity or spirit instead

 

Strength for physical might

Constitution for physical resilience

Dexterity for precise movements 

Agility for fast movement

Spirit for mp, magic power, mental strength

Clarity for mp regen, magic control, mental resilience

 

As a 10 year old kid, my physical stats are quite average, but my mental stats are way higher than what they’re supposed to be. 

 

For an adult they are above average, but not for a kid my age. 

 

I mean, I always wanted to be a mage when I grew up, learning magic, becoming powerful, doing anything I want, and Having a high spr and cla are both great to have for mages, but this is just strange. 

 

I do consider myself more intelligent than the other kids, although which kid doesn’t, but this seems a bit too odd. I’m not one to turn down a free gift from the gods though I suppose. 

 

*sigh

 

Walking into my home, a humble wooden home, with 2 bedrooms and a living plus kitchen area. Already as I neared the front door, I could spell the aromas of the feast my mom had prepared. 

 

*creak

 

“There’s our birthday girl, come and sit down, let us set up the table for our special little girl”

 

My father welcomed me in, all while setting the plates of food and utensils down on the dining table. He was normally a stalwart kind of figure. He didn’t often speak  lengthy talks, and could come off cold with his neutral face, but he was often very warm around family. Short cropped black hair with tinges of grey at the edges. He had a short and trimmed beard, put together with his grey eyes and stout body, he always looked made for being the captain guard. 

 

Settling down into my seat, I could see the plethora of different dishes my mother made. An assortment of the local wildlife such as boar meat chopped and seasoned with mythlen fruit sauce. The sweet and tangy sauce when added to tender boar meat chunks made for a very nice meal. I was a bit of a sucker for sweets. 

 

“Enjoy Terra!”

 

Standing half a head shorter than my father, my mother sported long black hair like my own, although with clay blue highlights and blue eyes, compared to my own purple highlights and eyes. 

 

Digging into the dishes laid before me, we all enjoyed a nice dinner together. 

 

“Kaira invited Lan over to give advice for her awakening day” I told my parents.

 

“It makes sense. Lan is a seasoned hunter, it's already been over 15 years she’s been hunting for us right?”

 

“It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a local mage in our town to give advice to Terra” my mother replied.

 

“Most would rather hole up in the capital and enjoy their resources and opportunities to research after all.”

 

Some more small talk happened until we all finished clearing our plates and cleaning the table.

 

“Ok Terra, can you tell us your stats now?” my mother asked.

 

Reciting my stats to my parents.

 

“Your strength and constitution is low, as you always did slack on physical activities with the other kids, but your spirit and clarity are very high,” my mother smiled encouragingly

 

“Too high, do you know why Terra?”

 

“No, I'm not sure. I checked, but I haven’t selected a class nor any special skills to give me such a boost.”

 

“Well, you always did want to be a mage, and this is as sure of a sign as any to be one. With magical base stats such as these, well few mages even from the major cities could claim to be as gifted in the beginning as this. Terra, now is the beginning of your path. You always said you wanted to be a mage, but you must understand what that entails and explain what your goals are. If you want to be strong then becoming a hunter like Kaira is a much more straightforward path. We live in a village on the outskirts, and we have limited resources for cultivating a mage. I'm sure the village would welcome a magic user, but you would more often than not be weaker than kaira, since you would have no mentors, no magic books to learn from, nor other special items such as magic wands to aid you.”

 

“Why do you want to be a mage, what are your plans, what is your goal, and what kind of mage do you want to become?”

 

My dad gave me a hard and serious look. He was a warm father but this time he was cold, giving me the reality of my situation. He’s right. I was born in a rural village, a place that would be great to cultivate physical classes like kaira’s hunter, but less so for magical classes that often needed resources and studying. 

 

“I want to be a mage because I have always wanted magic. I want to become a mage that can be strong enough to do what I want. Strong enough to hunt monsters like a hunter, strong enough to help others like a healer, strong enough to explore. It may sound naive and childish, but I swear that I will never regret going down this path, I can’t give any other evidence besides that whenever I think of magic, I feel right as if my soul was meant for it. My current plans would be to get a magic class, grow strong enough to explore on my own, then travel to a city and become an adventurer. I know their profession is dangerous, but it is one of the only ways for my profession with our upbringing to reach a higher level.”

 

Adventurers were similar to mercenaries, in which they take quests from clients to accomplish certain tasks, although mercenaries were mainly hired to deal with human related quests, and adventurers dealt with monster related quests,but they could still take similar quests or be paired together occasionally. 

 

My father gave me a hard look, but I didn’t allow my eyes to falter from his gaze. Magic always felt right. I had never mentioned that I could sense the mana around me to anyone. I never felt the need to, or rather I thought others could until I observed Kaira never looking at them. 

 

“All right you owe a gold coin for that one Tyrus” my mother cheekily grinned at my father.

 

My father's eyes rolled before reaching into his pouch and handing a gold coin to mother. 

 

My mother looked back to me and winked, “I bet that you would want to become an adventurer, but your father believed you would want to humbly stay in our village and learn at a safe pace, although as your fathers daughter, I knew you would try your hand at adventuring like him”

 

After a short explanation, it turns out father had his adventuring days before finding mom on a quest, and settling down with her.

 

*cough

 

“Ok then, well it would certainly be hypocritical of me to deny my own child what I did in the past, still adventuring is very dangerous work, even if you make sure to take appropriate quests for your level, unknown dangers can always appear, so agree with me that you won’t run off to the nearest city and register until your an adult on your 16th birthday.”

 

“I promise”

 

“All right. Show us you available classes first, we can decide your general skills based on your class after”

 

Even though I had enough bravado today to look at my stats, I was too nervous to look at my available classes. 

 

Classes were life defining for most people. Sure if someone wanted to be a fisher and didn’t get a fisher class it wasn’t the end of the world, but if I didn’t get a magic related class option, I’d probably break down and cry. 

 

“Don’t worry, with how you were practically born to be a mage with your innate mana sense skill, I am completely confident your choices will be good ones Terra, no matter what we can make it work ok?” my mother comforted me.

 

Bracing myself I mentally focus on my class.

1