4-
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So Terra, what class did you choose?”

 

Kaira asked, swinging her legs as we were laying on the edge of the stream, dipping our toes. 

 

Explaining to her what happened. 

 

“WOW 3???” she dropped her jaws at the news.

 

“Yeah, now I’m not too sure what I want to be. I know I could be any of them, and while some paths are easier, I'm not sure if that means they’re more right.”

 

“Well, I mean do you want to go to the capital to study?”

 

“I want to learn more about magic, but going to a city and being crowded like that, not to the mention the social politics I would need to go through would be rough.”

 

“Do you want to join a church and learn how to worship?”

 

“I only do the usual prayers casually, I never had a big interest in it to be honest.”

 

“Then would you be ok with becoming an adventurer and fighting monsters?”

 

“That… yeah actually. Not being tied down, being free to fight monsters and help people sounds nice.”

 

“Ding, there you go then.”

 

“That...that's actually...thanks Kaira. Now it's like you're smarter than me” I smirk.

“Always has been,” she smirked. 

 

“But if I become a sorcerer, what kind would I be? Plus I don’t think Idk if I’m going to become an adventurer yet, I could just stay in the village and join you on your hunt Kaira.”

 

“Ah geez, you're thinking about this too much. We don’t even know what's going to be an option for us in the future so why bother worrying. Just do what you think is right and work your hardest.”

 

*sigh “I guess you’re somewhat right. I want to do more with magic, and I think it would be great to grow strong enough to defend our home, for now that’s enough”

 

Kaira gave me a teasing smirk as if she thinks she truly is miss perfect.

 

“Ok then, I’m going to talk with my parents about it, the sun is setting too, I’ll see you tomorrow then Kaira, thanks.”

 

“See ya!”

“Father, mother, I’ve decided I want to be a sorcerer.”

“So you want to be an adventurer then? It’ll be a dangerous life Terra, are you determined to go through with this? You still have time to deliberate.”

 

“I’m not sure if I want to be an adventurer, but I think just trying to be strong enough to help Lan and Kaira in hunting and becoming strong enough to help defend the village would be good enough for now, and I’m certain that I want to be a sorcerer. I don’t want to spend my life studying in academies, nor worshipping in church. I just want a simple life of doing magic, and helping out my home.”

 

My mother smiled at that, and I swear I could see a small upturning of my father's lips.

 

“Well Tyrus, this is Terra’s life, and having a sorcerer helping out in the village would be helpful. This way we could make sure that Terra is properly trained and ready for when she decides if she wants to fly out of the nest.”

 

My father looked me in the eye, but I resolved myself to show that I believed in my choice. “Hmph, alright then, but you can’t leave the village without our approval first then. It's a dangerous world outside, and a lone non-trained mage would be easy pickings for any bandit, much more so than a young hunter or fighter. At least they could try and outrun them, but weak unattended mages, not so.”

 

I readily agreed. I may be young, but I wasn’t stupid enough to think it was a good idea to go out alone ill prepared. 

 

“If I become an adventurer, for now I just want to use magic”

 

My parents gave me a rueful smile. Ever since I first mentioned I could sense mana, I often spent hours just thoughtfully experiencing and being mesmerized by mana. Soon it developed into my talks about mana and magic, and soon into my excitement at receiving my yearly book about mana and magic for my birthdays. They were beginner books, and often didn’t go too in depth. Plenty of my earlier ones were picture books, with less complicated vocabulary as well. Books, while they are plenty in the capitals, were a bit expensive for our family/village both as an item from the city itself, but also from the traveling cost associated with them. 

 

“All right, then select your class then.”

Name

Terra Navia

   
         
     

Current

Max

Class

Sorcerer

1

100

         
 

Current

Max

Regen

 

Hp

15

15

3

Hp/hr

Mp

22

22

6

Mp/hr

         

Strength

6

     

Constitution

7

     

Dexterity

8

     

Agility

5

     

Spirit

19

     

Clarity

17

     

Free Stats

3

     

 

After recounting my new stats to my parents.

 

“Ok now let's take a look at your skills, both your class and general skills.”

 

Sorcerer

 

Mana Bolt

1

Fire a bolt of mana

Mana Barrier

1

Create a barrier of mana

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

 

General Skills

 

Sense Mana

18

Sense mana

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

[None]

0

 

 

“Ok so Mana Bolt and Mana Barrier are the normal skills to be included with wizard and sorcerer classes, but your Sense Mana is already lvl 18?”

 

“Is that good?”

 

“That’s great. Most skills would only grow to around 25 for a normal guard in the city. For soldiers or adventurers the average grows to 50, and elite adventurers will have some skills at level 100 in which I’ve heard they can go through their own advancements and become upgraded. Well first off, you shouldn’t even have the sense mana skill until you unlocked your class and tried a spell using mana. So ebing 17 levels ahead of your peers is amazing in its own right,” my father explained. 

 

“Now that we know what class you have, and make sure about what skills you obtained, it’s time to discuss your general skills.”

 

“First you need resting, calm mind,and vigilant,” my father said in a tone that wasn’t going to accept anything other than yes.

 

“Yes”

 

I agreed since they all seemed like reasonable skills to have based on their names.

 

“I would also recommend some skills like cooking, clean, and pain resistance,” my mother added

 

Taking a look at my available general skills, “I have a calm mind, resting, pain resistance, cooking, and clean available.” My father nodded so I picked those up. General skills normally are not that hard to gain, all one has to do is perform actions that would facilitate said skills enough times until the skill pops up as a choice. I never really survived by myself outside of the village, and while I was cautious with the occasional poisonous plants or insects, it wasn’t enough to gain vigilant. 

“Then we’ll do some practice tomorrow to get the other general skills. You should have 3 general skill slots free for yourself to pick, although probably keep 1 or 2 specifically to help with magic and your class.”

 

General Skills

 

Sense Mana

18

Sense mana

Resting

13

Increase regen while resting

Calm Mind

4

Calms your mind

Cooking

7

Increased proficiency in cooking

Pain Resistance

3

Resistance to pain

Clean

5

Increased self cleanliness

     
     
     
     

 

0