Chapter 7: Travel and Scorching Heat
126 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     The little dragon continued his journey to find answers for his existence. What is he? where did he come from? why does everyone keep trying to capture him? these were questions he desperately wants answers to, and so he continues he journey towards the volcano in the distance. With every step he could feel it getting hotter and hotter as he drew closer to the volcano. Not long after he left the forest for the mountain, the heat was so strong he could see trees caught on fire from the shear heat of the volcano.

     After merely a few hours of walking the little dragon arrived at the base of the volcano. His scales and exposed flesh were sizzling at the heat of it, but he did not let the heat defeat him yet, for his questions have yet to be answered. He then began climbing the volcano side, the fluid dripping off him not even able to fall from his body before evaporating, the little dragon still blissfully unaware of the substance he secreted.

     After sweating and secreting fluids during the long arduous climb the little dragon find the mouth of a cave inside the volcano wall, he decided to go in and investigate, seeing that is is empty he walked inside and decided to rest for a while so that he could hopefully get used to the heat. After an hours rest he gets back up and continues the climb. Finally after many hours of climbing he reached the summit! the smoke and rolling heat scorching him further. 

     Upon reaching the lip of the volcano, the little dragon looks down into the bowl of the volcano and looks around. As he scans the lave he notices but a single out of place thing. He sees a strange coiled pillar sticking out of the lava. A pillar so huge it could be at least as tall as a 3 story house! It was strangely coiled backwards then forwards and looked like a mix between a goat and a bulls horn. Then he realised it. That was no pillar. That was the horn of a massive monster!

     As he came to realize this the lava began to bubble, shift, shake and stir. the volcano itself began to quake and bellow as the horn began to rise from the lava as a titanic beast began rising from the flowing lava. Soon a second horn appeared then a massive eye and rows of sharp teeth. A massive head had risen up from beneath the volcano, a head the fit the entire circumference of the volcano's opening! the head itself dwarfed the little dragon over a hundred times in size. The eyes on the beast stared down at the little dragon and thus being so terrified the little dragon sh*t itself.

     Seeing this display the giant head suddenly began laughing! "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" This caused the whole volcano to quake. The voice the creature emitting was a deep, raspy voice. "Little Dragon, I have been awaiting you for a very long time" "For the moment you hatched I have known about you". "Wait, you know about me? How?" the little dragon questioned, pondering as to how the massive creature knew about his existence. "That is because I have the reason for your existence" "If you wish, I can tell you the story as to how you came to be!" The creature said this knowing as to why the little dragon had come. "Yes i came her wanting to know why I am even here so please, tell me why!" as he said this, the creature sighed and thus began the tale.

     "Lets start with this, My name is "Ungolaphor" and I am what is known in this world as a Colossus Dragon. I am a being in this world that dwarfs most creatures in size, but the reason for my size is because of how much magic I can take in. Colossus Dragons are the slowest, yet most wise and magically power breed of dragon in existence. Due to our size we are slow, however with the time it takes to move, we are usually deep in thought, which is where our wisdom comes from. I myself have been alive for around a thousand years. This amount of time had caused my body to become to big for the soil to support me and the ground collapsed beneath me. This caused my body to sink deep enough into the earth and release a giant lava flow why is what formed this volcano. I have been stuck here ever since".

     Now we shall begin the true story, the story you were waiting for. It all began 100 years ago. A massive war had begun between several kingdoms on this continent. Three of the six countries on this continent were fighting with each other for dominance over the lands. The three countries were known as The country of Steel Gimleth, The country of obsidian Lecturn and the country of Topaz Malnorath. Each of these countries are famous for a specialty resource that they mine. However each wanted something they did not have, and so they waged war on each other. This caused the nature in each country to die, giving birth to monstrosities. Unbeknownst to the 3 countries a 4th one, the country of Emeralds, Goromite sent one of they're most powerful people to find something to end the war, and so he did.

     After travelling for months to look for something he could use, he found me or I should say my head buried in the dirt. Thinking I was dead he tried to remove some of my scales but I told him not to even try it". The man then pulled out his sword and screamed "Are you friend or foe beast!" and so I replied with "Neither, I am simply a being that fell thought the ground and got stuck by accident. Please pay me no heed." The man still suspicious decided to not dawdle any further, he forcibly yanked off a few of my scales and ran. As he left I thrashed about in my anger and sunk deeper into the earth. accidentally opening a pocket of lava. Thus here I am today, stuck in this volcano that was formed from my own clumsiness.

     "Oookay then, but what does any of this have to do with me?" the little dragon questions. "Ahhh, well when an ancient dragon loses its scales, at least one of those scales softens and transforms into an egg. The scales that man stole were several of my blood scales. Scales that were full of my blood impurities. Not only that but they were caked in the dried blood of a rival dragon that attacked my a day or two beforehand. The scales had absorbed some of the blood from it, causes them to slightly rot. My best guess is you are a result of those corrupted scales being removed". "So I am technically your child?" the little dragon ponders. "I guess so, though I am not sure That is entirely correct." "However since you have come here I will give you some valuable information.

     Since you were born from the corrupted blood of two completely different dragons, you are beginning to develop a "Scale Curse". "What is a scale curse? the little dragon questions. "A scale curse is a blight for dragons. A horrible affliction that can potentially kill a dragon and anything else living within miles of the dragon affected". "How do I get rid of it?" "Normally it goes away after some time, However in the case that it gets worse, normally a dragon must find a place where the sun beams down unblocked constantly. A place where the suns rays scorches everything constantly until nighttime". "I think I know where I can find a place like that" the little dragon exclaims "However I have to become stronger before I can get there because Stone giants block the way" He exclaims. "Ah I know where you are talking about. The towering mountain, the tallest mountain in all of the kingdoms. Unfortunately it will be tougher then you think because not only is the forest around it filled with dangerous creatures, the mountain itself has many powerful beasts that reign above even some of the many kingdoms elite knights".

     "I guess at this point you should get going already, however before you go I shall give you this as a parting gift" As the giant dragon finishes speaking it breaths a hot breath apon the little dragon, causing its scales to gain a slightly blue tint to its normally deep red. "That is my blessing, it will help you get stronger much faster and if you eat enough and fight enough your body will grow much faster then it normally would." "Now begone child for I must rest. Be safe and grow strong." "Thank you mother!" as the discussion ends, the Collosus Dragon sinks its head under the volcano again and the little dragon heads towards one of the nearby kingdoms in hope of finding something to help him grow stronger.

     

6