Prologue
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The blond haired boy guided the mercenary's trough the underground tunnels, rolling the wheeled sarcophagus between all of them.

The lighting was dark and air like subtle needles of cold, slowly making its way trough their clothes and slowly under their skin, a uncomfortable ever growing chill warning them from pressing onward.

The kid seemed to be only one unaffected, just casually walking onwards with a weird smile on his face.

They eventually reached a large set of doors, the metal almost screeched as they opened revealing a disturbing sight.

A chamber with cryonic tanks, the bodies of other children frozen on place.

One of the few empty opened, sending a small wind of pure freezing cold at them, much like opening a fridge.

‘Just put it in here.’ the now greatly unnerved mercs opened the coffin and placed the child’s body inside. Metal arms came out of the sides, strapping it in place before it closed.

‘You have done your job tremendously good gentlemen, now your reward is just in the next room.’

‘Just what are all this bodies used for?’

‘You don’t need to concern yourself with that, Javelin is paying you a lot. Isn’t that matters?’

‘I...guess so? But I’ he stopped mid sentence when one of the other mercs placed his hand on his shoulder, signaling him to shut up. They stood in Javelin’s lair right now, it was better to stop questioning.

They stepped trough the door on the opposite site from where they entered, the room was mostly empty, just a single table, with a single metal box on it.

‘Your payment, as promised.’ They all went to get it, once inside the door closed and sudden screams erupted from it. Red and orange light could be seen trough the tiny space in between the door and its frame, as they all burned alive in there.

No witnesses, words must not get out about their whereabouts.

The boy turned to the frozen bodies, so lifeless like his used to be.

Soon though, soon they would be enough. For it didn’t matter how many the Empire or that annoying crew killed, for there would always be more. Javelin was beyond their petty grasp, and soon to be new ruler of the wasteland, and the true savior of mankind.

0