Chapter 1
257 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Toshi, Toshi Zanagi to be exact. My mother says that it was my grandfather's wish to name me since he had always wanted a son. Father was against it at first, but the name quickly grew on him and by the time he knew it, he didn't mind. It also helped that he got along with gramps. Enough about that, that's not important. What's important is that the day has repeated itself again.

I've long stopped counting but it must've been at least a year since I've been stuck in this time-loop. I've tried various things to get out of said time-loop, but it was easier said than done. First off, in my world, there exists something called magic, so my first idea was to use magic to break out of the time-loop, but once again, that was easier said than done.

Not only was I a teen who just turned 16, but I was also hopeless with magic. I just didn't have an affinity for it. It didn't mean I couldn't use magic, it was just that the things I could do magic were pretty useless, to say the least, and were really only good for party tricks if anything, so that was my hope of escaping this time-loop going down the drain.

It also didn't help that with each day repeating, I couldn't even train my magic. I would keep all the memories of before the day repeated, but that was it. Any physical changes like stronger muscles didn't transfer over, and likewise, training magic was useless.

One other thing I tried was staying up since the day would always repeat after I went to sleep, but that was also a failure. I don't know how, but whenever I tried to stay up, even if I was overloaded with caffeine, I would always suddenly wake up in my bed, over and over again.

It was torture, to say the least! Whoever is doing this is definitely not going to a good place. I mean look at me, they're torturing a poor boy like me. What did I ever do?

The next thing I did was also tell my parents and friends that the day was repeating itself over and over again, but even when they believed me, it was useless. Once the day repeated itself, their memories were wiped clean.

So there I sat, bored, drinking my 3rd cup of coffee. I somehow developed an addiction to it which was weird, but oh well, I didn't mind. The coffee that mother drank tasted very good.

"Toshi, stop drinking that. It'll stunt your growth!" my mother exclaimed. "You must grow big and strong like your father and also..."

I had heard this talk dozens of times, dare I say hundreds of times. I just simply ignored it as I took another sip of the coffee.

"Are you even listening to me?"

I nodded. "Yes, but mother, what does it matter? Let me live my life. I'm stuck in this hell anyways, being tortured for the rest of my life."

Hehe, what if I am in hell? Wait... That gives me an idea. "Gotta go mother, I must exercise and I'll think of stopping my coffee addiction."

Running out of the house, I went into the woods and kept running until I found myself at the edge of a cliff. 

I've tried everything but dying. I wonder what would happen to me if I died?

Looking down the cliff, I had second thoughts. Do I really want to do it? What if I actually died?

Thinking about it some more, I decided that if I was going to die, it was better than living in this time-loop that I was stuck in, so I made up my mind of jumping off the cliff.

"Aghhh... Let's go! Cannonbaaaaaall!"

Taking a quick run-up, I jumped off the cliff. It was scary, to say the least, but after a few seconds, I didn't mind and it was a bit relaxing as I fell to my death. The cliff was very high so I still had a couple of seconds before I would impact the ground below and die.

As I became closer and closer to the ground, I closed my eyes and waited until I died. I felt a quick jolt of pain and then there was nothing.

I opened my eyes, if I even had any, and saw my body on the ground, blood splattered everywhere. It was disgusting, to say the least, and I would've definitely puked if I could.

Am I a ghost now? I stretched out my arms in front of my face. It looked the same except that it was see-through. 

So I am a ghost... well, it's not that bad. Aha! Maybe I've broken the time-loop?

Testing to see if I've broken the time loop, I lazed around in my new ghostly form, terrorizing some of the rabbits in the area which made me laugh.

As the moon rose, I hoped that I had broken the time-loop. seconds went by, then minutes, and then hours. It was almost midnight. Just when I thought that I had broken the time-loop, I once again woke up in my bed.

My mother was calling me and I wasn't a ghost anymore, but this time, there was something weird. Above my mother's head was a green bar and letters above the green bar.

Agi Horisari - Lvl. 53

Huh? What the hell is that? I went into the mirror and I also had one on top of my head.

Toshi Zanagi - Lvl. 16

Level 13?

"Tooooooshi! Get over here! The food is getting cold!"

"Alright! I'm coming," I said as I washed my face and sat on the table.

"Mother, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"What's that thing that is floating on top of my head and yours?"

Mother laughed and smiled. "Why it's your name and hp obviously. Part of the system that the gods gave us."

9