Extra Chapter 1: The Girl Wakes Up
1k 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The blue fox passes by the baby dragon collapsed on the ground, walking to the girl the same dragon was taking care of.

“Haven’t I told to you to not draw attention from the Holy Light Church? I warned you, they were acting weird, but you, as always, didn’t listen to me”

The fox sighs, then turns towards the dragon.

“And you, why did you waste your own magicules for a woman you don’t even know? ..... Neither of them are listening to me, one of them is on a forced sleep and the other is in a coma…”

It sighs again, now turning back to the girl.

“Amity, Amity, what am I going to do with you? I could leave you here and let Sedafo find you, then you would probably be killed for real, but I am your familiar and can’t let that happen, so I’ll need to wake you from this coma. I didn’t want to use my magicules, but I see there’s no other option, you’ll take weeks to wake up with your own recovery, that goes without saying your skills are sealed by that curse...you really reaaaally overdid it this time, you were outsmarted and they got you…I am talking to myself again, if you were dreaming like that dragon back there I could just jump in it to talk to you, but you aren’t, your consciousness is basically non-existent right now”

The fox gets on top of Amity.

“I’ll only do this once, I don’t want to be trapped on the physical plane by lack of magicules, or worse, completely vanish, you know, I can’t really maintain my physical form without magicules and without a physical form on the physical plane I’ll just dissolve into nothingness, well, I think I could take refugee on your mind, oh, yeah, your mind right now is total nothingness, well, I think then I could go over to the dragon’s mind, it’s probably full of random stuff as it’s just a baby, but you know, if I don’t have any other choice, I’ll just have to make do”

The blue seven-tailed fox starts to transfer his magicules to the unconscious girl, getting more transparent each second that passes. Soon it stops the transfer, just barely maintaining his body.

“There, if I give you more I’ll be the one in danger, but the quantity of magicules I gave you should bring you back in a few hours, I can already sense your consciousness coming back, so I’ll just wait here, on top of you, because I won’t lay on the ground after what you’ve made me do, so you’ll just have to deal with it, now if you excuse me I’ll be the one sleeping to recover my magicules”

Just like it said, the fox fell asleep on top of Amity.

 

Hours pass by and the girl starts to wake up with a blue ball of fur on her chest.

“Huh? I don’t remember having a blue pillow”

Amity, still half asleep try to grab the fur ball, just for it to move on itself, reveling what she thought was a ball of blue fur was actually a blue kitsune.

“Zenshin? What are you doing here? I thought you hated transitioning from the spiritual plane to the physical plane and because of that you wanted to stay on the spiritual plane”

“I still do! Some spirits like the jump from one plane to the other, but I don’t! Anyway, I’ve only come here to save your ass because you didn’t listen to me, I tried warning you to not draw attention from the Holy Light Church but you went and did it anyway, now you’re paying the price and so do I because I had to save you or you would be dead long before waking up, now you act like you don’t have a care in the world, if you weren’t you I would give you the worst nightmares I could ever think of…”

Zenshin, the kitsune started talking, the more he continued the more lifeless the face of Amity seemed, until a point where she couldn’t take it anymore.

“Alright, alright! I get it, you’re mad at me, I can see it, but please just stop talking, I can’t take it anymore”

She says like her life depends on it. Zenshin look at this and sighs, then jump to the ground. Amity takes a few seconds before getting up and stretches.

“Sooo, what happened? For your reaction I must have had a bad time, huh?”

“Really? I just said all of that and you didn’t hear a word I said?!”

“nueeeeeep”

The kitsune looks dead at Amity’s eyes.

“I’m sorryyyyy, but you talk too much whenever you get the chance to!”

“Why do I even bother? You never change, at least you haven’t changed for the last what? 300 years?”

“Aahhh, don’t be like that, zeny, c’mon, tell me what happened, looks like almost all of my skills are still sealed, there are a few that aren’t, but still, I only remember flying back towards Draconis and nothing more”

“Well, I don’t know a lot either, I only know you got hit by a magic that almost destroyed all of your magicules, it even closed our soul corridor, I couldn’t help you even if I wanted to”

“Then how…?”

“That dragon over there?”

Amity quickly looks at the dragon and back to the kitsune.

“Zeny, that’s a wyvern, not a dragon”

“what you’re talking about? That is a dragon”

“Zeny, look, dragon and wyvern can look the same, especially when they’re babies”

“I know that, and knowing that I’m saying it’s a dragon”

“Look, you do know the main difference between dragons and wyverns, don’t you?”

“Of course! Do I look like a stupid spirit? Dragons have a consciousness while wyverns are just animals”

“Yes, and you know that you can recognize one and another by their magic signature?”

“Are you saying that I am dumb?”

“Noooo, not at all, I’m just saying that I can sense its magic signature and it is a wyvern”

“What? That doesn’t make any sense!”

“Maybe whatever happened to me affected you?”

“No, I’m not saying that, I now see what you’re talking, if I only sense its magic signature, it is a wyvern…”

“Seeee?!”

“But I can sense a mind too, in fact, its mind is dreaming right now, if it were a true wyvern it wouldn’t dream, at least not a dream I could detect”

“What?”

“What I am saying is: its magic signature tell it is a wyvern, while his consciousness tells it is a dragon”

“That’s not possible, let me appraise it……shit, my [Appraisal] skill is sealed. Zeny, do me a favor, please?”

“If I can do it, then yes”

“Great! Please enter on its dream and wake it up, I want to talk to it”

Zenshin looks at the dragon and back to Amity.

“Do I have to?”

“Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase?”

Amity says with big puppy eyes, almost pleading to the kitsune. The kitsune gives one more sigh.

“Fine, I’ll do it”

“Yaaay! Thanks!”

The girl hugs Zenshin for a few seconds before sitting close to the dragon.

“Ok, I’ll go now, it shouldn’t take more than five minutes, just wait for me, ok?”

“Okay!”

The Kitsune looks at the dragon and his body begins to glow blueish as it dissolves into thin air as he enters the dragon’s mind.

35