Chapter 15: Going Back to the Village?!
857 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amity, Zenshin and I walked out of the cavern, well, Amity and Zenshin walked out of the cavern, I'm still being held like a cat by Amity, why don't I tell her to put me on the ground? Well I tried, her response?

“Are you crazy? Your stats are so low the wind blowing a little too hard would make you go flying”

Apparently I am so weak the wind can make me take off like a sheet of paper? My physical stats are

------------------------------------

Strength - 240

Defense - 240

Magic - 375

Magical Defense - 562

Dexterity – 155

Stealth - 155

Precision – 165

------------------------------------

I don't know what those means, though. My strength is 240, but what that means? That I can punch someone and if his defense isn’t as high our higher than my strength their HP will go down the same amount the difference between our stats are? That's probably it? I don't know, the only thing that I fought were the rabbits but my [Appraisal] skill wasn't high enough for me to see their stats, it still isn't, I think, at least it didn't work on Amity.

“Jeez, those guys don't know when to give up. They're about 2 hours away from here, we better get going”

Huh? What are you…oh I see, it's pretty far away but I can see them clear as day, no, seriously, even though the sky is dark I can see like it was the middle of the day. They look like a small army, probably? I don’t have a real sense of how many people would become an army, I just know what I’ve seen on TV series and games.

“They’re probably searching for you, Amity. I know they’re not looking for me or our dragon friend, they don’t even know about our existence, he has just been born and never encountered anyone but small animals, and I never let myself be seen by anyone other than you two…and a few others, but they wouldn’t connect me to you. Anyway, they’re probably been ordered to search by the same person that attacked you, what do you think?”

“I wouldn’t discard that possibility, but I don’t think it’s the case, but now we don’t have the time to think about it, we need to get moving or else they’ll catch up and then we’ll have problems, tsk, if I wasn’t so exhausted from that attack I would rub the plains with their faces”

So, if we stay here for too long it’ll be problematic, I get it, but can we really escape from a military force that is searching specifically for us?

Amity, who could only hear my thoughts if Zenshin relay them to her, began to walk in the direction of the village I’ve just passed by. Zenshin answer my doubts at the same time.

“Usually it would be like that, since it’s night time, but us three have some form of night vision, you two just woke up from a “resting” sleep and I’m a spirit, so we can walk in the night with no problems, but they don’t have those advantages, they’re probably exhausted and, as you can see, they need torches or magic to see in the dark, we can easily cover more ground if we travel during the night and rest during the day, it won’t impact us but it will cause a great drop on their morale”

Oh, I understand it, but why are we going this way? Couldn’t we move in another direction? Like…to those mountains there?

I point my arm to a mountain range I see in the distance. Amity is the one who answers now.

“We can’t go there, cutie, if I had all my power and my broom we could, but if we go there right now…”

Amity takes me to her face, making a face one does when looking at a puppy, I must say, it’s weird being on the receiving end of that face.

“All of the big bad wyverns will kill us and eat us like we were little snacks, get it?”

She is even doing the voice, am I that cute? I might be? But even so, it’s just weird being the pet, ok? I am not comfortable with this, but I guess I don’t have a choice, I can even become a rabbit!

“Oh, you better not tell Amity that part, I have not transmitted your last thought to her, or else she will lose her mind over it”

But didn’t she already see my status?

“Yes, but we only saw you got some unique skill called [True Mimic], we did not see what you could turn into with that skill”

I guess only I can see the registry? Oh I’m taking too long to answer her, I better nod before…too late.

“You didn’t get it. no problemo little gecko, miss Amity is here to explain it to you! But as we walk, I’m not dumb enough to stop here to explain things, if we did that we would be surrounded by soldiers in no time!”

There she goes with her exaggerated movements. She’s basically throwing her free hand around while she keeps me near her face. on the bright side, I don’t have to walk, on the bad side, I feel like a house cat.

“Let me begin telling how dangerous are wyverns, well, true, they’re not the strongest monster out there, but the problem is they have so many different races that it’s a waste of efforts to number them, you can still catalogue them, don’t get me wrong, but give up on trying to count. Anywuayyyy, if we go to the mountains right now it’ll take around 6 days to reach it, but it’s 6 days without anywhere to stop and get supplies, so when we get there, we would be sooooo weak an animal could kill us, but that’s not the worst part, no no, that mountain range is infested with wyverns, I am not sure, but what I remember is that a long time ago a tamer died there, and his two tamed wyverns became free, and nature followed its course and now that mountain is overrun with wyverns, but that’s just what I’ve heard, it’s not like I was there hehe”

That laugh at the end sounds suspicious, but I guess she will play dumb even if I ask her, so I think it’s better if I don’t ask, maybe I’ll ask her or Zenshin at another time.

“And are wyverns stronger than animals? It’s the same answer for the question: is the earth bigger than humans? So what will happen if we go there, be too weak to fight even animals, encounter a wyvern? The answer? Snack time! Did you understand it now? Little gecko?”

I nod.

“That’s good! Now let’s proceed, I saw a village that way before I got knocked unconscious”

Well, I guess I’ll be going back to that battlefield and the rabbit’s corpses I’ve left behind, at least I won’t be alone with my thoughts there, I probably wouldn’t be able to escape the spiral my mind would go on.

…. Wait! Did she just call me Little gecko?!

33