Extra Chapter 4: Fortune Telling
298 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dhan'Ra, a human woman with white skin and golden hair, poured two cups of tea and placed them on her table facing each other. Despite being blind she gracefully prepared a few food items and placed them between the cups of tea, in the middle of the table.

"The screams began two minutes ago, he'll be here shortly" She said as she heard the screams outside of her carriage moving away from where she was located.

She placed a bowl on the table and moved to open a cabinet. Inside of it there were three vials with different liquids inside each one and some strings. She picked everything from the cabinet and went back to the table, opening one of the vials she poured the contents inside the bowl. It was a brown viscous liquid that had a faint magical signature.

Picking up another, smaller, bowl she poured the contents of the two other vials and with a wooden spoon,  she gently mixed the colorless liquid before dumping it in the first bowl, mixing it again.

The colorless liquid mixed with the viscous liquid turned pink for a second before returning into a brown color. The colorless liquid had completely disappeared from the bowl and inky the brown viscous liquid had remained. Sensing that the mixing had already finished, Dhan'Ra picked the bowl and the strings and hung it on the ceiling of her carriage and pulled a string from the bowl to the door, tying it to the doorknob.

She returned to the table and sat facing the door for a few seconds before moving her hand to grab one of the food items. She suddenly stopped herself and pulled her hand back and stayed in a waiting position for a couple of seconds before the door of her carriage suddenly burst open by something moving at high speeds.

As if she anticipated the movements of the being who invaded her house and place of work, the string attached to the doorknob pulled the bowl hanging on the ceiling with the same speed as the door was opened, throwing its contents right below it, where the being who entered her carriage was moving through to kill her.

The creature looked like a male human that was being transformed into something else, the only clothes he was wearing were a set of black pants and nothing else. In the middle of his chest there was a black mark where his heart was supposed to be and it was spreading to the rest of his body like a parasite. His eyes were filled with pain and anger as he moved to kill his next prey, totally unaware of a falling liquid coming straight for his head.

The liquid hit him right in the face and scattered, hitting him more than the floor. He immediately collapsed onto the floor, almost hitting his head in the empty chair in front of him. 

Dhan'Ra stood there looking at the thing on her floor like she knew what it would do, and in fact, she knew exactly what it would do ever since she arrived in the town two weeks prior. She took a sip of her tea before speaking.

"For how long are you planning to stay on the floor? We have business to make" She spoke calmly.

The creature groaned and got up using the empty chair as leverage before sitting on it and being face to face with the blind woman.

"W-what did you do to me? All I remember is pain and a soul crushing rage" the creature, or actually the former human inside the creature spoke.

"Satyr sweat and Mocomoco saliva are great aphrodisiacs, but when mixed they become a powerful sedative. Infused with the ability of the Tenarok tree sap of borrowing into things that have their mana destabilized and are throwing magicules everywhere and you create a potion capable of stopping raging creatures like yourself" She calmly explained.

The former human listened to her explanation and looked around, noticing the bowl hanging on the ceiling and the string attached to the doorknob.

"You knew I was coming here?" He said, confused but certainly that was the answer after he observed the simple trap that wouldn't work in any circumstance other than entering at full speed.

"They wouldn't call me Madam Dhan'Ra the Fortune Teller if I didn't. Now, I have some tea prepared for you, and if you like something other than people's blood I also have some snacks and sweets" She calmly told him.

The former human looked appalled that a famous fortune teller would be in the small city he was located in and that she probably came here because of him. He knew that Madam Dhan'Ra did not just randomly travel, every city and village she visited she was looking for someone that had a lot of temporal energy converging, in other words, she traveled looking for those who would have big futures, be those futures good or bad. She also did fortune telling for the random people in the places she visited and she was famous because she was the most precise fortune teller alive.

"Now, let's start. Would you please open the third cabinet from the door on the right?" She asked him as she picked one of the sweets she prepared on the table.

He got up and went to the third cabinet. He didn't understand exactly what was happening, the only thing he knew was that he was participating in a ritual to be reborn as something greater than his human self and after immeasurable pain and anger he was here with Madam Dhan'Ra. He opened the third cabinet and inside of it there were five sets of cards with a little number on each of them.

"Please bring me the numbers 3 and 5" She instructed him and he complied.

After receiving the two sets of cards and the guy in front of her returning to his seat, she started to shuffle the cards together and as she did that she asked him.

"I still haven't asked your name" She said.

“It was Tamada, but I abandoned that name when I began my ascension” He told her.

“Ascension, huh? I don’t feel a divine aura around you as like other gods” She spoke as she drew three cards from the deck and placed them on the table upside down.

“No, not that kind of ascension” he said. “I am becoming something else, greater than my old human self” he answered honestly.

Dhan’Ra nodded and turned the cards, revealing them to him. A few seconds of awkward silence ensued as the fortune teller kept staring at him and he continuously looked at the cards and then at her and then back at the cards. This continued for some time before he took the initiative and asked.

“Should something happen?” He asked her with confusion in his eyes.

“Yes, actually” She answered. “You need to tell me which cards i’ve drawn, as I’m completely blind and can’t see them” She explained.

“Oh… right. You’ve drawn an inverted hourglass, a constellation and seven rings that are inside of each other” he told her what cards she drew from the fortune telling deck.

She nodded and began explaining.

“The inverted hourglass indicates that this happened in the past. The seven rings is also known as the “Seven Lies” and together with the constellation means that something not from this world lied to you in the past” she said and before he could say anything her hands began to move again, shuffling the cards and drawing three more cards.

“This time you’ve drawn the cards of Theo and Zwriniz, together with a spinning wheel” he told her.

“The spinning wheel weaves fate, connecting objects or people throughout time. Theo and Zwriniz represent both space and time. This means that you’re connected with events that involve space and time” She explained and went back to shuffling and drew two cards, but before the person in front of her could describe them for her, she spoke.

“I’ve never felt this before. Could you please go back to the third cabinet and pick the first card on the deck 1, please?” She asked.

He did as he was told and got up, going back to the cabinet and picking the first card on the deck of cards that had the number “1” on them and placed it on the table, before sitting back again and explaining the cards to Dhan’Ra.

“This time is a dragon, a mirror and the card you asked me to bring back, I can’t describe it to you in any other form but a blob of paint of myriad colors” He explained.

“The dragon can represent a real dragon or can represent a powerful foe. The mirror can represent a trick, or a duplicate. And the last one, it represents uncertainty and the impossibility of prediction. I cannot read this set of cards beyond what I’ve said to you” She explained.

“I… See” He replied.

“Tea?” she offered him the cup of tea that was in front of him that he still hadn’t touched.

He looked at the tea and the snacks and after a sigh he accepted both.

7