Chapter 51: Is This World Full of Crazy People?
311 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey guys, I'm here to announce a little side project I've made in this last week. It's a novel about being reincarnated as a dungeon, because I'm kinda hyped for dungeon stories... Anyway, my focus will still be on this one as that one will be just a fun project I do while I can't write this novel. It has the same worlds as this novel, meaning that the Earth both main characters came from are the same, and the world where they end up are the same as well (not totally true on the dungeon side as he was kinda pushed back towards Earth)

Anyway, if any of you are interested, here's the link to the novel page: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/498154/nonisekaied-dungeon/

Celeber almost put me on the ground to run towards Alexsander, but he sat up about two seconds after he fell down.

“Oh, wow. man, I wasn’t expecting this flood of information, it hit me like a boulder from a student who can’t control his magic” He laughed. “I laugh, but it got me in a bed for days, it still hurts a little”

The headache I got from the crystal was slowly dying. I managed to stand up on my own, even though I still felt like the room was tilting a few degrees.

“So, what does it say?” I asked.

“Well, first things first. The divinity inside you, it’s actually two divine powers and something else that I don’t know what it is, looks like something from the Void, but I’m not sure as I’ve never encountered anything from the Void, only read about” He explained. “The two divinities inside you are from Life and Death, which is odd considering the Greater Gods haven’t interfered with mortals for the past millennia. Do you really don’t know who or from what they are?”

I shook my head. I haven’t actually met a god in person… or at least I don’t think so… Maybe that weird black lion from that weird timeless place? But unless he was an omnipotent god, wouldn’t he be the god of time? Sincerely I don’t know, better not to think about stuff I don't know a thing about.

“Maybe they explain the other stuff, though. You see, as I said earlier the most affinities ever recorded for beastmen was 12,5% from the default value, right? with the exception of three elements, you have 15% affinity with every single element recorded. I don’t even know how you are still awake after trying to process this much information, even I got kicked by it as I didn’t expect it to be this much” He said and looked at me, but I only shrugged in response. “Anyway…Even after having 15% on almost all affinities, you had to kick the record on affinities one more time, didn’t you? You have a 29% affinity towards fire, though it does seem a little artificial, something akin to how a monster affinity raises after an evolution. And, making me reconsider all the things I thought I knew about magic and affinities until now, you have…”

Alexsander took a deep breath and mumbled.

“How do I say this without looking like I’m reanimating the body of my teachers for them to dance on their own grave? Even just saying the values is like I’m punching all the years I’ve spent in the academy in the face… I guess I’ll just-”

“Oh my Gods, uncle. Just say it” Celeber interrupted him.

“Fine, fine, fine, don’t tell me it’s ridiculous after, then. Boy, your two strongest affinities are Space and Time, and they hit the 85% mark, maybe a little more or a little less, there’s a margin of error for anything above 20%” He said, but all he got from the three of us were ‘Huh’s and nods.

“Do you guys comprehend the magnitude this is? even with three divine powers on you amplifying your affinities skyhigh, they shouldn’t be above 50%. We are talking about reaching into the realm of dragons, spirits and other powerful magical creatures!” Alexsander said excitedly.

I looked over at Celeber, embarrassed as he was clearly shocked and excited to find a beastman that has the same kind of power dragons have… except I'm a dragon and not really a beastmen.

"So… uncle, what do you think about leaving this between us?" She said.

"What? Are you crazy? This breaks so many established rules of magic. Denaru, you have to let the Magic Institute of Research and Development Namory study your case" he said.

"I… I don't think this is a great idea, really" I said.

"Why not? They would pay you for your time, you would leave the Institute a rich man" he almost pleaded.

"Uncle… changing the subject, the administrative sector from the Guild Society does money exchange, doesn't it?" Celeber said, trying to change the subject.

"This could represent a new page on magical knowledge.no longer would the dragons be creatures of mystery as the agreed magical theory will be rewritten to account for their nonsense!" Alexsander said.

"Nonsense?" I asked.

"Uncle……" Celeber looked at him, defeated.

"Yes, nonsense! If you take your time to look at every historical record about dragons, the first thing you'll notice is that their initial stage of life is akin to a mass produced toy. No, really, look it up, every single white dragon has the same appearance, it doesn't matter what kind of subspecies the parents are, they'll be exactly identical to one another" he began his rant.

"That… actually explains some things" I said.

If what I understood until now is true, then the reason why I felt so disconnected from reality after I was reincarnated was because my soul was already molded by my original body and then put into another body that didn't allow changes to accommodate my soul, making the connection between the two very loose.

"Then you have the sheer quantity of subspecies of dragons. No, really, just try to count them and you'll spend the rest of the year counting them. Their hierarchy is full of bs too, like, why is a cloud dragon higher than a sound dragon? Who came with this hierarchy? A bunch of slime brains?" He continued.

I just stood there, looking at him without really doing anything. Celeber kept trying to catch his attention while looking uncomfortably between me and Alexsander.

"Uncle… I don't think it's a good idea to talk shit about dragons" She said.

"Bullshit, there are no dragons around here except those two drakes in the forest" He said, making Celeber look at me with a helpless face.

"Now, you know I like super spicy food, right?" Alexsander asked Celeber.

"Uncle, please, don't talk about that again" She answered.

"You know, riiight?" He asked again.

"Sigh. Yes, uncle, I know" She gave up and answered.

"Yes, you know. Do you know what is the worst part? It destroys back there, it feels like someone is casting a [Heat Ray] on your back parts. Do you know what drives me crazy? Dragons don't need to worry about it, at all. Every living thing with bodies made out of normal matter needs to expel the unused food mass, their bodies use everything they eat. They don't shit! Do you know how mad that makes me? I have to spend hours sometimes in the bathroom!" He ranted.

"I don't what?" I said, confused.

"Uncle! Too much information!" Celeber shouted.

"Not you, boy, those damn dragons" he said to me, before turning to Celeber. "It is not too much information! Too much information would be if I talked about how last new year festival the food your mother made for me made me spend the entire week in the bathroom! I'm not joking, I have spent hours and hours in that place!" He shouted back

"You just did!" Celeber said.

I turned to Jana, but she just shrugged and pointed towards the door. I nodded and we both walked out of the two who were just shouting at each other.

The moment I passed through the door, another wave of dizziness hit me like a speeding car, but Jana caught me before my head could kiss the floor.

"It's the third time you almost fall to the floor. Are you alright?" She asked me.

"Yes, it's just some dizziness. It's already passing" I answered and got up on my feet with Jana's help.

"Your fur is really soft" She said, which caught me by complete surprise.

"Ahm…" I looked at my fur covered arm and then at Jana. "Thanks… I guess?"

Jana was about to say something, but was interrupted by Joh'ner coming over.

"Yo, dragon boy, human lady. Ya done with the affinity check?" He asked and I nodded. "Good. We thought you didn't even start it yet 'cause of the fighting we're hearing from over there" Joh'ner waved his hand to the direction of the door. The shouting match behind them continued with full force and we could clearly hear what those two were shouting at each other.

"We were gonna see the dungeon delvers. Wanna come? They won't gonna end this too soon, so you might as well enjoy the visit to the city while you can, ye?" He said.

"Dungeon?" I said as flashes of memories from the original owner of the body I was now transformed into came and went through my mind.

“Ya. This city was built around a dungeon. So they use it to kill some monsters and get the loot and export it” He said.

“How so?” Jana asked.

“Yah know. Dungeon loot is one of the most renewable resources that can exist as it will always reappear as long as the dungeon lives. A dungeon dweller’s job is to dive into the dungeon, kill the dungeon monsters and bring back loot” Joh’ner answered. “Let’s go met the others, those two will stay like this for a few hours”

We walked towards the others and met in the front of the place.

“Yo, the two agreed to watch the delvers” Joh’ner said.

“Haven’t all of you forgotten about something?” Eugeo said.

We looked at one another but shrugged, not understanding what he was talking about.

“Are you really going to walk around in clothes two sizes too big for you?” He said to me.

“Oh…yeah, right” I answered.

Sigh. At least there’s a cloth store in the path towards the dungeon. Let’s go” He said as everyone began to walk.

9