Chapter 69: Liquid Mana
122 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world around me was an infinite rainbow with infinite colors, and all of them brought an immeasurable pain that made any other type of pain feel like a grain of sand compared to the size of a galaxy. I felt my body burning from the inside out as well as being torn apart down to the molecular scale. The pain was actually comparable to one I felt already, even though I wasn't completely awake at the moment, the pain that made me feel like my soul was being grinded to nothing between my death and reincarnation in this world was almost exactly like the pain I was feeling at the moment, even if the nature of the pain was different, one grinding my soul to nothing and the other blending my soul and body and filling them until they exploded, the pain was equal.

The dungeon's avatar had said to me to not think about anything, but how could I? The only thing I could bring my mind to do was blank out in the face of that world ending pain.

[Pain is the feeling of extreme discomfort caused by illness or injury. Physical suffering]

The sudden intrusion of [Knowledge Library] brought a small part of my mind back to focus, or should I say, brought one line of thought from [Parallel Processing] back to focus. When that single line of thought cleared up, I managed to see that it wasn’t my body that was being affected, it somehow affected even my skills and they were all activating at the same time.

Any damage to my body caused [Regeneration] and [Automatic HP Recovery] to enter in overdrive and healed it back up, even my chopped off hand was healed back to normal. Though, with the exception being [Regeneration], all of my extra skills weren't being affected for some reason. All of my other skills were being affected one way or another.

My body felt cold and hot at the same time as [True Mimic] was constantly active and trying to shapeshift me to something else only to reverse the process and maintain my normal dragon body. Time seemed to be in flux as [Thought Acceleration] was having bursts of acceleration beyond what it normally did. Information crammed my mind as every single magicule in front of me was being analyzed.

Seeing my skills being forcefully activated sparked a thought in my head. If I was submerged in an absurd quantity of magicules, and they were forcing their way inside me anyway, all I needed to do was to use it all up with magic. The moment I thought about using [Fireball] to consume all the magicules around me, they all detonated at the same time, as if someone had cast the explosive version of [Fireball] I normally think of, the pressure wave it generated was enough for me to almost pass out as it broke almost all the bones on my body, but before I could fall to the ground [Regeneration] and [Automatic HP Recovery] had already healed all the injuries I had sustained.

The room was a blazing inferno for the next seconds, in my perspective of time that is, as [Thought Acceleration] was still active.

At that moment I understood why the dungeon's avatar said to not think about anything and what [Knowledge Library] meant by "triggering a primal expression of magic". As both [Magicule Detection] and [Magicule Manipulation] were both forcefully activated and kicked into overdrive, I managed to sense my thoughts emanating as a wave from myself and into the liquid magicule, and it triggered a more chaotic and weaker version of the [Fireball] spell I use, weaker as in, there's way less heat being generated but it has a lot more of an impact than my spell.

I had to do something to use the magicules, but trying to do something without actually thinking about it was easier said than done. To use my magic skills like I just had I needed to think about it, and to draw a magic circuit in the air like the ice spells I was using I needed to concentrate on them.

It took that small thought about my ice spells to freeze everything around me, including myself, in a gigantic block of magical ice. The low temperature of the ice hit me like sharp needles being forced into my scales. I could tell my body couldn't resist inside the magical ice, as it was stealing the heat from me. Each moment the pain increased as my scales cooled down and each layer after them also started to cool down.

Beginning to feel desperate an idea came into my mind, my breath attack. It was the only thing that used a lot of magicules, so much that I needed to recharge something akin to a capacitor before firing it off, and I didn't need to concentrate or put a lot of thought into it, I just needed to keep the magicules running. It proved to be the right idea as the magicules reacted to the thought, the magical ice melted and turned into a raging plasma inferno, heating my body again, and if it weren't for the soul breaking pain I was still feeling from the amount of magicules in the room I could casually sleep in the floor as the high temperature didn't affect me at all.

Without wasting a moment more to avoid any stray thought to form, I willed my magicules to move, but the moment I did it I regretted immensely. All the magicules around me trying to enter my body by sheer pressure connected with my mental control of my own magicules and forced its way even more inside my body, making my mind become blank from the pain, and as I tried to use my breath attack before losing control of the magicule flow, that was what happened.

Superheated plasma spilled out of my mouth from all sides as it flowed between my teeth as it forced my mouth open and turned into a white beam of pure heat that burned anything that it touched.

The dungeon’s avatar had said to me to not think about anything, and I was doing exactly that, but not because I wanted to, no. My mind was totally blank as the magicules around me forced their way inside my body and soul. It felt like my soul was being dragged through the rough asphalt at a speed close to the speed of light and then blended with every kind of sharp object ever that has ever existed.

Soon I felt my breath attack running out of mana to give it its plasma aspect, but the magicules showed no sign of stopping. Eventually whatever capacitor-like organ stored mana to fuel my breath attack gave up and it felt like there was sandpaper being dragged upwards inside my throat.

I was barely conscious at the moment, barely enough to notice the plasma beam coming out of my mouth slowly stopping and another kind of energy accumulating on my mouth. Soon a blue and green energy beam shot out of my mouth and hit the air in front of me like it was solid. Time seemed to stretch towards infinity as I felt my soul being assaulted by the torrents of magicules forcefully making their way inside me before being forced out by my breath attack into a coalesce of blue and green energy that connected to some kind of invisible wall a small distance in front of me, and that wall was starting to give in.

The light coming from behind whatever the energy beam was hitting started to distort as if the very fabric of space was starting to buckle under the pressure of the energy beam I was forcefully releasing. Then I felt something crack and I lost consciousness for a few moments from the immense pain I felt when whatever it was cracked and when my consciousness returned I heard another crack but this time it wasn't deep inside me like the other thing that cracked, this time it was right in front of me.

Space in front of me cracked like a mirror before shattering like broken glass, revealing a black nothing inside of the hole in the fabric of space, with the exception being the energy beam I was still being forced to release, I noticed it had grown even stronger now, with the shades of green and blue more solid and darker. The energy beam flooded into the hole in space like a waterfall after the rain.

I had already used more than half of the liquid magicules in the room, but as my mind was being accelerated continuously there was no end in sight. All the magicules in the room were flowing inside me, even ignoring the glaring hole to the void next to me, and wreaking havoc on my body and my soul. The pain was so much I was starting to wish my consciousness simply vanished.

Slowly, my mind really started to fade away as the stream of endless magicules washed over and inside me like a supernova explosion happening repeatedly. Everything was starting to become dark, and in that state I felt two presences. One of the presences was one I could recognize as Vida, the woman who said was the goddess of life, and I could feel some sadness emanating from her but at the same time I could feel how she understood my choices. The other presence I didn’t know who or what it was, but I could feel how it was waiting for me in the end of this dark tunnel I was in. Both presences were opposites to one another, like darkness and light, heat and cold, or in the case that makes more sense, life and death, as Vida proclaimed herself to be the goddess or life it would make sense for the other presence I could feel that was in the opposite direction of life to be death.

I was moving towards the cold embrace of death as it patiently awaited for me, but when I was at the cusp of finally letting go of everything, I remembered the face of my mother. They say that when you’re dying, you relieve all of your memories as some kind of film. My memory of when I got extremely sick during my tenth birthday party passed in front of my eyes and the face my mother and father made to me came to my mind clear as day. It was a face of worry and determination that I would get better soon, and I did. I will never forget the face my parents made when I woke up a week later without any sickness, even the doctors became confused and called it a miracle recovery, it was an expression of pure love and relief.

I stopped before the abyss that was death. I couldn’t let my mother worry about me any more than I already let her, I needed to return home and show her I was fine, that I wasn’t dead. With renewed determination, I turned around and ran towards the side I felt Vida’s presence and as I approached I felt Vida’s presence smile at me as everything started to come back from the darkness of death that threatened to consume everything.

My mind came crashing down into my body as if suddenly awakened from some kind of sleep. The first thing I saw was the rupture in space in front of me, right before plasma covered my vision. My body was starting to break down with the immense magical pressure it was being put through and was literally breaking apart right in front of my eyes. The pain sensation I was feeling was still there, but was numbed for some reason, but I knew it wouldn’t be numbed for too much as the sensation was starting to come back to me.

I needed to end this fast or else I could end up in the same situation I was just now, and I wasn’t confident enough to come back from a second dance with death. I concentrated on the flow of magicules inside me and forcefully took control of it, it wasn’t easy, kind of like trying to divert the flow of a river using only straws, but I poured everything I had into those straws and diverted the flow slightly to where I could feel wouldn’t cause so much damage and pain to me as it was causing. I couldn’t completely stop the flow, no, that would be like trying to hold the entire ocean using a single plastic cup.

The blue and green energy beam became stronger after I took control of the magicule flow and I could swear the two energies fused together into one, but I guess that was just some kind of hallucination or it could be that one of my eyes just exploded from the pressure, I couldn’t be certain of what happened. The only thing I could be certain of was that after I took control of the magicule flow, it became stronger and faster than it was and whatever quantity was left was swept with everything else in a final outburst of energy.

After exhausting all the energy making it keep firing, my breath attack finally ended and I fell down to the ground. The hole in space right in front of me closed faster than it was opened after the energy beam keeping it open had run dry, leaving only a few sparks of energy in its place.

But even after all that liquid magicule was disposed of, I still wasn’t safe as my body was still breaking down right in front of me, and it was at that moment that the sensations returned to my body and I felt my entire body being torn apart from the inside out by some leftover energy, and differently from the magicule flow, I couldn’t just will my body to stay together at all.

“The innate magical nature of dragon bodies is what causing your body to disintegrate” The dungeon’s avatar said after appearing right in front of my remaining eye. “It’s the same thing that happens when you put hot liquid inside a cold glass cup. You need to shapeshift into something that has a lower magical nature”

I couldn’t speak, my throat felt like it was burnt by a raging sun after it was hit by a black hole, and trying to move caused more and more parts of my body to break. I wouldn’t survive much in this situation, I could only follow what the dungeon’s avatar was saying. With pure willforce that was left in me I activated [True Mimic] and passed out.

4