Chapter L 1: A Normal School Day?
1.3k 14 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[31, July, 2020]

“So, what did you do today, Mark?”

I ask my friend, Marcos, over Discord. It was our last day of vacations, we had to enjoy it to the very last second.

“Oh, you know, the usual, I've been grinding a lot on Elite Dangerous, I need to buy that capital ship, you know? What about you?”

“I finally finished binge watching all of those isekai animes, all of marvel and DC movies and animation, and finally found a group to play D&D with”

“You do love those RPG stuff, don't you, Leo?”

“What can I say? I'm a nerd on those things, just as you are with your cyberpunk and sci-fi stuff"

“hehe”

“So, hey, I heard you passed out a week ago, what happened?”

“Well, it was nothing really, but if you want to know, Alex fell off his bike and broke her arm...”

“Wait, Alex broke her arm? Why do I only know about this now?”

“You know her, that's nothing to her, the reason I know was because I was there and saw everything, and, you know, her arm was bleeding, like, a lot, I saw it and before I know, I was in my house and Alex was on the hospital”

“Now that you said it, it makes sense why she only texted me, but still, she should have told me she broke her arm!”

“Relax, it was nothing, tomorrow she'll get out of the hospital and act like nothing happened”

“Yeah, you're right. See you tomorrow?”

“Of course! I’ll be grinding all night so the next time you see me I'll be rich"

“Don't wake up late, see ya"

I disconnect from voice chat and lay on my bed, it was already 10 PM. I grab my phone and text Alex.

-Hey, I heard you broke your arm, is that right?

Under two minutes she texts me back.

-Yeah, it was nothing, just one more broken bone to my collection

-I don't think that's healthy, this is like, what? The sixth time you broke a bone?

-what? Nooo, this isn't the sixth time, dude, are you high? This is my ninth XD

-.......Just get better soon

-Don't worry, I’ll be discharged tomorrow, I'll be in the class just in time for it to start. Oh, by the way, I talked to Marcos today, I think he totally forgot what day is today

-We just spoke, and I'm certainly he forgot what day is today, he said he'll be all night playing

-No way! Hahahahahaha, I bet he'll get late for class, I won't bet hell miss it because you know how his mother is

-I'm sure he'll get just in time for the geography class

-ohhhh, just in time to the teacher tear him a new one hahaha

-It's getting late I'll sleep and tomorrow I'll show something I bought

-Oh? What is it?

-You'll have to wait to see it XD

-You're so evil! But okay, see you tomorrow

I put my phone to charge and go to sleep.

[1, August, 2020]

I wake up super early in the morning to prepare myself, take shower, eat, those stuff.

After finishing my preparations, I grab my backpack and go to school, is relatively close by, so I can just walk there.

In 20 minutes I'm already sitting at my desk, Alex didn't take too long too, as she just arrived and sit next to me.

“So, what was that you wanted to show me?”

“So, you know I went camping with my father during our vacations, don't you?”

“Of course, Marcos and I only talked about it for like, 5 days”

“You also know I can’t live without my phone, right?”

“Duh, I think you might forget your head but not your phone”

“So, what did you think I bought?”

“No way"

“Yeap"

I grab it from my backpack and put it on top of my desk.

“I present you, a solar charger, this bad boy can charge my cellphone 7 times in a row when fully charged”

“Dude, that's awesome, don't worry though, if Juan even think about breaking it I'll break him”

“Oh, don't worry too much about it, it's reinforced, I accidentally let if fall from a 50 meters cliff"

I said the last part a little embarrassed.

“And you said I break myself too much"

“Hey! If I break things it just cost money to replace them, but if you break something it'll take time to heal, and it might not even heal properly”

“Say that to my physician, the guy is almost writing a book about me"

I look at her doubting her words. As I was about to comment the professor opened the door and walked in.

“Hey, Leo, wasn't supposed to be the class of professor Vinicius right now? What is he doing here now?”

The professor who entered our classroom was Ricardo, our biology professor, one of the most hated professors.

“Good morning students, professor Vinicius couldn't get here in time because of some personal problems, so today me and him are going to exchange classes, I'll have the first class and he'll get the second class today. Now, everybody paying attention, I'll start class just as I finish our roll call”

And with that, he started the class. It didn't take long for everyone be on some scale of dying, I myself am almost sleeping on my desk, Alex didn't had the willpowerto resist, she's sound asleep.

The class finally ended, it was the most boring 50 minutes of my life, I could feel my life force being drained from me. Professor Vinicius finally entered our classroom, just to see 21 students on different scales of sleeping.

“I'm sorry, I'm late. I hope it wasn't it wasn't a nuisance for you, Mr. Ricardo “

“Nonsense, it was a pleasure to substitute you for today's class, Mr. Vinicius, it was one of the best classes I had this week"

“Is the class over yet?”

Alex finally woke up.

“Yes, but now Ricardo and Vinicius are talking”

“Did Marcos arrive?”

“Not yet"

“Huurgh, kill me"

Just as she said it, the whole floor shine in light, everybody got scared and confused, myself included.

“I said it jokingly, I didn't want to really die!”

“What's happening, Alex?”

“I don't know! But stay calm, okay?”

She says as she grab me by the shoulders, to try calming me, but it wasn't working.

“Everyone, please remain calm, this is probably some kind of….”

The ground exploded in light, cutting Mr. Vinicius words in half, everything I could hear now was some form of buzzing. I can feel something around me, like a bubble, but I can't touch it.

Just as it started, it ended. All the light simple vanished to nothingness and nothing changed?

“There's something wrong, the summoning should only bring 3 people at most"

A voice I never heard came from behind me, I turn around and see a woman in some form of religious clothing and the place where there should be a wall, there was nothing.

"And it shouldn't be able to summon objects, what's is happening?”

The woman spoke, looking around I saw more people, all of them were using an overcoat with marks all around them, I can't see their faces, but they all look tired.

“Excuse me, who are you? And where are we?”

Mr. Ricardo asked the woman. The students are all murmuring among themselves.

I quickly grab my stuff, Alex does the same.

“Be prepared to run”

She quietly murmurs to me, I simply nod as a response.

“I’m the high priestress Avorá, from the temple of Theo, the God of Space, but we don’t have time for presentations, right now this place is a target for the Holy Light’s army, if we don’t evacuate right now we will be dead before you can even understand what happened”

This time is Mr. Vinicius’s time to intervene.

“Excuse us, but we’re not going anywhere until you explain everything”

“I don’t have time for this, you’ll have to forgive me later. [Summoner’s Chain]”

She extends her hand and a circle with weird letters and symbols appeared in front of her hand as if was magic.

White chains dashed out of that circle with an incredible speed, it wraps itself on everyone before we could even react and disappears into nothingness.

“What was that?!”

Mr. Vinicius shouts.

“A command chain developed to make summoned people obey, I didn’t want to use it, but we simply don’t have the time. Now, everyone, follow me and don’t do anything else”

She says and begins to wak away.

Whatever, I’ll go in the other direction, who am I to follow some creepy woman that can shoot chains? Well, I guess we could count this as a isekai type of thing, but, really? Isekai? Are we in those kinds of novels? This is real life, there’s no way that could be true.

My body starts walking on its own, and it’s towards the woman, I can’t stop, and I can’t do anything else either, I can’t even speak! What’s happening?

Everyone in my field of vision is currently walking to the woman in a straight line, is this a weird dream?! Did I sleep on class?! What the heck?

**********

With that, 21 students and 2 professors walked by the command of a strange woman towards the unknown, I couldn’t even imagine the things that would happen after that

35