Chapter 11: Small Hero?
1k 11 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey guys,

I just want to say i'm sorry i'm late, this chapter was supposed to be posted last week, but i effed my schedule and got lost on cyberpunk 2077, i hope you all can forgive me ;-;

Dragging the girl back to the cave was difficult, I didn’t know if the person who attacked her was still around and I was preoccupied by something else, the results of [Appraisal].

[$%!@#: @#$”¨*$%#@!¨

@#$!$: @#$!

@#£¥: ₩¥€&#$!

------------------------------------

Status: Magicule Deficit (Purification)

#%!: @$€!%#

!^#: &@!¥₩

%#&: @^$&!€£ ^#!#$^

------------------------------------

!#@@$%:

!@#!$!

!@#%%*

!@#%¨!!@#$

!@%$¨*@!@#!]

Yeah, pretty much gibberish, the only thing I could read was her Status, and I think Magicule Deficit is not good, and for safety I’ll ask [Knowledge Library].

[Magicule Deficit is a status condition when a Magic-Being has less magicules than necessary to have normal bodily functions. The Magic-Being will stay in a coma like state and if their magicules do not increase past a certain percentage, it will die]

Oh, oh, that’s DEFINETLY not good, I need to do something, I just can’t let this girl die. But how do I help her? Is there any way to increase her magicules?

[Answer: A Magic-Being can transfer his own magicules to a target. Similarly, a magic crystal can be used to for the magicule transfer]

So, there’s a way to save her, but I need to somehow transfer those so called “magicules” to her, maybe that’s what those two skills really are? I wanted to know what [Magicule Detection] and [Magicule Manipulation] were, and I guess I’ll need to learn on the spot, if I don’t want to have her die right now…..but what do I do? I don’t think it’s as easy as to try activating it, like [Appraisal] or [True Mimic]……wait, what if it IS that easy? Doesn’t matter, I need to help her now.

And with that I tried activating [Magicule Manipulation]

…Nothing happened, maybe that’s not how it’s used? Maybe there’s more steps before activating it? Wait, it may be exactly that, if I learned anything with my 5000+ hours of Sci-Fi games is that somethings need to be active before I try to use another thing, maybe the other skill with magicule on the name? Let’s try it.

The next moment was like someone has taken a blindfold off my eyes and I was seeing for the first time ever, I can’t describe what I was seeing, it’s like everything is more vivid more energetic, I could even see colors that I have never saw before.

Recovering myself from the shock that is this new vision of the world I take a look at the girl. She looks almost the same, but I can see there’s lines going around her body, they’re faded, and they all connect on her chest, maybe it’s the place I need to put magicules?

I look at myself, I can see those lines all around my own body too, but it’s not faded like the girl’s.

Ok, I now can see what I think are the so called magicules, but I still don’t know how I can help her, maybe now I need to activate the other skill? Ok, let me try.

I activate the skill, but again, nothing really feels different.

I really don’t know what to do, urgh why is this so difficult? Why this can’t be more like a game? There’re already skills and such, why not “press X to manipulate magicules”? I’m not familiar with fantasy stuff, the one who is familiar is Leo, the guy read like 50 books a week.

“They’re not books, Marcos, they’re called Novels”

A memory of Leo correcting me about something flashes through my head.

Wait, didn’t he said something about magic on fantasy worlds? Let me think a bit.

“Hey, Marcos, check this new novel I’m reading out, it’s about a guy who is stabbed on the street, dies, and get reincarnated in another world as a slime, the weakest monster there is”

“I’m reading this novel about a girl who is killed together with her entire class and she end up reincarnated as a spider monster”

“So, I started reading this manga about a guy who ends up reincarnated as a, wait for it, A SWORD!”

Yeah, he really liked “reincarnation on another world” stuff, but none of these things help me, urgh, what a pain, I know he said something about magic to me.

“So, in that world the main protagonist can use magic, but you know, he really didn’t know how to use it, so he spent a lot of time trying to do magic, just to a magician show him that to do magic he just needed to imagine the desired effect and BAM magic”

I really hope this world is the same, or else she’ll die, and I’m not prepared to see someone die right in front of me knowing I could have something to help.

I put my two front legs on the girl’s chest and begin to imagine the lines the run through my body making their way to the center of her chest, right where her faded lines connect.

And to my surprise, they do exactly that, I see strings of light flowing from my paws to her chest, but it’s weirder than I thought, those strings feel like part of my own body and it’s kinda hard to control them, and it’s a little exhausting, not in a physical way, more like a mental exhaustion.

Slowly but surely the faded lines on the girl’s body begin to regain its color, but by the looks of things I’ll be too tired before she can regain consciousness.

It’s been a while since I started transferring magicules into the girl’s body, it’s getting hard to even think now, but I can’t give up now.

[Conditions satisfied, skill [Small Hero] unlocked]

What? H-how did I gain t-this skill?

[Answer: Skill [Small Hero] is available to whoever risk their lives to save another one]

S-so, someone really was t-trying to kill you. Gosh I’m too tired.

“You really overdid it this time, Amity”

The voice was inside my head, I moved my head to try to find the source of the voice in my head, maybe this doesn’t make sense? I don’t know, I’m too tired to think if this make sense or no.

A blue fox with seven tails behind it was sitting on the cave entrance, it gets up and started to move in our direction, I tried to get between the fox and the girl, but my mind was too tired to work properly.

“A white dragon? I suppose it was you who saved Amity, you have my thanks, but it looks like you used too much of your own magicules, if you keep this up you might die of Magicule exhaustion yourself, so, please, [Sleep]”

The voice was so sweet and comforting that my mind offered no resistance to the embrace of sleep.

39