Chapter 21: Time Magic Wasted on a Door?
777 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome back to the world of the awakened! Did you sleep well? And most importantly, how do I look?”

As soon I wake up Amity ask me some stuff I barely understood, I just wake up, don’t come talking to me unless you want me to not understand you!

Amity is right in front of me using… “new” clothes? She definitely wasn’t wearing those last time I saw her. If I were to guess what clothes she’s wearing right now, it would be your stereotypical farmer’s outfit. Really, I can’t describe it any better, there’s even some dirt on it!

In the corner of my vision I see a blue light beginning to form in the shape of a familiar seven-tailed fox, it’s Zenshin. I never saw how he enters or leaves my dreams, I guess that’s how.

“I am back, and……Amity, what is the meaning of this?”

“Oh, you mean my new look? It’s something I got for free, what do you think?”

She tried to make a few poses using that dirty clothes…yeah, if she was trying to be cute, it isn’t working.

Zenshin just stood there, silently judging Amity.

“Hey, don’t be mean. I worked hard to get those, ok? It was the last of the store!”

The judging continues.

“Stop with that mean look, it’s making me feel bad”

“Good, that means I’m doing a great job”

“H-How mean! You are hurting my feelings, you know?!”

I have no words. If this was Earth, I think she might had ended up on a psychiatric ward on a hospital. At least this little “show" successfully pulled my mind from what happened on that dream. I still need to digest everything, but it's not that crushing weight on top of my chest. I won't lie, it is still there, but it's not unbearable.

“Stop it, you know I can’t be seen in the city. They will lock us on the dungeons!”

“And you think that using this piece of garbage you're calling clothes will help? Must I remember you the failure your plan was back in Erinzos?”

“That only happened because I didn’t set up my status page properly!”

“And who's fault was that? Please remind me"

Urgh. Fine… It WAS my fault. There! Are you happy now?”

Amity crossed her arms and sat on the ground. Wait, when did we leave the church? I hadn't noticed we were back on that well from before.

"Indeed, I am, thank you”

Huff

Ok, I’m lost here. What is this all about?

“You see. Amity is wanted in a lot of kingdoms and countries, I’m not gonna say the reasons because we don’t have the time for it, just for you to know, it’s a lot, anyway, as I just said, she’s wanted in this kingdom we are right now, so if she shows up randomly in the city we’ll have to pass through, the guards will immediately try to arrest her and that would be a problem”

Why can’t we avoid the city? If we don’t show up there, the guards won’t come for us.

“It’s because…”

“Because we’re out of supplies! Even tho I “found” those right here, they’re not enough for our travel. Heck, we can’t even take this much with us, I am the only one of us who can hold stuff with my hands, because I’m the only one who has hands, and we’re going to need to walk there”

“What she said”

Oh, that reminds me, there’s a broken(?) wagon nearby.

“A wagon?”

“A wagon?”

The two of them asked in unison.

“Little gecko, just a question. Where did you find the wagon and what do you mean by “broken(?)”?”

Well, I was following some footprints to the road and I found a tumbled wagon and… Oh yeah. There was this door, and out of nowhere it exploded. There were those footprints paths going to the road, and I followed them. Then I found the wagon and returned to the village, but when I returned, the door was back where it was before it exploded.

“What?”

“What?”

Which part you didn’t understood?

Amity and Zenshin looked at one another and nodded.

“All of it”

“All of it”

Oh. Okay. I think it’s better if I just show you guys?

The two of them nodded at my question. Sigh. Guess I’ll just show them the door.

I walked the two of them to the place near the house with the mysterious door and pointed my paw at it.

“Is that door?”

Zenshin asked, walking near it.

“I don’t feel nothing out of the usual here. What did you said happened to the door?”

It exploded. Kaboom! Just like that.

“Looks like an ordinary door to me”

Zenshin said, walking back here. Amity took a step and stooped.

“Wait, there’s something here”

“What do you mean?”

“I can barely feel it. My low quantity of magicules right now made possible for me to feel it. it’s a residual wave of Magicule, almost background noise”

“I don’t feel anything like it”

“Probably because your own Magicule are interfering with your senses. When I say it’s almost background noise, I mean that if it wasn’t for my high [Magicule Detection] I wouldn’t have noticed it”

“Wow, what do you feel then?”

“It’s like a temporal spell”

A what spell?

“It’s a branch of time magic, she said there’s time magic involved”

Oh… Wait, what?

“I can feel a faint spell. It’s around the door. Whatever happened here, it really did something to the door, but the magic spell is all around the place, meaning the original could have happened millions of years in the past, a week ago, or in the future, there’s no way to tell with how faint the magic is right now”

“You said there were footprints with the door?”

Ah, yes, they went that way.

I again, point to the general direction where the footprints were. We begin walking towards the exit of the village.

“Yeah, the spell extends towards this direction. Something, or someone, must have done something here whenever. We can’t exactly tell what or why, so I think it’s better if we just ignore it and continue with our lives. I mean, we’re on a tight schedule right now with that army coming for us, you know”

The wagon is that way… actually.

“Amity, we can at least check this wagon, if it’s in good conditions we can use it”

“Yeah, but we don’t have any horse-like animals to…”

“Oh, you’re right, so we can’t use it after all. We’ll have to walk there like it were going to do anyways. It’s a shame, but nothing we can do over it”

“Zennyyyy”

Amity said with a sweet voice.

“Oh hell no! I know that tone of voice. Whenever you use you want me to do something the you know I wouldn’t do!”

“But zenyyyy, you make an excellent transport animal”

“That’s what you wanted?! Must I remind you that I’m a Kitsune and not some stupid cargo monster?!”

“Oh look! That’s the wagon!”

Amity begin running, ignoring the angry Zenshin.

“Hey! Don’t ignore me!”

He suddenly breaks into a sprint after her. Guess I’ll just walk there. I don’t have the energy nor the will to run anywhere, in fact, if Amity carried me like a cat again, I wouldn’t mind.

Wait, why am I thinking like this? Am I actually getting used to be treated like a cat or what happened affected me so much I don’t mind being treated like a cat anymore? Either option is concerning, really.

15