Chapter 26: Train To The Rescue!
779 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I kept looking at the doors I passed but no one came even after a few seconds. I sighed in relief and jumped on top of the chair turning my head to the window. In the seconds I've spent looking at the doors the train managed to achieve a velocity matching that of a human running… Considering the speed Amity was running at, I think it's better to say the velocity of a human of Earth running. I was seeing the whole garage around 15 meters away from it and in the ground next to the wall the 3 men that were after me were lying on the floor, barely moving at all, and standing next to them was a person I couldn't recognize. The person was strange, I knew he was there but every time I tried to get a better look at him my eyes turned away, like I was being forced to ignore him, but then he turned his gaze towards me and our eyes met. I couldn't discern his face, but I could clearly see his eyes. They were deep blue mixed with emerald green and there was something about those eyes I couldn't put my finger on. in a way, somehow I felt like I knew that person, but that's impossible because I never met anyone with those eyes on Earth and I just know Amity on this planet, unless Zenshin has a human form, but even then, Zenshin has light blue eyes and Amity has dark brown eyes… Wait, does she? My memory is a mess right now for unknown reasons, I can't remember exact details of her, but Zenshin I can remember just fine. What's happening?

As I was lost in thoughts a change happened to the person I was looking at. Light green chains appeared out of nowhere and wrapped themselves around his torso, legs and arms, the person tried to struggle against the chains but it didn't work and he was pulled backwards with an astonishing speed but he didn't hit any wall or object, he simply vanished into thin air like he was never there.

I stood there, dumbfounded, for a few moments, just trying to understand what the heck happened. Each second that passed I felt the memory of what happened getting hazier and hazier until I was looking at myself through the reflection on the window, unsure of what just happened, just with a strange feeling. Then, looking at my reflection, I realized, I never encountered any reflective surface until now, so I was never able to see myself properly until now. 

Without any recollection of the events that just happened I began to take a look at myself through the reflection. The first thing I noticed were my eyes, they were enormous and golden, so golden you could easily mistake them for actual gold bars. Next was my actual size, using Amity and assuming her to be around 1.8 meters in height,  I'm around the size of a small dog, approximately 70 centimeters on all four and 1.5 meters long, with my tail. As my race in the status screen says, I'm completely white, with the exception of my golden eyes and the membrane of my wings, they have a shade of blue on them, but only underneath them, they're completely white if you look from above. I'm a bit disappointed though, I look like the default image of what would appear if you searched "white dragon" on Google images. I don't have any defining characteristics at all except my eyes, at least they're very beautiful.

The train kept picking up speed and I couldn't do anything else, so I just sat in the chair like a dog, and yes, I'm a bit ashamed of sitting like this, but it's not like I can sit in any other way.


Zenny, I still can't fight properly, most of my skills are still sealed, so, if I look like I'm about to get hit, I need you to teleport me a few meters away. Amity sent her thoughts to Zenshin, who is hanging on her shoulder like some kind of primate, through the telepathic link between the two of them.

Do you think I'm a taxi? Using [Spiritual Jump] to just teleport a few meters in the same plane is awful, you know I hate the sensation of myself getting twisted like a wet sponge being dried. That's even the reason I don't come and go from the dream world frequently! I'm not a masochistic like every other spirit who seems to enjoy getting their-... Zenshin was interrupted when a magic blade made by a skill the man who was pursuing them had, the man created a copy of his sword’s blade made out of magicules, the magic blade detached itself from the sword and flew aiming directly at Amity's back with incredible speed, a normal person wouldn’t be able to dodge that at all, and Amity having almost all her abilities sealed couldn’t either.

A small sigh could be heard coming out of Zenshin’s mouth as he activated [Spiritual Jump]. Small blue lightning rays appeared all around Amity and Zenshin before they reappeared 20 meters away from where they were. Zenshin shivers from the sensation of having your body and soul twisted in three different axes before getting properly restored and sent back to the mortal plane.

I thought you said you weren’t a taxi. Amity grinned at Zenshin’s use of the skill even after he said he didn’t like it.

And I’m not! But I won’t let you get hurt because of something trivial like this. but i’m impressed, you are really avoiding fighting him head on like you usually do, I expected you to advance towards him shouting something like “My pride won’t be challenged by the likes of you”. Zenshin said with an impressed expression on his face.

I’ll give this damn seal credit, it can’t completely block Ultimate Skills but it can block the side-effects of them. Amity answered as she jumped down to the ground from the roof of a building and bolted to the next light pole in her vicinity. With a kick she broke the pole and grabbed it before it fell and, using her somewhat sealed strength, threw it on the roof she just jumped down from before running towards the Magic Carts tracks.

The light pole flew straight at the man who couldn’t see it before arriving at the edge of the roof, causing him to be caught completely off guard against the flying metal rod straight at his head. The pole hit the man and fell onto the ground again, but the man wasn’t so hurt by that, he just got knocked a single step backwards before being able to jump down to the ground, but it was enough time for Amity to increase her distance.

Do you think he will be able to steal that Magic Cart locomotive? I should have explained it better to him. Amity said with apprehension on her face, she explained nothing for the little dragon who she still will name after getting rid of the seal that general inflicted on her. How would a person who got reincarnated a few days ago be able to understand what’s going on and what to do if he’s just being thrown around and being carried like a piece of luggage.

You’ll need to believe he’ll be able to do it, because I don’t have enough magicules to teleport us very far from here. Zenshin spoke as Amity stopped right beside the tracks and turned around to face the man who was hot in pursuit.

“Finally facing me, criminal?” the man who wore paladin armor with the flag of the kingdom of Dracius painted on his chest plate, a symbol of a golden tower with a black "X" behind it on a cyan background, said as he arrived a few seconds after Amity turned to him.

“Nahh, I’m just loitering around, you know. There isn’t much to do here, unless you count making fun of one of the members of the outer circle of Theo’s little paladin group as a thing to do” Amity smiled as she looked at the man.

The man frowned and pointed his sword at Amity and said. “Do you think you’re funny?...”

“Very much” Amity interrupted the man.

“Do you think you can do whatever you please...” the man continued.

“I do, in fact” Amity interrupted him again.

“inside the borders of the beautiful kingdom of Dracius? I say you are very wrong…”The man continued to speak.

“Are you sure about it?” Amity continued to interrupt him.

“Stop interrupting me!” the man snapped.

Good news, he looks to have successfully stolen the locomotive. You’ll need to jump towards the tracks in 10 seconds. Zenshin spoke inside Amity’s mind.

“But why? it’s super funny interrupting you paladins, do you know how boring your monologues can get? they’re sooooooooooooo long and sooooooooo boring” Amity spoke to the paladin who clearly got enraged by such demonstration of insult towards a paladin of the outer circle of Theo’s holy paladins.

“We’ll see if you will keep throwing such insults when you’re in prison” The paladin, who was now red with anger, said.

FIve.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but…” Amity said.

Four.

“I’m already leaving” Amity shrugged and smiled.

Three.

“Ha! Do you think you can escape me?” The paladin laughed.

Two.

“You couldn’t even escape me by jumping from roof to roof.” The man continued.

One.

“How do you think you’ll escape from me now?” The paladin asked.

Now!

“Like this” Amity said before jumping backwards towards the tracks. The man finally saw what was happening, but it was too late. A Magic Cart locomotive came running through the tracks moving in reverse. Amity’s body was in the perfect position to crash into the locomotive’s door and get taken by the locomotive, leaving a dumbfounded paladin next to the Magic Cart tracks, unable to follow them.

15