Extra Chapter 3: Rainbow Dragon
524 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amity went searching for a goblin as Zenshin lazed around on top of a small boulder. She was a little disappointed in their little wyvern...dragon(?) friend and told him she was going to use the same methods to learn to cast spells as she was taught. The only thing Zenshin had to say about this was: good luck, little reincarnator.

After a while she was back, Amity walked normally to the top of the boulder, drew the [Fireball] spell diagram and told the nameless flying lizard that he just needed practice and threw a small pebble in the head of a goblin who was just behind some bushes searching for the woman he saw before while Zenshin was lost in thoughts.

Sigh I still don't know what to call him, he is someone who died and somehow managed to retain his memories, something that Maut and mother told me is impossible, they can't be both wrong. I would laugh at someone who suggested even one of them was wrong if I hadn't seen him myself. That light I saw on his memories looked like a summoning ritual, so maybe Theo is involved somehow?. Anyway, I am losing myself in thoughts

Zenshin turned his head just in time to see a goblin launch itself at the reincarnated, with a wooden club in his hand the goblin let out an awful scream while trying to swing his club.

The former human saw the monster lunging at him and screamed in terror as he turned around and began to run. Zenshin observed the scene unfold in front of him with an expression of sympathy.

Don't worry, she won't let it hurt you… much. She won't let it hurt you much. She isn't the man who taught her how to cast spells, she won't let you die in the hands of a random goblin after you picked her curiosity like you have. But that won't save you from a hellish training. But rest assured, it won't be so bad in the beginning as a human child is stronger than you for the moment. Now I understand why dragons take so long to raise their cubs, they need to deal with them with the utmost care or else they will literally kill their cubs with a slightly stronger sigh. Zenshin thought as he divided his mind to observe the fight and to enter his spiral of thought.

A couple minutes later the goblin smashed his club on their new friend's wing, breaking them. Zenshin and Amity were about to do something when he successfully created a [Fireball] and launched it at the goblin. Because of the small distance between the two of them, the goblin was hit with the ball of flames that attached themselves to his skin and burned until he was a carbonized corpse on the ground.

Wow, I knew dragon magic was more efficient than other species, but to create that effect with a simple [Fireball]? Impressive. So I guess I have to call him a dragon after all, as wyverns can't cast magic using a diagram. But he had and probably still has that mind corroding skill, so he still should be considered a wyvern to the System? But again, he was able to cast magic… arghh why do you have to be a walking paradox? Huh? He has a regenerative skill too? How? Just how? That isn't a skill you're born with unless you're a species that has it, and you, my friend, are not from a species that has high regenerative skills. Having a skill that can bring you more information than [Appraisal] itself and a shapeshifting skill better than any Mimic weren't enough for you, huh? Maybe it's because you reincarnated with your old memories? Zenshin used his skill [Thought Acceleration] to the fullest, as even after all the time he spent thinking just a couple of seconds have actually passed, just as the little dragon passed out from a magicule deficit.

When he woke up Amity made him draw the [Fireball] diagram over and over again, as something taught by her couldn't be any less than perfect, it was her pride, and after about  1 hour and a half of constant drawings and redrawing she seemed satisfied with his drawing skills and then moved to the next step of learning magic, the chant.

Zenshin observed as Amity changed her personality upside down and impersonated a teacher with her student.
"Now, little gecko, I'll teach you how to cast a [Fireball] without the need to draw. The most important step is visualization, you need to imagine what the magic will do, for a simple [Fireball] you just need to imagine, well, a fireball. Then you need to say the chant with both the magic circle you drew for the last hour and the visualization in mind” she started, impressing Zenshin as she really looked into it.

"Observe, I'll cast a [Fireball] using a basic chant" Amity spoke as she moved a little away from any trees. She put her hand in front of her and started chanting.

"Primordial fire that burns within-..." the moment Zenshin heard the chant Amity was using all the image he made of her actually being a good teacher was shattered like a broken glass.

No, you’re not doing that, are you? Zenshin asked Amity.

"Consume my enemies and-...” Amity continued giving him a smirk.

Oh my mother, you are. You know he won’t be able to cast primordial magic, right? You’re just going to break his confidence. Zenshin spoke to Amity with [Thought Acceleration].
I trust he’ll be able to pull it off. Having his memories from another world might give him the conceptualization he needs to actually cast a primordial fire spell. Amity answered back to Zenshin and finished casting her spell.

A small yellowish ball of pure flames that had a hint of the reminiscent power of creation appeared on Amity’s fingertip and shot forward towards a tree. When it hit the tree, it ignited the very essence of that tree and reduced it to ashes.

After that Amity asked him if he had any questions while panting heavily, as casting a primordial magic while still heavily sealed took a heavy toll on her, and he indicated to Zenshin he wanted to ask a question, Zenshin just nodded as he understood the little dragon wanted him to transmit his thoughts to Amity.

He asked if the visualization could be anything, and received an affirmative answer from Amity.

See? He didn't just think about a simple fireball. Now we need to see if his original world can understand some truths behind creation. Amity told Zenshin as the little dragon thought about what to do.

Zenshin just gave Amity an eye roll as he observed and anticipated the failure in casting such complex magic as one needed to understand the physical principles behind what said person is casting. Magic can do a lot of stuff, but it makes a civilization ignore natural phenomena as they can simply be replicated with magic that's both easier to execute and easier to understand.

A few minutes passed by and Zenshin was about to talk with Amity that her teaching resulted in naught when suddenly he felt a shift in the ambient magicules, they were being attracted to somewhere.

He turned to where the magicules were concentrating and saw a tiny little blue dot forming right in the tip of the little dragon's claw.

Zenshin turned towards Amity with his mouth agape, resulting in Amity grinning to him before focusing on that blue dot.

That blue dot grew more and more until it had a diameter of 5 centimeters. In that moment, the little dragon collapsed on the floor and the blue dot increased in absorbing magicules in the air.

"No, no, no, no, he ran out of magicules!" Amity shouted as she ran and grabbed the passed out lizard and backed away.

It looks like the spell is pulling nearby magicules to fuel itself. It became unstable. Can you do something? Zenshin asked Amity.

Amity put the little dragon on her shoulder and put her hand in front of her, aiming at the blue dot. Chains made out of light appeared and covered her entire arm.

"Urgh stupid seal! I can't put it under control, you need to shoot it away from us. I don't want to see what a primordial spell can do with me while I am completely sealed" Amity answered Zenshin, who gave out a sigh.

Very well, I shall protect you from the harms of a small baby dragon as your supreme guardian, your warrior with shiny armor...I mean shiny fur. Zenshin played as he walked lazily towards the unstable spell.

“Zenny, It’s no fun!” Amity pouted as she crossed her arms. “I am super weak right now, and you know it. I only have the strength equivalent of five adult humans!”

Zenshin stopped right in front of the now blue ball, as it’s growing as it absorbs magicules.

Hmm, nice spell, a bit lacking, but it is a nice spell. Amity, this wouldn’t do anything to you, but, as you asked. A pillar of spiritual flames burst from the ground and hit the dragon’s spell from below, sending it flying upwards with an incredible speed. There you have it, although it felt weird, like the spell tried to consume my magic. But oh well, it’s over now.

Both of them looked up at the unstable spell flying to the sky when suddenly it exploded, creating a ball of hot plasma 200 meters in diameter, before collapsing into itself and exploding, releasing highly energetic plasma jets in random directions.

Oooook, I might have misjudged the power behind that small dot. It might have caused some burns in you, but nothing serious. Zenshin told Amity.

“It’s very pretty, and impressive” She said.


A pair of giant doors of the chamber opened, revealing a beautiful human female with brown skin, rainbow eyes and a pair of feathered white wings on the top part of her back and wearing a black tuxedo and gloves. The angel walked towards the central part of the massive chamber decorated with intricate objects made out of precious metals and gems, all containing powerful magical properties. She stopped 20 meters away from a wall made out of scales tinted with myriad colors that make the entirety of the light spectrum in a delicate pattern that ran through the entire wall.

"Master, I'm here for my daily report" the angel spoke with a rather quiet voice that a human wouldn't be able to hear if he was further than 10 meters from her.

The wall suddenly moved and a giant eye opened on it and focused on the little angel on the ground.

"I see you changed your appearance again, Lilith" a deep yet loud voice reverberated throughout the chamber, the source being the enormous dragon that is inside the chamber.

"Yes, master, I took the form of a female human I considered adequate enough" Lilith answered her master with a bow.

"That's good, you really need to go out more often and have your own ambitions" the dragon spoke towards the angel.

“If you permit me to speak freely” the angel asked before receiving a nod from the giant dragon. “Nothing is more deserving of my attention than taking care of my duties as your head angel. I’ll take my time to explore hobbies and explore interpersonal relationships only after I've finished all of my tasks and took care of every detail” the angel concluded.

Sigh. Very well…” the dragon spoke, clearly disappointed by the actions of the angel. He already knew it was going to be like this, as the same thing has been happening since the angel was born, thousands of years ago. “Your daily report?” the dragon asked.

“Yes” the angel bowed. “As you already know, the demon lord known as “The Witch of Pride” went missing a week ago” Lilith said, receiving a Hmph from the dragon. “We have been able to verify the last known position from her, it’s inside the borders of the human kingdom Jarikir, and, combined with the fact that paladins from the order of Luminos were seen near the place where the Witch of Pride disappeared it’s safe to assume she is dead as the “King of Greed”, “The Lustful Demon” and “The Wrathful Giant” were killed by the paladins from the order of Luminos” the angel said.

“Hmm, It’s the fourth demon lord killed in this decade. With all of them being a demon lord of the seven deadly sins it shouldn’t be a coincidence, they are being targeted” The dragon spoke.

“Yes, I believe so” the angel answered.

“There isn’t anything we can do. If they are too weak to survive a few paladins from an order of a Greater God, so be it. Was that all?” the dragon asked the angel who shook her head.

“No, there is something else that I thought required your attention” Lilith answered.

“Interesting. It’s not everyday you say something requires my attention, go ahead” The dragon said.

“Yes” the angel bowed. “We detected a pulse of primordial magic. Someone who is still unknown managed to create a primordial spell and cast it, although unstable. Our teams registered the spell in a forest close to the borders of Dracius. We already sent someone there to investigate” the angel spoke, her voice without a single hesitation and full of confidence.

“Good, keep me informed” the dragon said, moving his body on the giant mattress on the floor of the chamber to a better position, revealing a small egg with a rainbow pattern in it in the middle of the mattress.

“May I ask you a personal question, master?” Lilith asked.

“You always can, Lilith. Go ahead and ask me anything you wish” the giant dragon answered the angel without thinking twice.

“How is your egg? the majority of its colors are darker since last time I saw it” Lilith said with a little fear in her voice, not fear for her life or anything, but fear for the only egg her master has. Usually dragons have dozens of eggs each time they reproduce, as the difficulty of raising a baby white dragon to a full dragon is hard and the majority of the offspring become wyverns, but not her master. Her master only had one egg since her birth and she feared for him not becoming a dragon.

The dragon sighed wearily as he looked to his egg and back at Lilith.

“It’s not as bad as it seems, it is absorbing my magicules as it should, but his affinity towards every element is not increasing but decreasing. I'm afraid he’ll have a difficult time with magic, but it won’t be impossible. At least all elements aren’t decreasing, only two elements are increasing in affinity, and they already surpassed mine” The dragon said.

“How’s that possible? you are the “Dragon King”. How could someone who is not even born have an affinity that surpasses yours?” Lilith asked incredulously.

“Lilith, I am a rainbow dragon, a jack of all trades of dragons. The only reason I have elemental affinities that dwarfs every other dragon is because I am a True Awakened Demon Lord, and that’s all” the dragon king spoke.

“But still-...” the angel tried to say something but was interrupted by the dragon.

“Enough” he said tiredly.

Lilith stopped before she enraged her master, bowed and exited the chamber.

12