Chapter 31: Solar Dragon
519 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up after some time had passed and the first thing I noticed was that my body felt different, like it was really me. Before my body felt… disconnected, as if I was just stuffed inside a random body that couldn't properly hold me. Everything felt wrong then but now is different, now my body feels like it was made specially for me.

As my vision slowly adjusted I was assaulted by millions of colors, most of which I've never seen in my life and can't even begin to describe them. It's so many that it puts the entire RGB color spectrum to shame. It'll take some time to adjust to so many colors but I think I can manage.

I didn't have time to recognize where I was before a monstrous hunger hit me like a train at full speed hitting a small vehicle in the middle of the tracks.

"Hot. hot, hot, hot, hot" I heard Amity's voice right beside me before I was suddenly moved and put on the ground with Amity next to me waving her arms like she was touching something very hot. It didn't take long for me to understand she was talking about me.

I didn't even manage to think about anything before my stomach growled at me for me to eat something fast.

Sooo…. Hungry…. Was the only thing in my mind as I began to look around.

"Don't worry, I've got you covered! You can always count on this Witch here" Amity said with a proud expression as she put her hand in her pocket and pulled out lots and lots of monster corpses and put them in front of me.

I was about to ask how she pulled this many creatures from a small pocket but another growl quickly tossed that thought to the back of my mind and I began to eat them rapidly. 

My fangs tore through the monster's meat like a hot knife cutting butter and a sizzling sound could be heard before I swallowed it.

"YOU CAN GRILL THE MEAT IN YOUR MOUTH? Oh I'm so jealous right now" Akity said, but I didn't hear it as my mind was only focused on eating to satiate the immense hunger i was feeling.

I spent around half an hour just eating the meat from the corpses Amity brought and I was finally full.

"So good…" a praise left my mouth.

"Oh, thank you. I killed them myself" Amity said, making a heart with her hands.

… Wait. Did I just speak? Like speak speak, no telepathy, no Zenshin reading my thoughts?

"I… can talk?" I said timidly. And for the first time I heard my voice. It was different from my original voice, more higher pitched and somewhat stronger too, but it was MY voice. "I can talk! I can finally talk! It was so frustrating not being able to talk normally" I said as I grew happy with finally being able to talk and not depending on Zenshin if I wanted to speak with someone.

"Oh cool, you change color. And get yet hotter, thank Gods I wasn't carrying you right now" Amity said as I heard a crackling sound below me. I looked down and saw my legs much bigger than before and they are a blue color. I couldn't see much because the grass around me was on fire, and I was right on top of it.

"Ahh!" I jumped out of the fire but the moment I touched the grass it ignited making me jump again and igniting another patch of grass before Amity said.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, look you're not getting burned" She said, pointing at my paws.

I looked at them and it was true. While I was right on top of the flames, I wasn't getting hurt in the slightest. In fact, I could feel that my skin was hotter than the flames on the grass, and that's probably why it ignited.

Realizing that made me calm down with a sigh of relief. The moment I calmed down I noticed my Scales turn from a hot blue to a yellow color and then to a red-yellowish color.

"I can change colors?" I asked both of them.

"It's what it looks like" Amity answered while Zenshin just shrugged.

I've never seen a dragon like you before, so I can't answer that. And I'm sure Amity never saw one before too. Zenshin spoke while Amity nodded repeatedly.

"And… am I bigger?" I asked.

"Yep, pretty much. You've grown four times your body size in the last five days, it was incredible. You were even a warm pillow while you were sleeping. You must learn how to drop your body temperature, ok?" Amity said with a playful and commanding tone in her voice.

I unconsciously tilted my head to the side and I can swear I saw hearts in Amity's eyes. She put her hand on my head trying to pat me but as soon as she touched my head she pulled her hand away as fast as she could, it was so fast I didn't even manage to see the movement.

"Hot! Hot!" Amity said as she waved her hand in the air while Zenshin made a facepalm with his paw… a facepaw?

Why did you touch the clearly hot plasma in his head? He asked but Amity didn't answer but looks like she's too busy blowing her hand to cool it down.

Did he say hot plasma on my head? I tried to look above me but there was nothing there, it's probably right on top of my head, meaning I can't see it without a mirror.

We better leave this forest before Denaru burns it down entirely. Zenshin said, causing me to look below me and see that the grass on fire had spread. I tried to step on the flames to extinguish them but the only thing I've managed to do was ignite even more grass.

Yeah, I think it's better for you to stop. Come on, let's leave this forest before you turn this part of the forest into another desert. Zenshin spoke while walking in a random direction, leaving me and Amity, who was still waving her hand like crazy, behind.

I looked over to Amity for a few moments before walking to Zenshin and after a few seconds I heard a shout coming from behind.

"Hey, don't leave me here!" And suddenly Amity was on Zenshin's side. If it weren't for the wind she created while walking hitting me in my face I would just assume she teleported there instead of walking so fast I couldn't even see her.

"Where are we going?" I asked and Amity answered.

"There are some plains over there as well as a small river. It should be fine, most monsters run away from me and the ones who don't can easily be scared by the big dog sized dragon who is a living fire hazard" She said with a big smile plastered on her face.

It's not like the flames are my fault. They are igniting without me doing anything at all. As I walked I could hear the grass being set ablaze below my paws. I'll be honest, I was a little embarrassed of doing it after what Amity said, but it's not like I can contr-... my body color suddenly changed to red and the grass stopped igniting below me. I stopped and looked at it confused.

It's probably your emotional state. Zenshin spoke.

"Huh?" Amity turned to Zenshin and then at me. "Oh, you're not talking to me" She said.

When you were excited your body turned blue and you got super hot. After that excitement passed you turned to yellow then a reddish-yellow and your temperature fell. And now you want to dig a hole and put your head inside of it, you changed to red and your temperature dropped yet again. He spoke.

"I have to agree with Zenny. I've never seen one of your race but I have a feeling it's exactly as Zenny says. What did the System have to say about this race? 'Solar dragons are a rare race of dragons that have bodies similar to stars. Their blood is in a permanent plasma state and their scales are one of the most perfect thermal isolators that exists. Their internal temperature varies between a thousand and five hundred degrees celsius to ten thousand degrees celsius'? I don't think the part which says their internal temperature varies is about the entire race, I think it means it varies in the same individual" Amity explained.

I had to agree with her explanation simply because it sounded about right and I hadn't another one as my skill would just repeat what it already said to me.

After a few minutes walking we left the forest and arrived at the plains mentioned. It was a giant field of grass with sparse trees, a small river that cut through it and entered the forest and a bunch of creatures I've never seen before and don't even know where to begin describing them.

"Okaaaay. Now, where is that… oh, there it is" Amity said as she began to walk towards somewhere I didn't know.

"Uhh, where are we going?" I asked. 

"Oh, I don't know either" Amity casually replied.

"You.. don't know?" I said.

"Oh yeah. I'm just following a map a stranger gave me and said we really should take a look at it. So that's what we are doing" she didn't even turn her head to answer me.

"You're following a map a stranger gave you and said you really should look at it? Don't you find it… I don't know, strange?" I said exacerbated.

"That's why we're going to have a look at where the map takes us" Amity smiled.

"But-" I was about to say that was a bad idea and explain why it was a bad idea using my city as an example, but Zenshin interrupted me.

Don't waste your time. Once she sets her head onto something nothing will make her change her mind. And besides, I'm curious about it too. Zenshin said.

Guess I'll see my status screen to pass the time then. I thought about bringing up my status screen but what I saw made me stop dead in the tracks and my eyes opened wide.

Name: Denaru Theris 

Age: 0

Race: Baby Solar Dragon

Lv. 1

------------------------------------

Status: Normal

HP -  2500/2500 

MP -  7500/7500 

SP -  5000/5000  -  5000/5000 

------------------------------------

Strength        - 3750 

Defense         - 3600 

Magic           - 5600 

Magical Defense - 6600 

Dexterity       - 3000 

Stealth         - 3000 

Precision       - 3000 

------------------------------------

Titles - 

[Pest Control]

[Tireless Fighter]

[Slaughterer]

[Twister of Fate]

------------------------------------

Skills -

[Racial] Dragon Scales Lv. 1 

[Racial] Passive Growth Lv. 1 

[Racial] Elemental Breath Lv. 1

[Racial] Instincts Overdrive

[Racial] Heat Immunity

[Racial] Radiation Immunity

[Unique] Knowledge Library Lv. 4

[Unique] True Mimic Lv. 2

[Normal] Appraisal Lv. 4

[Normal] Magicule Detection Lv. 1

[Normal] Magicule Manipulation Lv. 1

[Normal] Automatic HP Recovery Lv. 4

[Normal] Parallel Processing Lv. 5

[Normal] Faint Resistance Lv. 5

[Normal] Abnormal Mental Condition Resistance Lv. 5

[Normal] Evasion Lv. 3

[Normal] Small Hero Lv. 2 

[Normal] Fire Magic Lv. 1

[Extra] Regeneration Lv. 2

[Extra] Pain Reduction Lv. 6

[Extra] Vocalization

------------------------------------

True Mimic Registry –

- Horned Rabbit

- White Dragon

First thing I noticed is that my old name was nowhere to be seen, I don't know why though. The second thing I noticed was the most shocking of all, all my status have increased by at least tenfold, even though I don't know what a unit represents in each status it is still a lot, and I gained three more skills, [Vocalization], [Heat Immunity] and [Radiation Immunity]. The first one is probably the reason I can finally talk, the second one explains why fire doesn't hurt even if I'm walking directly on it, the only left is the last one… what the heck is that skill? [Radiation Immunity]? If I consider it is in the same category as [Heat Immunity] is with my body being so hot… I am a walking nuclear disaster!?

13