Chapter 41: Tenth Experiment Results: Ultimate Failure
305 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pressure that was emanating from Amity vanished just as quickly as it appeared, and as it vanished I found myself taking a deep breath, the pressure was so much that I wasn’t even aware I was holding my breath. A cough coming from behind me in the direction of one of the walls of Faroh’s house caught my attention and I turned my head to see Jana on the ground, her hair and clothes with burn marks, as well as some of her skin that looked like were somewhere between second degree burn and third degree burn.

Before I could do anything, Zenshin appeared in the dirt road that me and Jana used to come here from the city for a moment before he disappeared again, only for me to hear Amity’s voice coming from behind me as my head was turned away from her.

“Hey, don’t worry. I’m totally fine, see?” She said, “I managed to break that seal. Yeah yeah, I know, I know, but it didn’t see? I’m totally fine and not a single wound anywhere in my soul”

I turned back and saw Zenshin was on Amity’s face, and I don’t mean figuratively, he was literally on Amity’s face, holding himself in place using his four legs to grab onto Amity’s clothes. On top of Amity’s head I saw a pair of wood-like things that looked like small antlers coming out of the top of her head.

She grabbed Zenshin with both of her hands and pulled him off from his face and put him on her head, patting him as she did so.

“I know you’re not a dog, but you’re still cute as one so I couldn’t help myself” She said, before turning her head to me and Jana, still on the ground looking at the scene in front of her with a face full of confusion as to what happened.

She walked over and stopped beside me, looked at my wounds that were still regenerating, crouched and booped my nose.

“You did well enough, now let those wounds close themselves. I’ll have a little chat with miss fire hair over there, be right baaack” She said as she picked up Zenshin and dropped him on top of me and was surprised when he landed without any weight whatsoever.

She walked over to Jana, stopping right in front of her. Her shadow suddenly spread over Jana’s body and involved her in a layer of shadows for a few seconds before it disappeared as if it was never there. After the shadow vanished, her burn wounds were healed and her hair and clothes fixed as if nothing ever happened to them.

“There you go” She said, grabbing her by the hand and helping her get up. “ Noow, I killed your “old sage” and made sure he was properly dilacerated and turned into mince. What do you think?”

"Hummm, what?” Jana said, unsure of what’s happening.

She looked at Amity, then at me, then at the fleshy remains of Faroh and then back at me. Before she could ask anything, Amity spoke.

“The dragon is the same dragon I’ve come here with” She said.

It took a few moments for Jana to understand she meant I was the same dragon that came to the village and that Osgood brought to her.

“C-can I ask why?” Jana said to Amity as she looked over to Faroh’s mangled corpse.

“He wasn’t worth living, and I wasn’t letting him get away from me again. You look nice enough, tell me, what was your opinion on him?” Amity asked Jana.

“Errmm. I could say he was not… you know, the nicest person I’ve met. But he still was the founder of this village and has stayed with us for the last five centuries” She said.

Amity nodded before speaking again.

“Was his house constructed with the village?” She asked.

Jana thought for a moment, before answering.

“Around the same time, yeah. That’s what was in our records” She said.

“Go inside his house, take a look around and after you’re done come back here and tell me what you think” Amity said as she blasted the door of the house with something resembling a [Fireball] but made out of shadows. “We’ll be waiting here”

Jana slowly nodded and quietly went inside Faroh’s house while Amity came back to where I was and threw herself on the grass. The only sounds were the sounds of the embers the forest fire left after it was extinguished by Amity’s power outburst.

“Ahhh, it’s so nice to finally be free of that seal. Who would have thought that you didn’t need to erode it during days, months or maybe years. You just need a strong enough emotion to break it all at once” She said.

You’re sure you’re alright, right? You’ve just broken a seal from a Greater God, even if it was cast by a mortal, it is still a spell designed by a Greater God. You don’t go around and break them that easily. If it was that easy, then even the rules of reality could be broken. Zenshin’s voice echoed in my mind.

“...You’re right, but when I used my anger to break it, I felt that there was a flaw in the spell. No, not a flaw from overlooking, that is unthinkable from the God of Light. The flaw seemed put in place consciously, as if the spell was made for someone to break it at the right time… It just seems odd, and I can’t stop but to think this spell was made by the God of Light as a request from someone” Amity explained as she sighed.

“I’m exhausted after all of this. Who wants to invade the royal kitchen in the Dracius kingdom and eat all of their food?” Amity asked as she put her hand up. 

Zenshin was about to answer but my stomach growled as if agreeing with her.

“There, two out of three want to do it. We’ll do it soon enough” Amity laughed as I got up and Zenshin jumped off me.

“...Yeah… I could eat something right now” I said as I felt my empty stomach say its indignation out loud.

“Well, you won’t eat thrash” Amity said as a fire tornado appeared where Faroh’s body once were and disappeared, leaving nothing where his remains once were. “I refuse to let anyone whose I’ve named eat the likes of him. Even if you ate dirt it would be better”

After a few moments, Jana was back with a shocked expression on her face.

“W-we we-were the tenth “experiment”?” She asked.

“Since thousands of years ago he wanted to commit genocide against every other sentient race that exist in this world. I had put an end to that after I killed him… Or I thought I killed him. The bastard somehow escaped and went into hiding. He used it to try to create a nation of racist humans to engage in war against everyone else, but it seems he failed as every attempt he's made the humans never actually hated the other races” Amity told.

“... He looked awful” I said.

“I… Agree with you. I think it’s for the best you actually killed him this time… You did it, right?” Jana asked.

“Of course I did it” Amity said in a sweet voice. “I sliced every single cell of his body with my shadow blades until all that was left was a mass of minced meat that would probably contaminate the soil had I left it where it was instead of burning it to ashes”

Jana and I looked at each other faces with caution as Amity’s sweet voice was drenched in anger that you could only sense from her total lack of hate in her face as a girlish smile spread across her face as she counted the gruesome fate of Faroh.

After a few minutes of awkward silence we heard a crowd of people walking towards us and some lights coming from the dirt road we used.

“It’s the villagers, they probably heard the commotion” Jana said.

“It wasn’t that loud… They probably saw the fire and are coming over to investigate” I said

“Let everything to me” Amity said as she got up from the ground and stretched.

 I somehow think this will take a turn for the worse… for the villagers, of course. Zenshin said.

“Why did I hear someone in my head?!” Jana almost shouted in alarm.

11