Extra Chapter 5: Elemental God/Rainbow King
325 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Myriad Palace, year 12.021 of the common calendar ]

Lilith looked at a painting hanging on the wall right in front of her for any sign of damage, dust or decay. The painting was made with a special type of magic ink and skill that were lost somewhere between five hundred thousands to seven hundred thousands years ago, and, because of the painting style, magic couldn't be used to preserve the painting. 

The painting itself consisted of a giant golden eye just above the center of the painting on a rainbow background. In the center of the image a golden halo surrounded a small creature with wings in a fetal position. The bottom of the image was filled with a multitude of dragons, all of them bowing to the being in the center of the image.

After finding no dust or damage of any kind, Lilith nodded to herself before quickly casting a glance to the small orichalcum plaquet that contained the name of the painting, Lilith's Birth. She smiled for a moment before she recomposed herself, she shouldn't express her emotions while performing her duties as head angel of the Dragon King Athorisnamor, but she can't contain herself every time she inspect that painting as it was a painting that her master had personally commissioned a great painter whose name is still written in history books, even if the only painting from him remaining was the one she just finished inspecting.

She walked the immense corridors of the palace masterfully as she had the entirety of the palace in her memory and could walk from anywhere to anywhere with her eyes and senses fully blocked, an impressive feat for most people, as the palace had approximately three hundred thousands square meters in size and multiple floors. But Lilith considered this feat the minimum she required to have for her position and required the various servants of the palace to have at least their work areas memorized for them to "be worthy enough for this position".

As she walked closer to a three way hallway cross, she spotted a female beastmen walking towards her. The beastmen was from the Pantherino Nevado race, white fur with black stripes covered every exposed part of her fur that wasn't covered by a black tuxedo that fit her body perfectly, it wasn't too tight and it wasn't too loose.

They arrived at the cross-section, but didn't stop. They walked right into each other, their bodies merging to become one as Lilith absorbed the avatar she created for her to optimize her work by being in multiple places at the same time. After being merged, she walked to the corridor that she and her avatar arrived at. The corridor stretched for hundreds of meters and then suddenly opened to an even larger corridor. The purpose of the larger corridor was for dragons that couldn't change their size or shape to be allowed inside of the palace, a feat that wouldn't be possible if all the corridors were the size for the humanoid and similar races.

After thirty minutes, Lilith stopped at a pair of giant doors that would lead her towards the small balcony that had a series of magical enchanted items and a view to her master, that resided on a subspace inside the castle, or the sheer pressure from his existence would snuff out the souls of the servants. Originally the room was a museum that held thousands and thousands of powerful magical items and the dimensional opening that lead to her master's subspace was in a more grandiose room that Lilith herself designed, but a sudden shift in the gravimetric energy on the link connecting the aperture shifted the entire thing to the room right in front of her. Lilith was going to move the aperture by force, but her master stopped her, then she was going to transform the museum room into another view room for her master, but he quickly shot down that idea as well saying that he would rather observe the people walking in the museum thinking it would only be incredible magical artifacts and then watch the colors drain from their face as they see the Dragon King right in front of them.

As she put her hand on the door handles she heard her master talking with someone else, something highly unusual as people don’t just go entering the room to talk with the ruler of the place without notifying her, neither does her master calls someone in the room without her knowledge about it, but reality couldn’t be denied. She heard the voice of the person talking with her master, it carried no weight whatsoever, as if no one was saying it. There was no presence inside the chambers that she could sense, something remarkable for someone to be able to do, as her detection ability could put some gods and true demon lords to shame. She couldn’t understand what was being said because of the privacy seal casted on the room by herself, a thing she came close to regret just now, but her will was as strong as orichalcum and dismissed those thoughts as they came.

She waited until she couldn’t hear no one talking for a few seconds before entering. as the doors opened, she caught a glimpse of a dark silhouette that only existed for a mere moment, before vanishing as if it were never there, and even so, not a single ripple in the ambient magic could be detected by her. She scanned the room, but everything looked to be in order.

She walked in, walking to the middle of the room and then bowing towards her master, who’s eye took half the dimensional aperture space as he looked at her small frame. Anyone else would be shaking under the watchful eye of the Dragon King, especially this close of his presence, but Lilith didn’t move a single muscle, even under the watch of the most powerful being in existence, just below the Greater Gods.

“Master” She said. “I’ve come here for my daily report”

 As her master didn’t object, she continued.

“Seven hours ago, the energy signature of the Witch of Pride was detected in a region inside the kingdom of Dracius, before teleporting away from the continent” She said.

“It seems that whatever plans the Church of Luminos had, they’ve been spoiled. I see now what he said” Athorisnamor thought out loud.

“Master?” Lilith asked what her master was referring to, as she didn’t understand the last part of his thought.

“Lilith” He called her.

“Yes, master?” She responded to her master’s calling.

“I have to go” He said.

“I’m sorry, master, I don’t understand” Lilith told her master with confusion visible in her eyes, but maintained her face without emotions.

“I’ll be leaving this universe” He said, but didn’t wait for a response from Lilith as her face beginning to lose its emotionless state was all he wanted to see. “No, I won’t be dying, I’m already past that point. I’ll be physically leaving this universe, I have matters to attend to in the Void. I’ll be leaving two things with you before I depart, though”

Suddenly the aperture shone like a thousand stars exploding simultaneously and even Lilith had to cover her eyes and blind her senses from it to not get overwhelmed by such massive energy wave. Eventually it faded away, and Lilith could look at it again, but she was shocked by what she saw, but still remained with her face composed, it was a human with vitiligo and rainbow eyes and hair, in his hand was a small sphere that shone with myriad colors. Lilith only looked at the perfect sphere before it broke into millions of fragments that spread out throughout the room.

“The first, is my skill, [Elemental God, Athorisnamor]” He said, and the composed face of Lilith broke apart in an expression of surprise and shock. “But not in its entirety, even you would crumble under this much power. No, you’ll receive the core of my skill”

“M-master, I-I can’t” Lilith said, but her master just smiled at her.

“Yes, you can” He said, before a small orb floated in front of her. “You’ll be in charge of everything while I’m not back. The other fragments I’ll spread through the world, they won’t be me, but each one of them has an echo of my mind and soul. They’ll take the form of artifacts that can be used by anyone”

“Master, if I may ask. Why? Why do such things? Why don't you leave an avatar behind while you travel?” Lilith asked.

Athorisnamor sighed and looked around the room. Every single magical artifact was shrouded between a fog made out of the fragments of his Ultimate Skill.

“I could, but I won't. There are things that I cannot explain to you, yet, this is one of those things. Think about this as a test, of sorts, I want to see if you manage to keep everything in order until I am back. He said. Lilith was about to open her mouth to comment, but Athorisnamor spoke first.

“The other thing I’ll leave to you, is my egg. It has matured enough through my energy, and now it needs to fully absorb it to hatch” He said.

“In that case, I’ll prepare a room for his hatching” Lilith said, but her master simply shook his head.

“It will be born, but not in the palace. In the near future there will be a group of people that will take advantage of the fact that I’m not in the universe to steal my egg. I want you to let them, understand? You’ll not kill them on sight, nor will you try to stop them in any form, I want you to let them arrive in this very chamber to steal the egg” He said, pulling the mentioned egg from the space he was living until now using dimensional magic.

The egg itself was a whitish-blue color that matched the color of dragon eggs, having lost the myriad colors that once covered the shell. Its size was no bigger than that of a medium dog, and the creature that was going to emerge from it would be even smaller. As the egg slowly descended to the ground, Lilith quickly conjured pillows and a mat that covered the hard obsidian floor below the egg, making it land on the pillows.

Athorisnamor gave one last look at Lilith and his egg before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, before opening them and speaking once more.

“This form has the least energy usage that I can transform into. It doesn’t meet the minimum requirements for anything that I could use my skill with, but the place where I’m going isn’t suitable for any living race except humans. It shouldn’t take too long, I’ll probably be returning in a few hundreds years” Athorisnamor said as he pulled his hand in a circular motion around himself before saying goodbye to Lilith and vanishing with a spacial rupture that lead directly to the Void outside of the universe.

Lilith looked at the rift as it closed before looking around the room. The fragments of the Ultimate Skill his master possessed were already phasing through the walls of the palace towards the outside world. In her hands was a small sphere made out of light, which she pressed in her chest.

[ Individual, Lilith, has received the Unique/Echo of Ultimate skill [Rainbow King, Athorisnamor] from Dragon King Athorisnamor ]

With the skill her master lent her, she looked again at the room, this time with only her master’s egg and the normal magical artifacts inside it. Even the aperture that existed had closed when her master left.

“This won’t do” She said, and summoning an avatar she went to empty the room and make proper accommodations to the egg that she’s been tasked to keep. She would turn this whole room into a nursery for that egg and no one would stop her, as the only person that could stop her from doing anything had just left the universe.

7