Extra Chapter 6: Something Got In The Dungeon
221 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The screaming match between Celeber and Alexsander continued for an hour after Denaru left, and each time they screamed at one another the topic would slightly change but at the time a soldier from the city's police force showed up they were screaming about having food stands inside the Manaball stadium was bad because the cooking appliances would draw magicule from the main grid, affecting some magical effects on any game using the official Manaball league rule set.

"Alright, what's happening here?" The soldier asked, but the two didn't hear him over their own shouts.

The soldier sighed and put two fingers on his mouth and he blew them and, using magic, the whistle came out so loud that Celeber and Alexsander covered their ears from pain.

"I said, what's happening here?" The soldier asked again.

"What?" Celeber asked, her hearing temporarily buzzing as her beastman physiology had more sensible hearing than humans.

"Oh for the love of…" the soldier facepalmed.

"There's nothing happening, officer. We were just having a healthy discussion about some subjects" Alexsander said.

"A "healthy discussion"?" The soldier asked, quoting with his fingers.

"A healthy what?" Celeber asked.

"Yes, very healthy" Alexsander answered.

"Healthy discussions don't end up with multiple reports of two people on a screaming match that could be heard even outside of the sound reduction barriers in the walls" the officer said.

"Oh… it got that loud?" Alexsander said, embarrassed.

"Yes, it has gotten that loud. Now, I'll leave you two off the hook with only a verbal warning, but if I have to come back because of you two, I'll be bringing you both to our detention cell, is that clear?" The officer said with his arms crossed in annoyance.

"Yes, yes, officer, I'm sorry for disturbing you with our little discussion" Alexsander said.

The officer left without doing anything else, leaving the two of them in their own.

"Ohh boy. We did it again" Alexsander sighed.

"We what? My ears are still ringing" Celeber said.

"Here…" He said as he put both his hands on her ears and they shone a gentle yellow for a moment before he pulled his hands back. "Better?"

"Thanks. What did that officer say?" Celeber asked.

“Eh, he said that we need to stop shouting like that” He said.

“Well, if you stop saying stuff like that, then we’ll be fine” She said.

“What are you talking about? You started it” Alexsander said.

“You know what? let’s not start this again…” Celeber groaned before looking around and groaning once more. “I need to find him and that woman before they explode something”

“Why are you so preoccupied with him? I mean, yeah, he’s a beast in quantity of magicule and affinities, but it’s not like he’s a dragon” Alexsander said.

Celeber facepalmed so hard the sound of her palm striking her face passed through her fur without being too low for hearing.

“What? What did I sai-...That boy is a dragon, isn’t it? That would explain his sudden shock when I said stuff about dragons and why you were so angry about I talking shit about dragons right in front of him. And most important of all, it would explain all of…Well, this” Alexsander said as he realized and looked at the two crystals with Denaru’s info on them.

“Yes” She said.

“Now it makes sense… Well, what’s done is done” Alexsander said.

Celeber groaned once more and turned to the door to go looking for Denaru and Jana, but before she could cross it, Alexsander said.

“By the way, if your dragon friend is curious about why he felt nauseous when he walked in and out of here, it’s because the space inside here is too compressed” He explained, making Celeber stop and look at him.

“But, wasn’t this place made by a professional spatial magician?” She asked.

“It was, but you see. It was an elf spatial magician” He told her, but the confused look on her face made him continue explaining. “Elfs tend to have around 17% affinity, max. So when an elf spatial magician compresses space, it’ll be fine for anyone below 20% affinity with space. But your friend has 85% affinity. Tell me, what happens when you try to create a bigger on the inside space without being a trained spatial magician?” He asked.

“You’ll create a space that anybody who crosses the boundary will lose their lunc…oh” She realized.

“Yeah. He’s so connected with space that when he enters a bended space, he’ll feel nauseous because he is feeling space being twisted. The same with time, but sincerely, who the hell has time affinity that can do more than read a Destiny Card’s deck?” Alexsander explained.

“Right. Anyway. Thanks, uncle” Celeber thanked Alexsander.

“Don’t worry about it, just make sure to kick everybody’s butt on the Manaball tournament. I already bought the tickets for all of your games” He said.

“Uncle, the tournament is just in a month!” Celeber said.

“Hey, all the good seats will be sold out by then” He said, only getting a groan from Celeber as she left the building trying to find her team and the two people she guided to the Guild Society building.

“Where the hell did they go? Hmmm, they wanted to watch some dungeon delvers for some time, now. They probably took the chance to go to the dungeon entrance” She said to herself as she began jogging towards the dungeon entrance park.

A few minutes passed and she got right next to the delvers entrance and started looking around for her team, but had no luck.

“C’mon, guys, where are you?” She said.

After a few more minutes trying to find them without luck, she gave up and began to walk back towards the place they were staying. As she turned to a street from the dungeon park, a person with robes that covered his entire body passed by her, and as a Manaball player from the magical universities league, a few of her always active skills allowed her to see through the shadows the robe was casting on the person's face, and she got confused by what she saw.

Instead of being a normal face, it was some kind of mask made out of black smooth glass with metal parts where it ended and fur began. It was a strange thing to see, and she looked back at the person after passing through just out of curiosity. The person with the robe had somehow sensed her through means unknown to her and stiffened his body for a moment, before breaking to a run, completely leaving the robes behind.

The figure that came out of the robes was a strange fusion of beastman and metal parts, that somehow blinked with lights and stranger yet disconnected the four members on his body, making them float a few centimeters from the torso. The figure pulled something that Celeber didn’t recognize from a personal storage device, as the thing came out of thin air, and, while running, aimed the thing to the walls that enclosed the entire dungeon entrance that in the case a dungeon break occurs, it would act like a defensive line against the dungeon monsters. After taking aim, the figure shot a few magic spells using the strange metal staff aimed at the walls, and the moment they made contact the walls exploded like someone had just casted a buffed version of a [Explosion] spell, breaking almost all of the wall in a few quick shots.

The figure then runned past the confused stationed soldiers and dungeon delvers in the place and made a mad dash to the entrance and disappeared in the stairs that lead to the first floor of the dungeon.

Celeber was left in place, looking confused by what had just played out in front of her eyes. A few grunts of pain from the people that were hit by flying stones as the walls exploded made Celeber crash down into reality as she looked around and saw a few people injured by the flying debris. She put “looking for her friends, the dragon and the woman” in second place in her priority list as “helping the injured” entered the first place and began to help the people that she knew she could help and let the ones she couldn’t help to the people who had the training and the magic capable of helping, she didn’t want to worse a situation by doing something stupid when she didn’t know how to help.

4