Chapter 58: The Third Floor Part 3
186 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The archers attacked first, as they were long range and a storm of arrows flew up in the air before falling back down on the enemy army, but of course they wouldn't let us attack them without attacking us in return and another storm of arrows came raining down on the kobold soldiers coming from their archers.

The arrows caused injuries on both sides and even killed a kobold outright as it hit his eye, but the ones who didn't die on the first attack began receiving healing from the mages on the back. Next attack were the mages and with them came an assault of ice spears, fire balls, boulders flying and what looked like a blade made out of wind that I only managed to notice because the air pressure on that blade was enough to distort light below the infrared.

"This is way too balanced" I murmured after observing the first two attacks of each army.

The attacks were the same in each army and by the result of the spells the mages from both sides launched on one another, their spells were in the same level as well. I then knew that if I let this battle go without interfering, both of them would destroy one another as the only thing separating the armies us that they are two different species and some randomness in each attack that may cause death or prevent it, considering that for what I saw both armies had equal chances of hitting.

“I already knew the one in charge of this dungeon created it this way, but seeing as everything is kept this balanced makes my gamer heart warm” I said as I remembered my long sleepless nights where I played game after game, all with so much game breaking bugs and items.

A fireball on my face brought me back to my senses, I couldn’t just start remembering the past in the middle of a battle as that would just get me killed if I’m not careful. Shaking my head I looked at the goblin army as it fought against the kobold army, not both were engaging in direct combat with spells and arrows being thrown above them targeting the enemy archers and mages and, as I was near them, myself as well.

I lifted my right arm and casted [Fireball] and as I poured more and more magicules in the spell, the ball of fire kept increasing until it was the size of a small car. I could feel the spell diagram in my paw becoming unstable and how thick the lines that formed it were, I felt as if I pushed it more the spell would break apart in a not kind way with myself at the center, so I aimed it at the back line of the goblin army and made a throwing movement with my arm with the [Fireball] coming with it.

As the spell flew above the two armies, the goblin and kobold leaders, who were fighting each other with gauntlets just like the one from the second floor, stopped and looked with wide eyes at the massive spell I had created. The goblin leader shouted something in strange sounds towards his army and the kobold leader took advantage of the situation and punched the goblin right in the gut in an uppercut that lifted him a few meters up in the air before the kobold finished with a kick on his side.

As the goblin leader crashed in the ground a dozen meters away from the kobold, my spell had reached the backline of the goblin army, who tried desperately to avoid it to no avail, as the moment it hit the ground, the fire sphere spread its flames everywhere, engulfing their entire backline and spreading chaos in their front line.

The goblin leader managed to get up after the two hits from the kobold leader and saw the state his army was in with surprise on his face. The kobold was already on the air on top of him, ready to punch him back to the floor, but before he could do it, the goblin took a small horn from his pocket and blew it, causing a high pitched buzz echo through the battlefield.

The kobold leader eye’s open wide as he saw the small horn and put his hands in front of his face while pulling his legs to fetal position, I didn’t understand why he did it, but at the next moment my questions were answered as a gust of wind suddenly exploded outwards from the horn and blasting the kobold leader in an arch high above the battlefield. The wind didn’t stop only after hitting the kobold leader, but kept going and then it hit both armies, sending everyone flying around. I managed to not be thrown as well by putting my wings in front of me to disrupt the direction of the wind and redirect it to my sides, and it thankfully worked, albeit barely as I was dragged several meters backwards.

As the wind gust settled down, I pulled my wings back and saw that not only both armies were nowhere to be seen, the walls of the goblin village had crumbled and several houses were destroyed as if a hurricane hit them head on, the same could be said about the trees that were near us. I saw the goblin leader with the horn on its mouth looking at me. I prepared myself for another wind attack, but it seemed that my worries about another attack from the horn wouldn’t become reality as the horn broke down into dust and the goblin spitting the dust that entered his mouth.

“Mister traveler, it appears that it’s only us now” The goblin said as he opened his arms to show that there were no other people around. “By having attacked our army I must assume that you are on those lizards' side… I am not going to lie, though, if you were to ignore the color difference, there isn’t much of a difference between you and them”

I am not going to lie, it took me a few seconds to understand that he was mocking me and saying that I was no different than a kobold and a part of me, specifically [Instincts Overdrive], didn’t like that at all as I could feel the anger spilling out of it as it tried to take control of my body, but my [Abnormal Mental Condition Resistance] kept it under control, even though some of the anger it spilled into my mind.

I managed to not become overwhelmed by the anger, but it still took a lot of restrain for me to not just blast him with my plasma breath right here and now as if I used it now I wouldn’t have it available until it completely recharged and instead I casted another [Fireball] and shoot at him.

The flames engulfed him for a moment, before vanishing and revealing the goblin leader with a shield made out of light fractals on his arm that he moved to place in front of him. I stared at him incredulously as it was the first time anything that didn't completely overpowered me survived a direct hit without a scratch.

"That's all you can do, you big lizard? And I thought you were so strong as to wipe out thirty percent of my army with a single spell" He said to me. "This will be so easy"

He pulled a stick from his clothes and broke it with his finger. The moment the stick broke, light wrapped around his gauntlets for a few seconds before vanishing and revealing that the old gauntlets were switched to a new pair, this one completely white with various ornaments in gold. He didn't stop there as he pulled out another stick and broke it as well and this time it was his legs that were wrapped in light before revealing a pair of white boots adorned with light blue ornaments that shone like electricity was flowing through them… Wait, I saw a spark there when he moved his feet. The boot didn't look like it had electricity flowing through it, it had electricity flowing through it.

"Now, the final piece" he said before grabbing another stick and breaking it.

Differently from the ones he had already broken, this one didn't wrap light I'm any part of him, but made him begin to swell like a deformed meat balloon. By the time he stopped swelling, he was the same size as me with bulging muscles upon bulging muscles.

What is this? I'll have to fight against the Hulk? I shouted inside my mind as my mouth was wide open as I stared at the goblin that now resembled the Marvel character more than a goblin.

"Now I'm ready" he said with a distorted voice and in the very next second his body disappeared only to reappear right in front of me with his gauntlet hitting my face.

3