Chapter 63: Was It All A Dream?
192 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey guys, so...I have bad news. Google doesn't want to give me my account back, meaning that I really lost all the original files I had. The good news is that I had some prints I sent to friends that I used to rebuild some things and the chapters already released here on Scribble Hub helped me to recreate the chapter files. I'm still putting some things back together, but they are just auxiliar stuff and not important that I can't continue without them. I'm using the opportunity to create a skill and title compendium but it's on the bottom of my priority list.

My other novel that shares the same universe, Non-Isekaied Dungeon is in an hiatus until I can get enough hype to begin writing the chapters I've lost again.

In other news, I've re-released the first chapter of the novel with a complete rewrite, note: not the prologue, the first chapter, Reincarnation, so I recommend you guys go check it out after this one.

I wonder if re-releasing a chapter counts as having double chapter release 🤔

I suddenly woke up with a terrible headache that was almost splitting my head in two, but just as it began it almost vanished in an instant, the only thing that made me aware of it was a constant buzzing on the back of my head and a pounding pain that wasn't too unbearable. As my mind focused on the world around me I noticed a familiar ceiling. I turned my head around to confirm what I was seeing.

I was in my old bed in my old room before everything happened. I could see my wardrobe, my bedside table, my desk with my computer on it. As I looked over at the monitor I saw it was turned on and showing the menu of a game called "Magic and Dragons" and the character on the menu was extremely similar to myself as a solar dragon.

I heard my phone alarm going off just as I glanced over it, talk about timing huh? As I moved my hands to grab it, I froze as I stared at my hands. My hands weren't the dragon paws I was expecting to see, but my human hands as I remember them. I immediately grabbed my phone, opened the camera and looked at myself.

It was me, my old self from before that thing that sent me to another world. I put my free hand on my face, seeing it on the phone screen as I moved my hand around my face, touching it all to confirm what I'm seeing is really real. Just as I began to think it was all just a weird dream, the headache hit me like a baseball bat, causing me to drop my phone as I grabbed my head with both hands and let a growl of pain escape my lips.

A gentle hand brushed against my hair as my headache seemed to go back to just being a constant buzzing. I looked over and saw my mom seated next to me on my bed with a gentle smile on her face, the door to my bedroom opened. The headache was so strong I hadn't even noticed my mom opening the door to my room and seating next to me.

"How are you, sweetheart?" My mom asked me as she brushed her hand against my hair. "Are you feeling better?"

I nodded my head in response to her question. My mom, seeing me nod my head, got up from the bed and walked to the door before stopping and turning around to face me again.

"The next time you spend days on end playing your little games, I'll throw your computer on a metal crusher" she said without dropping her gently smile, and the worst part is that while she would follow up on her words, the gently smile that's on her face is genuine and not one of those fake that people usually give.

I had no more doubts, that was my mom, just as I remember her. As I accepted that fact, I felt my headache begin to reappear but it vanished almost at the same time. I shook my head as the remaining pain from the headache faded away before looking at my mom, who was still looking at me, and nodding my understanding to her.

"Great. You can rest today until your head stops hurting, if you need anything just call me" She said as she looked at me. "Oh, and one more thing. Enough of your computer for today"

I watched in horror as she disconnected the cables from my computer and took the entire thing with her as she exited my bedroom.

Being left alone in my bedroom I stood still on my bed for a few minutes, just processing what happened. Was it all a weird dream based on that game my computer was running? Why couldn't I remember anything about it? Did every time I felt pain it was because of this headache I'm feeling now? All this questions began forming in my head as I looked at my own body, but everything looked exactly like I remember.

"There's one way to test it" I said as I extended my hand and tried to cast [Fireball], but nothing came out of my hand, no magic and no magicules.

"Okay, what about this?" I said before trying to activate a skill. "Who created the modern computers?"

[Modern computers do not have a specific creator as the base for them was created on already existing fundamentals made by countless people along history. The most famous figure, often depicted as "the father of computer science" is the British scientist named Alan Mathison Turing]

I immediately heard the answer, just like [Knowledge Library] would answer, but the answer actually came from my phone and not inside my head like it usually does.

The constant buzzing I was hearing on the back of my mind vanished after my phone finished speaking the answer to the question I had just asked and it was like you suddenly relaxed a muscle you didn't even know was flexed. 

I got up and opened my wardrobe, got some clothes and went to the bathroom. In the bathroom I took a warm shower, brushed my teeth and changed my clothes, putting the used ones on the laundry basket.

I left the bathroom and went to the dinner room, where my mom had placed a simple breakfast. As I sat down and began to eat the breakfast my mom had prepared, she came into the room by the door that led to the living room.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" She asked me.

"Better, actually" I answered her.

"Good. As you're better now, you're going to school. Finish eating and I'll take you there, today" She said with a smile.

I froze for a split second as I remembered what happened to me at school, and for that moment the buzzing on my head came back only for it to instantly vanish as I pushed those memories back inside my mind as just a dream.

"....okay" I managed to answer her.

After finishing eating and grabbingmy things, my mom brought me to school. The entire trip was just a blur as my anxiety shot through the roof and I felt the beginning of a headache incoming, but it never arrived.

At the school, the atmosphere looked dark and not something that I would expect from a school that has classes ranging from first year of elementary school up to the third year of high school. All the laughter of the kids studying in the school were there, but were muffled as if I had placed sound blocking earbuds.

I entered the building and it was as if all the colors drained from the world, leaving only blinding light and all consuming black. The buzzing on the back of my head that had disappeared earlier at home returned and threatened to become a full fledged headache again.

As I walked to the classroom where it had all happened in my dream, a sudden voice and a hand touching my shoulder caused me to jump and turn around like a scared cat.

"Hey, there you are" The voice belonged to my friend Alex. "Where were you? You didn't came to school in the past few days"

Right next to Alex was my other friend Leo, who looked equally worried and curious.

"Oh, hi guys. You scared me here, Alex" I answered her with a sigh of relief, even the colors around us seemed to return to normal.

"Is everything alright? You look pale" Leo asked me, to which I just shook my head.

"Just remembering a really bad dream" I answered.

"Did you dream about the exam we've had from Martins last week?" Alex asked as she laughed.

"Something like that" I lied.

"Well, you can rest assured. You won't be having this dream anymore, because now you'll be having dreams about the math exam we'll be having in about 20 minutes" Leo said smiling.

"Excuse-me, what?" I blurted out.

"Yeah, we'll have a math exam today. We sent you a text about it, didn't you read it?" Alex asked.

I shook my head in response.

"Oh…. I'm pretty sure you'll be alright" Leo said, dismissing any doubts that I might've had.

"Anyway, let's go to the class" Alex said as she and Leo began to walk towards the class before stopping after a couple meters and turning back at me. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah. Yeah, coming" I answered as I started walking behind them.

 

4