Chapter 67: Sci-fi In My Fantasy World?
155 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey guys, I'm sorry for the delay, ...again..., I've hit a creative block that I didn't managed to overcome yet, but at least I think it's going away. So anyway, here's the chapter

My eyes opened sluggishly as my entire body was hurting like I was put into a blender, my head felt like it could pop at a moment's notice. Everything I had experienced until now felt like a dream, but somehow the headache I was feeling somehow made me understand it wasn't a dream at all, even though I didn't understand much of what was happening or what that woman, Vida, was talking about.

I tried looking around but my body wasn't responding to my commands. When I tried to move my head, one of my legs moved, when I tried to move my legs, my wings moved.

As I tried to move around and various parts of my body moved instead of what I wanted to move, it was frustrating, but thanks to this I managed to get a glimpse of where I was. I was in a cave-like room and there were rocks on top of me that looked like they fell from the ceiling, considering there was a hole in the ceiling right above me with cracks that extended outwards. The only thing that stand out was a metal ball that was near my head, off course I appraised it and passed the results through [Knowledge Library]

[ Psychic Bomb. Psychic Bombs are a standard arcadian infiltration equipment as they allow the elimination of potential threats without killing the subject by exposing the target with a multitude of chaotic mid to high levels of psychics fields that cause mental confusion and loss of complex motor abilities ]

[ Downloading schematics and magical diagram…]

[ Success ]

The information hit my head like someone used my head as a baseball ball and hit it using a metal bat in full force, enough force for me to almost black out again but I managed to keep conscious as fire came out of my nose and eyes. If I was human, or at least in a human body, there would be blood dripping down my nose and eyes, but my body right now didn't had blood but superheated plasma that acted as blood meaning that whenever it entered in contact with air it ignited the air around it as it expanded and cooled off.

I stayed still for a few more minutes as the headache was starting to fade away, only when it was manageable I tried moving again, fully expecting to not be able to as when the information about the magical diagram got shoved inside my head its effects were also shoved as well. If I were to summarize what it does and complement the explanation [Knowledge Library] gave I'd say that what this little ball does to someone is basically putting their mind in a blender at full speed, it mess everything up, but at the same time only the last hour of memories are completely destroyed, everything else returns to normal after the target falls unconscious. The fact that when I tried to move when I regained consciousness I was still under the effects of the magic means that not a lot of time passed by after I was hit by it meaning that the disorienting effect should still be in effect but it could feel it weakening with each passing moment, [Abnormal Mental Condition Resistance] was grinding down the effects of the spell.

Soon enough I managed to get up, even though it was a little hard to do so as there was a lot of debris on top of me and my paw felt weird for some reason and somewhat smaller. I had no idea what was happening to my hand but it should be connected to the white spots I noticed around my body, considering most of my hand was actually white, and not just the color white, no, it was the kind of white something becomes when they're hot enough. Soon enough I was up and as my mental state became stable enough, my mind began to return to the events that happened a few moments ago, from my perspective that is, all the negative emotions that were starting to flood me vanished, together with some of the memories.

“I’ll be sealing a small part of your mind to avoid the disharmony it would cause. I’ll be unsealing them as time passes and your soul becomes more stable” A soft voice echoed inside my mind.

I could still remember the conversation I’ve had with the woman who called herself goddess of life; It was a little weird, having such a blaring hole in my mind that I knew was there instead of not knowing.

Shaking off my head I remembered where I probably was and why I was there, and all I could do was a facepalm.

“Why did I just go headfirst into a potentially deadly dungeon chasing something that was trying to create a monster horde?" I sighed at my own stupidity. "I can hit my head on the wall because of my stupidity later, first I need go at least get out of here"

Looking around the partially molten and destroyed room I found why my paw was feeling weird and why it was hot-white… in the ground some meters away from me in the middle of some red-hot stone I found another dragon's paw, tho it was only the paw as if someone cut it away with a sword. It was totally black and looked like it was made of some kind of fragile crystal that would break if I breathed too close. After a second of staring at that paw my heart sank because that wasn't a random paw in the room, it was my paw. Someone or something managed to cut my paw off and probably dropped the ceiling on me, probably trying to kill me, but it obviously didn't work as I'm alive. Looking at the white spots I had on my body and my white paw I reached the conclusion they were healing wounds, though why stay with a simple hypothesis when I could just google the answer?

[Whenever Solar Dragons get wounded, their blood begins to spray out of their bodies due to the difference in pressure inside and outside of their bodies. Whenever the plasma blood disrupts the magnetic layer that wraps around their entire bodies, it triggers the automatic response of their bodies and their magnetic field begins to concentrate on the wounded areas, stopping the plasma flow and trapping some of the plasma within it. As the plasma cools off it begins to solidify and after 3 weeks new scales grow where the plasma cooled off and the wound is healed]

"Yep" I thought, "hypothesis confirmed. Though 3 weeks? I was out for that long or did [Regeneration] and [Automatic HP Recovery] accelerate the healing process?"

[Information not available]

"Guess it was too much for me to ask my skill" Looking around the room again the only other thing I found was a pair of wood-like doors that were partially opened. Without anywhere else I could go I approached the door and peeked inside it.

Inside I found a furry creature that looked like it came out of a sci-fi show, it had what seemed like a futuristic armor, I didn't know if its head was inside of a helmet or the visor, I'm assuming it's a visor, is its face considering that its legs and arms were actually floating a few centimeters off its torso. It was in front of some kind of machine I had no idea what it did. The furry creature looked like it was messing around with the machine's controls. In the middle of the room, near the machine and the creature, was a small purple crystal sphere that was floating in the air, slowly spinning around its axis like a planet.

“Warning, safety protocols cannot be disengaged during flux reaction inside the quantum chamber” A female robotic voice coming from the machine said, in a different language than the one I was speaking outside the dungeon, if I was still inside the dungeon that is.

The furry created typed something in the screens and the machine spoke again.

“Override mode engaged. Warning, the safety protocols have been disengaged. Quantum pressure is increasing inside the reaction chamber” It said.

The furry creature typed something else and stepped back as a beam shot from the top of the device into the ground in front of the creature, creating a complex pattern that I barely recognized as a magic circuit due to its complexity. It took about ten seconds for the beam to stop and another beam to shoot from a small aperture in the machine into four parts in the magic circuit, it didn’t take too much for me to understand it was charging whatever magic it created. After the magic circuit was charged, the furry creature stepped on it and it began to glow.

In that moment, as the circuit spell glowed, a small piece of the ceiling , that already was breaking, broke off and fell right behind me, causing me to turn my head in the direction of the sound rapidly but there was a door in my head’s path and I headbutted the door, making a loud sound that caught the creature’s attention.

I had hit my head with such force it actually bounced away from the door and turned again towards the inside of the room, where I saw the furry creature with a sci-fi looking gun and pointing it at me, before the magic circle suddenly shone more intensely than before and the creature vanished inside the light of the circuit.

The only things inside the room were the machine, the purple crystal and a partially broken floor as what I assumed was a teleportation spell broke the piece of the floor where it was attached to. I looked inside for a few moments wondering what exactly did I saw when the machine spoke again.

“Temperature reaching critical levels. Containment failure is imminent” It said.

“Oh shit” I said as the metal of the machine began to glow red

2