Chapter 1: Life Start, Starting Spins
261 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(My first original story I've posted on this site. Tell me what you think)

My eyes shoot open as I'm met with the ceiling of my room. Sweat runs down my face and I'm breathing heavily, I remember having a dream but I can't remember for the life of me what it was about. But seeing as how I'm breathing like I just ran a marathon I'm assuming something happened to me at the end of it. Wiping the sweat from my forehead I laugh, just thinking about how worked up I am over some dream I can't remember a single thing about is actually pretty funny.

DING

That sound breaks me out of my laughter and makes my eyes narrow in on the floating blue screen in front of me. The screen is small and looks like something pulled straight from an RPG video game. The text in it is white and I have to squint my eyes to read it without sitting up.

[Welcome to IRL Gacha, are you ready to enter the game?]

"What's this? Did I fall asleep while playing a VR game or something?" I ask myself as I try to sit up, but I soon realize I can't move my body. "I-I can't move, why can't I move!" I shout in a panicked voice. Suddenly the text on the screen changes and the text now reads as such.

[For your own safety your body will be in a state of status until you accept the invitation to the game. Currently, time is frozen and while your arms can be moved any attempt to use them for anything outside of accepting the invitation will result in them also going into a state of statsuse]

"T-the hell? What do you mean my body will be in status?" Suddenly it hits me, this is a VR game, I just gotta take off the headset. I try to move my hands towards my head but my arms won't move. I can hear another ding, and the text on the screen begins to flash with some added text that says, press OK to start.

Gulping I figure that the only way out of this is to accept the invitation. So with a shaky arm, I move my finger to press the ok button. Once I do the text on the screen suddenly changes and now shows a screen with a greeting on it.

[Welcome to IRL Gacha, before you can truly start please confirm your information]

The screen suddenly changes to show information unique to me but something is off. All the information seems correct, Age:16, Height:172.1 cm, Weight: 59.5 kg, Birthday: September 29th, Game Name: -, Name: Error. Suddenly the screen's text changes again to reveal new text.

[Error, Name could not be found. Please select a new one]

Suddenly the screen changes yet again to show a blank box and underneath that box is a keyboard. Seeing this I grow confused. What does this screen thing mean by, name cannot be found? "What do ya mean my name cannot be found. My name is-" My eyes widen when I realize that I can't remember my name. Come to think of it I can't remember anything about my past. Friends, family, likes, dislikes, looks, I'm drawing a blank on every single one. Likely, I wouldn't even know my age if that wasn't on the previous screen. Looking around the screen I see a button next to the box where the name I type would appear. The button has the word random on it and not knowing where to even start with creating a name or trying to remember mine I click it.

The first name that appears is Jyugo Kite, that name doesn't sound familiar and I don't like the sound of it so I click the button again. The second name that pops up is Rokuna Hatsumi. Looking at this name for a second I decide to click a green checkmark that appears next to the random button.

"Has a nice ring to it, plus I bet it's a cooler name than whatever my previous one was," I state as I finally get feeling back in my body and quickly sit up.

[Thank you, Apologies for the error. With your name picked you can now enter your Game Name]

{Notice, this process can be skipped for the time being but will become mandatory before you enter an extraction, Raid, or Boss}

As more of these pop-ups show up, I grow more and more confused. I swing my hands to the left, it goes right through the screen and makes them vanish. I then start looking around my room and I see it's pretty barren. A desk in the corner, a bed pushed up against the wall, a tv on a small table opposite my bed with a game system pushed up against the TV's side. As I look around I notice a mirror above the desk in the corner. Walking over to it I can finally see my reflection and how I look. I have messy purple shoulder-length hair, crystal blue eyes, a birthmark underneath my left eye, my body is fairly built but nothing out of the ordinary. I have on a plain white tank-top and black sweat pants.

Looking down at the desk I suddenly get an idea. I quickly open the drawer and being to rummage through them, looking for anything that could give me a hint about who I am. However, all I find are journals that have what seems to be schoolwork in them. "Come on, there's nothing in here? I didn't keep a journal or something, not even a photo?" I say in anger as I slam the drawer shut. As the sound of slamming leaves the room, it's quickly filled by the sound of worries knocking on the door.

"Rokuna, sweetie are you ok in there? I heard something slam." Asks a feminine voice. My eyes dart to the door and I think about what the voice just said.

"Sweetie? Oh, I get it. Seeing as how I'm 16 that must be my mom. If I have any sisters I don't think they'd call me sweetie." I explain to myself as I move toward the door and grip the nod. "If anyone is gonna who I am it's gotta be my mom. So she's probably my best chance at figuring myself out." I open the door but then step back. My eyes widen in confusion and fear as I reveal what's behind the door. It's no woman, instead, there's only a black silhouette of what I can assume is a mature woman in her early thirties to layer thirties, or maybe just breaking into her forties at most. "W-what the hell is this?" I ask dispute no one being around to answer me and the thing in front of me not saying a thing.

Suddenly a new screen opens up but instead of the blue coloring, I've seen before this one is purple with a golden outline and green text. My eyes dart to it and I quickly read the text to try and understand what I'm looking at.

[Congraduation you've reached your first Gacha Spin. Usually, you'd spin and randomly get a character of a random rarity. These rarities being C: Common (grey), UC: Uncommon (Blue), R: Rare (Purple), SR: Super Rare (Silver), UR: Ultra Rare (Gold), and L: Legendary (Green). However, for your first spin, you are guaranteed an Ultra Rare character.]

As soon as I'm done reading this, another screen appears beside the one I just finished reading. This one has a dark blue button with a golden outline and the words on the button say Claim Your Free Summon. Above this button, there are images of mature women slowly appearing above it. There's only one image above the button at a time and after about ten seconds the image changes to show a brand new woman. Then the text on the original screen changes and now says,

[To start the summon please press the button that says Claim Your Free Summon]

"What? So my life has just become some kind of crappy Gacha game?" I ask myself as my head turns to look at the summoning screen again. "What's the point of this though? I mean are they really making me do some random summon to see who my own mother will be? Besides with no idea who I am, how am I supposed to be attached with this woman, it'll just feel weird and fake." I tell myself as I look at the black silhouette behind the two screens and feel a shiver run through my body. "Well, I guess anything is better than looking at that for the rest of my foreseeable life," I say as I slowly move my hand and press the free summon button.

Suddenly a blinding light fills the room, I quickly put my hands up to shield my eyes from the light.  said light quickly changes colors from grey, blue, purple, silver, gold, and green. Then out of nowhere it suddenly stops on the gold light. As light dyes down I slowly lower my arms and see that the once blank silhouette is now being filled in by someone. The fill-in starts with a pair of black heels, then as the silhouette continues to be filled in a black business suit is revealed along with a pair of larger than average breasts. Then when the head and face are revealed there stands a woman with long silky black hair with red highlights, eyes a deep shade of blue, and her skin is absolutely perfect. On her face is a kind smile that radiates warmth and along with that smile is a pair of red cat-eye glasses.

The two screens that appeared before the summoning vanish and are replaced by a brand new screen. This time the screen is the same shade of blue as the first couple of screens. However, this screen is not wide like the other screens, this one is long and after looking at it for a moment I can see this screen contains all the information for my "mother".

Name: Chiharu Hatsumi

Age: 39

Height: 63.7 inches

Weight: 176.4 pounds

Birthday: July 5th

Occupation: Human Resource Manager

Rarity: UR/Ultra Rare

Element: Dark

Class: Melee

Weapon Type: One-Handed Axes/Two-handed Axes

Star-Level: 5

Status: Can assist you in combat

Hp: 208

Magic: 133

Strength: 127

Defense: 132

Speed: 103

Agility: 87

Skill: 100

M Attack: 113

M Defense: 87

Special ability: Chiharu can heal anyone who's a member of her family, once per battle.

Backstory Summary: A loving mother who has three children. While her husband works overseas she works as a Human Resource Manager to provide for her family. She's extremely loving to her family and sometimes overly protective. Also, she's a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu {Raise Affinity to unlock more of her backstory

[Addition information will be presented when you part take in your Extortion, Raid, or Boss]

"I still have no clue what the hell is happening," I say under my breath swiping my finger to the left making all the screens in front of me vanish. As soon as those screens disappear a throbbing pain in my head starts. The pain is unbearable and while it starts in my head it runs through the rest of my body in less than a secondSuddenly I feel something land on my right shoulder, looking up I see a hand and it's the hand of Chiharu.

"Rokuna are you ok?" Chiharu asks as the pain subsides. "If you're not feeling well you can stay home from school today," Chiharu tells me as I shake my head before looking her in her face.

"No, no I'm fine mom, I just got up too fast," I tell her eyes my eyes suddenly widen. "Wait what did I just call her? Did I really just call her mom just now? Why? I have no memories of her plus I just summoned her out of thin air. So why did I just call her mom like it's second nature?" I ask myself as the pain in my head returns but only for a fraction of a second. "What the?" I say under my breath as suddenly when I think about my mom I can vaguely remember some memories but the specifics are very fuzzy.

"Well, if you say so. But just promise me you won't push yourself." My mother states as she embraces me in a tight hug. I don't return the hug at first, but then I realize that my arms have wrapped around her without even noticing it and I'm now returning the hug.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING!" I shout within the safety of my mind as we separate from each other.

"Why don't you come downstairs and grab breakfast. I made your favorite. Maybe you and your sister can walk to school together for once." My mother tells me as she leaves my room and walks down some stairs.

"Sister?" I question as I slowly peek my head out of the room. "If I run into her is she gonna be all blacked out like mom was? Am I gonna need to do that summon thing again?" Almost on cue, I hear a new voice behind.

"Morning." Turning around, I'm greeted by another black silhouette similar to the one mom, but this one is shorter. I see this a new screen pos up in front of me and it reads,

[Your second summons is also free. However, this time a specific rarity is not guaranteed. This one will be of a random rarity. Please select the free summon button when ready]

5