Chapter 2: Devastation and a Wolf’s Howl
342 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     After walking for a few minutes in the direction of the howl a scene comes into view. Over a short hillside battle unfolds before her, an army of men and woman wearing heavy armor and wielding swords, shields, bows, axes, and spears. They were running full speed towards what looked like a horde of little green men riding on top of huge wolves with large fangs and claws as sharp as iron.

     As the army nears the horde, the woman stands back and watches as carnage unfolds. (*clink* *clank* splish* *clink*)  as soon as the two sides collide the smell of blood, guts and bodily fluids wafts into the air. Men women and monster all fighting each other and one by one they fall and die in a display of blood, guts and gore. After an hour or more of constant raging and fighting the humans come out the victor. While there were massive casualties, the little green men along with their mounts were all wiped out! Thus the humans put away their weapons and grabbed anyone that was wounded yet still alive and began marching home. Leaving behind the field of gore and fallen warriors. While the battle was over the women fell to her knees in horror at the world she had walked into. She simply sat there looking out at the blood stained fields and for another hour contemplating how she would be able to survive in such a dangerous world. Eventually she gets up and starts moving in a different direction as it seemed that the sun was at its highest and she knew that this day would be long and tiring.

     After a few hours of walking in a certain direction she came across a broken wagon, it had been turned over onto its side and all of the passengers had been wiped out. Within the wagon lay the corpses of a family, a mother, a father and two children having been cut to pieces. Guards had apparently been hired by the family, however even they were not spared by the what they had been attacked by. Apparently the horde of green men that were wiped out by the army of soldiers back in the fields had killed this traveling family before running into the army. The proof of this was the bodies of several of the green men laying amongst the dead human corpses, some with stab wounds, some with arrows sticking out they their flesh and some burnt to a crisp. Seeing this made the women even more scared for her life. Wondering why she decided to walk through that stone door just hours earlier only made her regret having done so more and she lamented her fated choice with a loathing passion. As she scoured the wreckage for any sort of clothing or garment to wear, all she could see was the bloodied clothing that the family and soldiers wore. Deciding that there was nothing to put on, she decided to move on. As the women continued on her way, she had the passing thought that the green men must have taken anything extra as spoils of war.

     Soon hours passed and the women grew tired, the sun was falling behind the trees and her feet were aching with every step. "I guess I should hunker down for the night. It would be best if I started a fire." with that the women crafted a small firepit and sat there for the rest of the night, too tired to continue walking, but too cautious to let herself fall asleep since she knew that doing so would likely end in her death.

10