Chapter 8.2
257 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For a little while, it was quiet. It was like that awkward moment when neither of you knows what to say. Without saying anything, Keaira got up and opened the dresser that sat on the other side of the room. She pulled out the DVD player and came back to the bed. 

“So… I hope that you like Twilight. I know that it is a major misconception of vampires, but I love it. I sometimes imagine that I am Bella, but… I’ve never been the type to look for an Edward or a Jacob for that matter,” she said as she blushed. It was hard for her to hide blushing when the red contrasted with her pale skin. 

“Well, if you aren’t an Edward or Jacob fan, then who are you a fan of?” I asked. It was weird to hear someone say they weren’t a fan of either. Most girls either drooled over the more masculine Jacob or the smooth-talking, somewhat awkward Edward. Personally, I had always loved Bella.

She turned to me, blushing even more as she tried to hide her face. It was cute at how embarrassed she was becoming, though it kinda killed her goth persona. Hesitating, she looked up and said, “Alice.”

I looked at her in surprise. It wasn’t like I paid any attention to see if she was checking guys out or that she ever really mentioned anything about anyone she was interested in. I was too caught up in my own problems. But, at that moment, a curiosity snuck in. All this time, was she into me, and I was too blind to notice. I wasn’t going to say anything in case I was wrong. 

“Alice is amazing. She’s smart and very cute. She’s friendly to all but very protective of her family. She's intuitive and always has a bubbly demeanor.” I said, watching her face turn four shades redder. 

“She reminds me of someone else I know, though this person is oblivious of my feelings. I know it’s only been a week, but I have really been smitten by this person. I’m just afraid to tell them because I don’t want to scare them away.” She said, with a hint of sadness in her voice. Seeing the sadness on her face was killing me. 

“Well, I hope this person figures it out soon. They would have to have cataracts, not to see that you are amazing,” I said honestly. This seemed to cheer her up a bit.

“Yeah, I hope they do too. Now, let’s watch the movie,” she said as she powered on the DVD player. We laid on the bed, leaving just enough room for the DVD player to sit. With how small it was, we had to lay close to each other. Our sides were practically touching. It took everything in me not to wrap my arm around her. I didn’t want to freak her out. 

I don’t know when I ended up falling asleep, but when I woke up, two things became very apparent. The first was that I wasn’t in my own bed, let alone my own room. The second was that I couldn’t move. I couldn’t quite figure out why I couldn’t move, as I was still waking up. While attempting to stretch, I figured out why I couldn’t move. 

Looking down, I saw Keaira with her head on my chest. Her breaths were steady, meaning that she was still asleep. Without meaning to, I ended up spending the night with her in her room. I could only imagine what Ariel must have thought when she realized that I wasn’t in the room. 

“Mmm. This is the warmest pillow I have ever slept on.” I heard Keaira say before she stirred. As she became conscious of her surroundings, she gasped when she realized just what it was she was lying on. “Oh my god, I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to sleep on you. I don’t even remember going to sleep,” she apologized as she scrambled to get up. 

“That’s okay. I don’t remember going to sleep either. I don’t even remember the last part of the movie that I remember.” I said as I tried to calm her down. It was the nicest accidental sleepover I had ever had. 

“I hope I didn’t hurt you too badly,” Keaira said as she looked at me with horror in her voice. I wondered what she meant by hurt me. Then I felt it—slight pain in my neck. Reaching up, I felt my neck where the pain was. There were two puncture wounds. 

Apparently, while we were asleep, she had fed off me. Was that really a thing, feeding in your sleep. If so, then I needed to worry about Ariel. The last thing I wanted to do was end up feeding on her. Who knows what she would say if I did. 

“It doesn’t hurt that bad. Does this happen often?” I asked. She shook her head and hid her face in her pillow. I could feel the worry and regret that she felt. It was strange. I never really felt other people's emotions before. Not like this. It was as if I was feeling them myself. 

“Erm. We should probably eat breakfast.” Keaira said with her face still hidden by her pillow. I looked at her with confusion. She must have seen the confusion because she looked at me and said, “I am sure that Ariel is worried about you. Plus, I feel so embarrassed for laying on you and feeding on you in my sleep. I… was having a very good dream.” 

Once we had fixed ourselves, we headed out of her room and into the lounge. Ariel was already sitting at the table when we walked in. She sat her cup of coffee down on the table as she looked at me with a frown on her face.

“There you are. I got worried sick when you didn’t come to the room. I almost went to your aunt, fearing that something bad happened to you. 

“Nah, I was watching a movie with Keaira. Apparently, we both fell asleep,” I said, reassuring Ariel.

“Yeah, well, you could have at least said something so that I wouldn’t have worried,” she argued. I understood her worry, but it felt like I was getting scolded by my mom again. I took my ribeye from last night out of the fridge and sat down, and began eating it. 

“I am sorry that I made you worry. That wasn’t my intention. I had planned on watching the movie with her, then coming back to the room and going to bed. I wasn’t planning on falling asleep during the movie.” I said between bites. She seemed to accept this and then smiled. 

“So what did you watch?” Ariel asked though I thought I felt an underlined meaning behind the question. 

“Twilight. At least, that was what we were supposed to do. I don’t know how much of it I actually remember watching,” I said as I finished my Ribeye. Putting the plate in the dishwasher, I turned to Ariel and Keaira. “I am going to go take a shower. Wait for me here?” with that, I headed towards my room to get clothes, then headed towards the showers so that I could get clean and get ready for the day

17