3-Commencing System, Becoming a Human Again
699 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Commencing system installation.

Fusing the soul with solar tablet and lunar tablet.

Quest complete. Rewards: mythical creature form (active ability); a wisdom fruit.

Noting the stats.

Transforming the user’s race.

The system installation is complete. The user can summon the system window by saying ‘system’.

Will opened her eyes. That voice woke her up. She looked at the surroundings. The sky was dark, but she could see everything as clear as day. Her lower body was trapped inside the giant tree, while her upper body was bent-over.

The glowing leaves on the tree were getting dimmed. They completely went out as a glowing fruit fell and landed just before her. For some reason, she could see a text above the fruit.

Wisdom fruit

Description: The Tree of Full Moon can cultivate wisdom fruit every 1000 years. The harvest can be done on the next full moon. When consumed, the user gains 1000 spirit points. No side effect.

The fruit was presented in front of her as though it begged to be eaten. Will pulled her body forward and surprisingly she could get out of the tree easily. It was as though getting out from a pond of water.

As soon as her body had gotten out, she crawled toward the fruit and ate it. She looked at the surroundings. Luckily, no oddity was present. When she had consumed it, a voice rang out in her mind.

Gain 1000 spirit points as the moon human.

Will suddenly remembered she had got a system window. That meant she had become a Questar.

Questars are intelligent creatures that wielded supernatural power. What differentiates them from eldritch oddities is they had something called system window. She knew this knowledge because she attended a Questar college.

“How do I summon my system window?”

As she mentioned ‘system’, a screen appeared before her. There were three options on it: 1. Status window.2. Ability Window 3. Quests window. She clicked the first option and the text on the screen changed.

 

Name

Will Stuart

Rank

0

Species

Moon Human

Class

-

HP

19

MP

2046

P. Attack

3

M. Attack

107

P. Deff

1

M. Deff

52

Strength

6

Vitality

8

Agility

3

Spirit

1020

Intelligent

13

Luck

5

 

Will was shocked that she had high spirits and MP. She didn’t think too much of it. The surroundings were scary. She had to check her ability to know what she could do to survive.

 

Passive Ability

1. Night Vision. 2. Full Moon Murmuring. 3. Moon Synthesis

             Active Ability

1. Mythical Creature Form: Moon Seed

 

Will already knew the effect of Night Vision. She was sad because only rank five Questars could use Mythical Creature Form. Moon Synthesis was an ability to regenerate 10% of mana every hour at night.

Will sighed in disappointment. She didn’t have any offensive ability to defend herself against oddities. The last skill she had didn’t function at all.

Name

Full Moon Murmuring

Description

Moon humans have a high connection with high entities on the moon.

 

This ability makes them can communicate with not only moon entities, but various supernatural entities.

 

Can only work on the night of the full moon.

 

The crimson full moon hung high on the sky, but she couldn’t hear anything from supernatural entities. She didn’t know the reason. Maybe it was the best for her because she had learned in the college that supernatural entities are dangerous.

Will now checked her body. Her silver, long hair glowed. She assumed it was a trait of the moon humans. She was still sad that something she originally had between her legs had gone.

Will was naked now; she only wore a monocle on her right eye. She felt uncomfortable to walk because her big breasts would jiggle. She had to find a cloth somehow, but she had to find shelter first.

There were many ruined skyscrapers in the surrounding. Will obviously didn’t want to enter any of it. Who know what was hiding inside them.

Will approached the tree, thinking it was the best place to protect her. The surface of the tree was smooth. She wondered if she could climb it with her enhanced strength and agility.

When she was about to climb the tree, she noticed a gun on the ground. There was a text above it too like the wisdom fruit she had eaten.

 

Name

Demonic Magnum

Rank

0 (Sealed)

Description

This magnum revolver was originally a powerful rank 4 Questar artifact. A powerful Questar sealed its power. The user can upgrade this artifact by completing this weapon’s quests.

 

This weapon has nine bullets. It ate flesh and transformed it into a bullet. The more powerful the flesh, the stronger the bullet becomes.

 

By sacrificing two bullets, the user can activate the ability, Deadly Shot, which deals 2.5x damage and has a 25% chance of instant killing the target of the same rank.

 

Damage: 1.5*P. Attack

 

User: Will Stuart

 

“I see the text again. I don’t have the ability to appraise things. Is it the power of monocle?”

Will took her monocle and tried to see the text above it. She didn’t see anything. She looked at the revolver on the ground. The text had disappeared. “I was right.”

Will wore the monocle again on her right eye. The text above the revolver appeared again.

As soon as she picked up the revolver, two messages entered her system. One went into the ability window and the other into the quest window.

Will was about to check them, but she suddenly glanced upon a question mark that was floating on the ground.

Under the question mark was a mound. Something was buried inside it. Will quickly dug it. She was afraid something terrifying would show up if she lingered in this open area for a long time.

Will wiped her face. She looked at the wooden box at the size of an average human head. Three items lied inside it; a mirror, a ring embedded with a red ruby, and a doll that resembled his father.

Will caressed the doll. She missed her father so much.

The doll suddenly turned alive. Four wings extended from his back and he floated. As he spread his arms, a grey field formed in front of him and expanded.

“Will, you can be ease now. I have stopped the time inside this field. No one can move aside from people who have touched this doll.”

“Dad, is that you?”

“This doll is just a recording with enough intelligence to answer questions. I’ve buried that box around 500 years ago. You have slept for one thousand years. The world has changed. I don’t have time to explain many things. First, the mirror inside the box is called the Mirror of Acting. You can conjure clothes. You can try it by rubbing it and imagine the clothes u want to wear.”

Will rubbed the mirror and imagined she was wearing trousers and a trench coat with a casual shirt underneath.

The mirror emanated mist and enveloped her. When it disappeared, Will had worn the clothing she had imagined.

“Convenient, right? But, you need to remember every questar artifact has side effects. This mirror’s side effect is you have to act according to the clothes you wear or else you will attract a mysterious entity.

“The second item is called Spatial Ruby Ring. You can store items inside it. The side effect is you have to sacrifice ten items every day or else it will consume your item that’s stored inside it randomly. You can sacrifice stones or grasses.

“The third item is called Crystal Monocle. It has two uses. First, it can block the whispers from mysterious existences. Note this, mysterious existences are dangerous. It can corrupt you. However, some of them can benefit you. The second usage is it has the ability to appraise many things. The side effect is you will experience constant nightmare when you sleep.”

The doll explained many things, but she could remember it thanks to her high intelligence.

“I have done my purpose, Will. Dad will disappear again. I don’t know my whereabouts. Forgive me. Now that you have become a human again. I bet you have consumed the wisdom fruit and gotten 1000 spirit points.

“Spirit point influences your ability to resist madness, corruption, and many things. However, the higher your spirit, the stronger the mysterious existences that will notify you.

“This is a bit dangerous, but you can take advantage of your Full Moon Murmuring ability tonight. Try to connect yourself to Arcane Master. Ah….”

The doll suddenly crumbled bit by bit. He pressed his top silk hat and said, “My time has come. This place is called the Ruin of Blueport City, a very dangerous place. That’s why you want to ask assistance from Arcane Master. I have a good relationship with him. Goodbye, Will. This tree is a safe place at night of the full moon.”

The doll became dust. Time flowed again. Suddenly, she heard an earth-shattering roar. Behind the skyscraper far from him, an ugly, gigantic head jutted out. His skin was black like asphalt. He had one eye in the middle of his head.

“What is that? It is taller than a skyscraper!”

Will hid behind the tree to escape from his gaze. The giant looked at the tree and started to approach it. The earth shook as the giant took a step.

Will gulped. Her mind told her to run.

9