4-Fighting an Eldritch Oddity
523 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Will climbed the tree in a panic. Even though the log was smooth, she surprisingly could do it well. She clutched to a branch, hiding behind the thick leaves.

From the gap of the leaves, she saw the giant stood far from the tree as though he was afraid to get near. She bet the oddity was confused about why the tree stopped glowing.

Will sighed in relief when it went away. After a while, she decided to test her ability. She took off her monocle.

Full Moon Murmuring!

Nothing happened after several minutes had passed. Will was confused. “Eh, do my ability fak—”

A buzzing sound rang out in her head. Her vision blurred. Following that, she heard many incoherent murmurs.

Will felt a headache. Her quest window filled with incoming notifications. Whoever whispered to her mind, they wanted her to accept their quest.

Among many voices, she heard three slightly clear voices. Those three beings whispered the same thing, “Moon, moon, moon….”

Will noticed her body started transforming. The first sign was her hand became wiggly. She immediately wore the monocle again. The whispers vanished and her body turned normal again.

“That was dangerous. How am I supposed to contact Arcane Master with that ability?”

Will checked her quest window. There were 123 quest requests they left behind. She read one. It was a request by a being called Ozhyx’li. It was a simple quest; she had to become their follower and the reward was an offensive ability.

Will decided this being was suspicious and read another quest. Those quests had simple requests, but they were very suspicious. She was about to lose hope, but she finally found a non-suspicious quest.

Dr. Horror’s Request

Description

Dr. Horror wants you to find Mr. Comedy’s whereabouts in Ruin of Blueport City. When you accept this quest, Dr. Horror can connect to your soul.

 

Reward: one wish.

Accept

Decline

 

“Uh, no. This quest is still suspicious. This is the last quest, though. I don’t know if Arcane Master sends me a quest request. What to do?”

Will closed her eyes and pondered. Even though she just woke up from 1000 years of sleep, she still remembered her life as an oddity. It was tiring to think of it. She didn’t realize she had fallen asleep again.

When she opened her eyes again, it was already morning.

Will just realized her clothes had disappeared again. But, she was shocked. The thing that had disappeared between her legs came back to her, no, him. His breast was flat and square-shaped. He became a man again.

“How is this possible?”

Will plucked a strand of his hair. It was brown-colored. He summoned the system and looked at his race.

 

Name

Will Stuart

Rank

0

Species

Human

Class

-

HP

22

MP

18

P. Attack

4

M. Attack

4

P. Deff

1

M. Deff

1

Strength

9

Vitality

9

Agility

6

Spirit

7

Intelligent

9

Luck

3

 

Will felt complicated. He was happy he came back to be a male again, but his spirit became normal.

Will shook his head. He conjured a sheriff clothing from the Mirror of Acting.

Will climbed down slightly, clutching against the trunk, looking at the surroundings. Things were quiet. He remembered something from his college. Dangerous oddities appeared at night. He braced himself to come down.

“I think I won’t accept any quest first. I will investigate the surroundings and find a safe place as a shelter. This tree is only safe at night of the full moon according to dad.”

Will summoned the Demonic Magnum from the spatial ring. He dressed as a sheriff. So, he had to act like a genuine one. He began the investigation.

Will decided to go in the opposite direction of the giant he saw last night. Each time he took a step, his heart was racing wildly. Though the atmosphere was quiet, he didn’t know what he would meet onward.

Will was walking in the middle of the street. He was afraid to get near the skyscrapers. From his memory as an oddity that led his followers to attack this city, he knew there was forest beyond the wall. His uneasiness increased as his stomach felt sick.

As he reached a cross-junction, a black-skinned oddity was feasting on its prey. It stood on two hooves. It had a lizard-like tail that was covered in long spikes. Its claw-like hands forced meat into the mouth. Its sharp teeth chewed in gusto. It didn’t have eyes, but it had rabbit-like ears.

Will was barely pushing himself forward. So, he wasn’t prepared when he saw an oddity. Currently, he faced its right side and could see a green bar above its head.

Will recognized what was that, but he didn’t bother to react at the moment. He stepped back silently. The oddity’s rabbit-like ears suddenly moved and it looked into his direction.

Will stopped moving. He didn’t know whether the oddity was fast or not, but it was alone. It was a chance to test his might too. He gripped his magnum tightly and pointed it at his opponent.

There was a brief silence between them as though this was a duel between cowboys. The oddity took the first move. It kicked the ground and bolted at him. A voice sounded in his mind.

The mutant rabbit used Blink.

Mutant Rabbit oddity appeared behind him. It roared, producing an invisible wave.

The mutant rabbit used Impact Roar. You are stunned for two seconds.

Will couldn’t move. The oddity tackled his body to the ground. Following that, its claws pierced into his shoulders. It bit his back neck. He screamed in pain.

You lost 2 HP. You lost 2 HP. You are bitten, losing 1 HP every second.

HP

18/22

 

Will tried to clear his mind. He had 18 seconds left to live. He hardly moved his right forearm forward and stuck it into the oddity’s head. He pulled the trigger and the revolver bounced off from his hand.

You dealt 8 damage to the enemy.

The oddity flew back from the damage. It rolled on the ground. Will took the chance to retrieve the revolver that fell not far from him.

When he had picked it up, the oddity had disappeared. Will followed the trails of blood on the ground and saw it climbed the skyscraper. He gritted his teeth. “This oddity is smart. I won’t let you go!”

Will aimed at its head. His shot was misfired to its back, but the oddity fell.

You dealt 8 damage. You slew the enemy.

Will felt proud and satisfied. He approached the oddity. This black rabbit-like oddity was fast. His HP decreased to 13/22.

When he knelt beside it, the revolver trembled. A message appeared before him.

Do you want to let the Demonic Magnum eat the flesh? You can’t get the drop if you choose yes.

Yes

No

 

7