6-Rank-up Quests
348 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Will ran to a random direction in panic. He kept chanting, “The Ruler from another world; the King of Souls; the Sole Controller of the Primordial Idiot; the Curer of Nightmares; Dr. Horror.” Sometimes, he looked back, but the woman still chased after him. She was getting closer.

Will took off his monocle and wore the mask. He put the monocle back into the right eye socket. He didn’t forget to keep chanting Dr. Horror’s honorific calling. Suddenly, the space distorted and changed into a place that was surrounded by purple smog.

Will looked back and saw the woman had vanished. However, he couldn’t relax yet as he was teleported to an unknown place. He was floating. Under him was someone’s bedroom.

A boy was sleeping on his bed. A mysterious shadow lied beside him, caressing the boy’s face with his long nails.

This shadow had a glistening red face with a pair of horns on the forehead. He suddenly looked up and pointed at Will angrily.

Will continued to chant Dr. Horror’s honorific calling. The space distorted again. This time he came back to a place with black smog. The ghost woman who kept spouting blood found and chased him again.

This place is dangerous. If I am not careful, I will be teleported to someone’s dream. How can I focus to find the way out of the city if I am chased?

As he finished chanting Dr. Horror’s honorific calling again, the space distorted again. However, this time he noticed something. Not all spaces were distorted. It was fuzzy, but a certain spot was still normal while other spots were affected.

Will didn’t plan to go to the non-affected spot, though. He leaped to a distorted spot. As the upper half of his body entered it, his legs were grabbed and he was pulled out of the distorted space.

The enemy used Drain Touch toward you. You took 5 damage. Losing 1 HP every one second.

Will struggled to make his legs free. As he turned back, the woman was ready to pounce him. He was just finished chanting the calling as he kicked her face. He was surprised when she exploded and turned into smog.

You have slain a banshee with a kick that is enchanted by an honorific calling.

“Ah, believe in Dr. Horror. Praise Dr. Horror.”

Will chose to take the banshee’s dropping. He got an item called Crystal Blood. When the monocle looked at the description, it was apparently classified as a rank 0 Questar item.

By chanting Dr. Horror’s honorific calling, he could kill opponents on the same rank with just one hit. He praised Dr. Horror once again and continued to walk.

Will found out the distorted place couldn’t teleport him if he looked at the reality under his feet. Looking down, he realized he had traveled far from his original position.

Will was still wary about this place. The oddities here could appear suddenly from nowhere. When he confronted a group of oddities, he entered the distorted space.

Will had had an idea to let Dr. Horror teleported him into someone’s bedroom, but the latter suddenly whispered into his head, “They are the dream world. I will teleport you in the nightmare region only for your own safety.”

“Dr. Horror, is that you? Can I teleport in any spirit world aside from the location above the Ruin of Blueport City?”

“I don’t recommend it. Too dangerous.” Dr. Horror’s voice echoed several times before it completely vanished. Will didn’t get a response when he called him again.

After Dr. Horror’s explanation, Will got to know that he could only teleport back and forth from the dream world to the nightmare region and otherwise.

Will got a feeling he could teleport to spirit worlds too from this Nightmare Region’s distorted spaces. He still didn’t know the difference of spirit and dream worlds.

Will kept avoiding oddities in a group and confronted a single oddity. He had arrived above the forest outside of the ruin safely.

Quest complete. Moving to Club Genre’s meeting room.

Will found himself sitting on a chair with a long back. Dr. Horror who sat in front of him was tapping the table.

“Congrats, you completed the quest in one hour. You can choose a rank 1 Questar item as your reward.”

“Thank you, Dr. However, I don’t know much about Questar items. Can you give me advice on what to choose?”

Dr. Horror nodded and explained, “Questar items refer to ingredients and artifacts. You can look at your rank-up quest. It will tell you what ingredients you need to have to rank-up.”

Will opened his quest window. He had three rank-up quests. The first quest was from the solar tablet. The second was from the lunar tablet.

Solar Tablet’s Rank-up Quest

Class

Flame Priest (Rank 1)

Flame Priest is a job that’s excel in exorcising spirit oddities, flame magic, burning mental ailments, and healing.

 

Tasks:

-Gather 250gr of rank 1 flydust’s pollen(0/1)

-Gather 500gr of volcano stones (0/1)

-Gather 250gr of spirit chamomile (0/1)

-Burn all ingredients in a pot and inhale the smoke for one minute (0/1)

 

Lunar Tablet’s Rank-up Quest

Class

Moon Enchantress (Rank 1)

Moon enchantress excels in runes enchantment. They have various supernatural abilities like telepathy, telekinesis, and conjuring mana shield. They have high resistance against corruption too.

 

Tasks:

-Gather 1 liter of rank 1 spirit attribute oddity’s blood (0/1)

-Gather 200gr of light attribute plant (0/1)

-Gather 300gr of Pixie Crystal (0/1)

-Set up a Lunar Moon Circle using the ingredients and stand in the middle of it (0/1)

 

“Classes are either made by Questars or Primordial Ones. They are carved into quest tablets. Each class has different rituals to rank-up,” Dr. Horror said.

“I have two rank-up quests. Is it normal to have a double class?”

Dr. Horror nodded. “It is possible. It is dangerous for you to know now. If you become a high-rank Questar, I will allow you to ask.”

“In my college, they said learning higher knowledge than your rank will make you berserk.”

“Indeed. The threat from madness is severe. The higher your rank, the closer you are to the madness. You have to remember this.”

“I will remember this lesson. By the way, if the threat from madness is very dangerous, should I choose to rank up Moon Enchantress class first? Actually….”

Will explained about his rank-up quests to Dr. Horror; he recommended him to rank up Flame Priest class first because his girl version was already strong in spirit.

“I have decided. I want 250gr of rank 1 flydust’s pollen,” Will said. A small box appeared on the table as he blinked his eyes.

“That’s your item. You can exchange your Questar items with me. It will be an equivalent exchange.”

Will’s eyes shone. He took out several items from his ring onto the table. They were quite a lot in numbers. “These are the items I’ve got from killing oddities outside. Can I exchange them for both classes’ ingredients?”

“You can except for rank 1 spirit attribute oddity’s blood. the rewards include a manual of how to set up Lunar Moon Circle.”

The ingredients he wished suddenly appeared on the table while his former items disappeared. Will put them into his ring.

“You can leave. Now that you are an official member of my organization. You have to attend a weekly meeting on Friday night. It is tonight. Find a safe place to hide until night and rank-up immediately. Go.”

The space distorted. Will’s vision blurred. When he blinked his eyes, he realized he was lying on the ground. He saw a lot of trees in the vicinity. He stood up and observed his surroundings.

“I think this place is safe. I am really teleported outside of the city. Praise Dr. Horror.”

4