Chapter 13
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night in the dungeon the three brothers finally felt the chains completely crack and they managed to free themselves from the chains. Their wrists were full of burns, but their eyes were filled with hope.

As they were about to use the key to sneak out of the dungeon, the three brothers looked at each other in hesitation. Why hesitation? They were conflicted about leaving their fellow villagers behind, but they remembered Locke's warnings.

What were they to do? When they were still in self doubt, they heard some unsettling screams from one of the chambers. A sinking feeling rose in their throats, but they steeled themselves and moved cautiously, making as little a sound as possible.

They made their way to the area which was the source of the screams, only to see a group of guards torturing the villagers while a young man watched on with a cruel expression while sitting on the wheelchair.

"You seemed to enjoy beating me that day, didn't you? I remember every one of your kicks. Cry. Cry until your throat runs hoarse. Guards, keep breaking his fingers and toes!" Jain growled in rage and fury.

"No, please, no! Aaah!" The prisoner, a villager from Herish began screaming from the top of his lungs.

The three brothers grit their teeth. Tears were flooding out of their eyes while only rage was directed at the man in the wheelchair. One of the brothers exposed almost rushed forward to blindly attack, but the other two held him back.

They calmed themselves and counted their opponents. Almost fifteen guards had gathered here. From the time when they had been dragged in, the brothers had observed only twenty or so guards. They quickly decided to sneak around the dungeon and take out the lone guards first. They could only give up on the villager for now.

The three spread out, quietly observing and scanning the crannies of the dungeon. They quickly found lone guards, guarding entrances to the key points of the Dungeon. 

A lot of the guards had been lost during the battle, some of whom were dungeon guards. Finding new guards, training them and hiring them from within the small population of the Barony would take time.

The three brothers quietly tackled these single guards, knocking them unconscious and then undressing them and wearing their armor. They now had weapons and armor...and the element of surprise.

"That monster, Jain has to die today. When we grow stronger, we will return for the other brother." The three said to each other.

When they returned to the torturing scene, the screams hadn't yet died down. Though, they had a terrifying and deathly quality to it. It was as if the villager had lost his soul, but his body was still reflexively screaming from the immense pain. His flinging around meant that three guards had to hold him tight, while another two were busy torturing him. The other ten were hooting and whistling, as if watching a play.

The hearts of the three brothers ran cold. These guards,weren't they from villagers like theirs as well? How could they find torturing innocent villagers like that man fun?

Making use of their familiar armor, the three blended in, before quietly using their sword to stab the soldiers in front of them in the back of their neck. Three soldiers fell dead immediately. Before the others could realize what happened, three more were punctured to death. By now, the remaining had realized what happened. The five inside the chamber were fumbling for the keys, while the four remaining outside were quickly being taken care of by the three brothers.

It had to be said that the three brothers seemed to have incredible potential and learning skill when it came to combat. Just one life and death war had helped them grow immensely. Jain saw that, and immediately realized that if they lived they would become an immense threat to his life. 

"Kill them!" He screamed maliciously, but that was all he could do. The three brothers had already handled the last four soldiers outside the chamber. The soldiers inside had flung the tortured villager to the side as they scrambled to come out, but became easy pickings for the three brothers. 

In the end, the three brothers stopped. Their bodies were filled with bruises. Three men taking down fifteen in a fire fight was no small feat. And their opponents were rigidly trained guards. After minutes of gasping for air, they finally turned towards Jain.

The boy on the wheelchair sneered at them. Even now, in certain death he had no fear in his eyes.

"You want to kill me? Go ahead! I'm not scared of you!" He shouted, louder than he intended.

"Are you trying to alert the remaining guards? We killed them first." The brothers mocked, before the eldest grabbed Jain by the neck. He smashed Jain's head into the metal barricade, dragging it across the jail's door.

Jain screamed in pain as his head constantly collided with thick, rusting iron rods. The rust would flake off from the impact and poke the skin of his face and eyelid. His face was bleeding constantly.

"Death isn't enough for you. I'll make you wish you wanted death!" The man said as he threw Jain into the ground. The three brothers began kicking him with all their might, over and over. Their rage and anger at the tragic events of the past week flashed through their eyes as the kicks unceasingly hit the increasingly unresponsive paraplegic. When the three brothers came to their minds, they finally stopped. Only to see that Jain had turned into a mush of crushed flesh.

Sighing, the three brothers quickly freed all the prisoners. Yes, all. They left with the villagers, while the Barony was left to deal with the other prisoners they had captured. This was the three brothers' final punishment before they escaped in search of power to freely take their revenge. When they would return, Trive would forever regret it. 

They turned once again towards the mansion, silently thanking their benefactor, Locke the Noble's bastard as he had put it when they first met, for his help. It was now time to leave. It was the beginning of the story of the three brothers - Aldebaran, Alderamin and Algol.

1