Prologue- reborn with horns
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It happened so fast, as if time slowed down, that exact moment when you're memories flash before you're eyes but, a person shouldn’t be seeing their own body mere seconds from death. Standing there paralyzed at the scene, trying to scream for help at the scene but nothing came out. A figure dressed in black stood next to me.

“Well, that quite unfortunate,” said the figure

Looking at the figure with teary eyes and a voice that doesn’t want to come out. 

“That car came out of nowhere,” said the figure while looking at me on the floor full of teary eyes.  

“HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, WHY AM I SEEING THIS?” I yelled out in agony. 

 “Well you died in that exact moment, that sucks, but you are a rare exception in this case,” said the figure.

“HOW…” I shouted but cut off from no sound coming out. 

“Oh, excuse my terrible manners, my name is Damian, and as for how well you're mother came to me for help, a deal was struck and you were born but now there’s a problem your life ended before your time was officially up,” said Damian.

After stopping the tears of shock I stood up looking at the figure. “My mom came to you for help,” I asked.

“Yes she did, I’m just here to uphold the rest of my deal” 

“That is,” I asked 

“For you to live on until you're time is out, well officially anyway” said Damian.

“So how will that work since I’m dead,” I asked.

“I will send you to another world, and you get to live your marry live till you're candle fizzles out,” said Damian.

stopping all the tears from flowing.

“Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t consider what you said but time is paused and I’m dead, So how do I get to this said new world,” I asked.

“I’ll just teleport you there, anything else would be a hassle,” said Damian.

Standing near the crash I saw black feathers fall down from the sky, looking sideways Damian was gone and without warning felt my body burning with pain all over. My vision went darker with every passing second and the screams in the background drowning out; from darkness to light I saw white figures moving about but with a discoloured one moving closer to me tan it all turned dark again.

The kingdom of Gacrux 

Walking down the fiery corridor drawing ever closer to the end, the warm flames surrounding me felt stifling as my mind was clouded by memories I've never seen and a world that looked surreal, walking to the door covered by blue flames, knocking on the door without haste ignoring the warmth of my surroundings.

"You may come in" grunted a voice beyond the door.

Walking in beyond the blue flames, a large desk laid in the centre of the room surrounded by the folds of books stepping in the room with a prideful look on my face. 

"You asked for my lord," I asked

A large figure appeared behind the desk dressed in a neat suit that was darker than the night sky with horns protruding from his skull.

"Yes I did, it about the recent incident within the royal clan there seems to be someone who wishes harm upon their fellow kinship, I want you to find whoever they may be and end their life on the spot than report back to me with the corpse of the person after you're done with your mission" muttered the man.

"Yes I'd be my pleasure sire," I said feeling prideful.

Walking out the room feeling an intense migraine, collapsing on my knee, as I see unfamiliar people flashed in my mind, a nearby guard walking towards me.

"What is wrong sire, do you need help?" the guard asked.

"I'll live on, don't worry about me," I  answered.

5 DAYS LATER

The days continued and the migraines got worse but no one knew about them but that didn't stop the mission progress with every clue I drew closer to the head.

The servants who fell ill to the idea of turning against their own Lord, I tortured and branded them.

Walking up the staircase, I felt my heart pound faster anticipating who was behind the doors that stood atop the flight of stairs.

Pushing the Door open it cracked with age, a room enveloped in darkness, with a single dash of light coming in from the window, with a maiden next to it.

"So your responsible for this whole mess," I asked.

"Whatever do you mean?" Said the figure.

that voice.

"Well, word on the grapevine says that you're leading a coup against father cause you disagree with his policies," i asked. 

Walking in the room the figure became clearer, a silky like red dress shone brightly in the darkness, walking closer to the door the figure stood next to the bed.

"Wait, mother!"

"Ah yes, well I and you're uncle decided that a man like your father isn't fit to rule," my mother confessed.

"Don't tell me you're having an affair with uncle" i questioned. 

"What that old fool" she laughed at the mere suggestions.

"Look have more faith in your mother, i wouldn't let that old fool follow his brother's reign I'm just using him for now," she said crudely while her face was plastered with a prideful smile.

"Would it be possible to end all of this without any bloodshed" i pleaded.

"Well, unfortunately, i can but that wouldn't be fun, all those that know will have to be wiped out of existence cause they are a nuisance later on" she answered bluntly. 

"That's quite unfortunate," i said. 

This followed by a hard migraine with a large flash of memories as i saw a young man sitting in a room, a man I've seen in all the flash of images, a white room with a table full of cards, kneeling on the ground grunting in pain.

"Ow my whatever could be wrong with you, well since you're in pain let me help you from it, by executing you on the spot" she yelled fanatically while laughing.

Standing in front of me she cast a spell.

"Demon executioner acrux come before me and lend me your blade" 

a sword cloaked in dark flames appeared from a magic circle a with a swift slash, I managed to block it at the expense of shattering my casted shield into pieces. 

"Well look at this little boy still has vigour (and with an annoyed look that wiped out all the beauty from her face) why won't you die just die, you aren't needed in my new kingdom" she yelled with frustration.

Barely conjuring enough shields for every strike, feeling overwhelmed from the strikes and the severe headache. 

"Die, die, die you little…" cutting herself from the blinding light that shined from below me.

"What is this, what is this light" 

A magic circle appeared under me, my body felt heavy till the point where I was lighter than air it's self, realising I was cloaked in white light, starting around I saw a white figure drawing closer to me.

 

0