6:41 p.m. – Entry-Exit Gate
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

And so I've arrived at this "gate". It is what lies between the solicitude of the residence within it, and the bustling modernity of the world beyond it. Almost as if it were a protector shrine preserving the state of the residence within from change. Once I walk beyond this gate, I would be out of the confines of the residence. I would truly be back to the "modern" part of this place. 

The stark contrast between both places can really be felt here. Not too far back, I could hear none of the sounds I am hearing now - the busses driving by with their low rumble, motorcycles zipping past, people and their footsteps; it is only minutes ago that none of these things could be heard. It really does show how contrasting both worlds have become - both by nature and by their coexistence on the same island. 

I believe these kinds of places exist within all parts of the world, and should we seek them out, we will be able to find them. They are the ones hidden within the nook and crannies of the cities, the corners and edges of a province, and rightly so, they will reward you in solicitude for the effort you expend to find them. It is only because its hard to find them that there are so little people present to disturb its solicitude; it is only because few people have tread upon its path that their recluse becomes such of a unique one, and it is because of this special set of desires and requirements that make the people who pursue such places become unified under the guise that we live on this world to tread lightly - not to stampede on the green grass of the endless summer field. Pristine things would no longer be that way should humans tread too much on them, and why should this be the inherent result of our existence?

And perhaps one day you would come along too, to tread lightly on the paths only the few of us will. 

 


 

0