A fake smile
558 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wrote this chap like a man possessed. I didn't start writing till 2 hours before update time and somehow I finished it. I spent the entire day reading Plague Doctor which is a good novel and then fucked around discord before I saw the time and wrote this chap.

Also first fight scene so would like some feedback.

Anyway here you go~

[1800 words]

-----------------------------------------------------

 It was a serene scene. The sun shone high over the earth and crickets chirped as the humidity rose.

In a park, a different type of scene was taking place. Three boys who looked no older than 10 had gathered around an area of the park. They had furious expressions on their face and all of them had different features.

 

The tallest amongst them was a boy with fish-like features, specifically of a shark stood in a fighting stance with his fists tightly clenched.

 

“You won’t be able to beat us this time you little villain!!” he said.

 

“Yeah...Aniki is right, we have come prepared this time..”another boy replied. This boy had no strong features on his face but had a rather round body for a boy his age. His hands appeared to be made of some sort of rubbery material as the way they stretched was too strange. 

 

“Just give up, maybe we will go easy on you..sssss~.” a pale skinned reptilian boy said letting out a hiss as he coiled his rather sharp tongue. He had snake-like eyes with two holes for a nose and had a scaly skin.

(A/N: kid voldemort lmao)

 

These three boys were Kisaru, Gomu and Orochi, three common orphans. They didn’t know how many times they had lost but they were sure they were going to win this time.

 

The person they were referring to just rolled his eyes and said in an exasperated tone, “Do you really have to speak  every single time you ‘ambush’ me? Honestly even those third rate villains in shitty comics are better than you.”

 

This person was Akira Fujiwara, a man….er boy who had been reincarnated in a world he thought to be fictional as a test subject. He was even given a quirk or superpower which was rather handy if used correctly.

 

He was seven years now and had grown two more inches over three years. It seemed that his sudden growth spurt was short as he hadn’t hit it again. 

 

His face had less baby fat now and showed signs of handsomeness or at least that's what he thought.

 

Coming back to three boys in front of him, they were the ones who had spread rumours about him around the orphanage. Of course, the matrons didn’t pay any heed but some kids did but no one was brave enough to do anything but ignore him except these three.

 

He had wanted to crush them and make them submit to him in fear thereby making everyone else stay away when he found out they were idiots.

 

He couldn’t fathom how they even spread the rumours and was expecting them to be smart, at least by their age standards but he realised they spread it because they believed what the oaf on tv spouted.

 

While he still wanted to crush them, he saw an opportunity in them. He needed a way to test his quirk and no one would come voluntarily, not after it being declared ‘villainous’.

 

That's where these three came in, when they saw that he was not fazed by people badmouthing him and talking behind his back, they decided to get physical.

 

The first time they attacked Akira, he was hard pressed to clench victory but he somehow managed to win by getting them to underestimate him. He learnt new limits for his quirk like how he couldn’t use his quirk on multiple targets directly.

 

He could only cause indirect damage and since he was using it on multiple targets, it tired him faster so he learnt how to use it efficiently and conserve it.

 

The other kids left him alone after that time as he had been quite ruthless with them and they needed to be hospitalized a few months to recover. The matrons except Ayame had not been happy and gave him harder chores till they recovered, their justification being that since he had been the one to injure them, he had to do their chores too.

 

Akira didn’t like doing chores and the idea of doing more annoyed him, fortunately Saya was there and she was physically stronger than him so he made her do the chores for him.

 

He knew making her work for free might build up revulsion as very few people like working for free and Saya wasn’t one of those people so he spent some time teaching her various subjects.

 

She had been the one to ask him to teach her which surprised him but since it was simple, he agreed.

 

Kisaru, Gomu and Orochi had one thing in common, they were all stubborn to the core and couldn’t tolerate the fact that Akira beat them and so they challenged him again.

 

Akira had been prepared so he won more comfortably and he could have crushed their wills but he refrained as he needed voluntary training dummies.

 

Their ‘fights’ became common to the point that the matrons ignored it for the most part treating it as children fighting which was quite common.

 

Akira also made sure not to injure them badly and not to get injured himself. He had always been a fast learner in many fields and while he never had any experience even in his previous life, he quickly found their weakness.

 

They had the size advantage as well the numbers advantage so Akira changed his fighting style to one that targeted weaknesses. He found gaps in defense and capitalized on them.  

 

Of course he had to focus on his defense too so he raised his pain tolerance slowly while at the same time increasing his dodging skills.

 

His opponents were not too bright so they never noticed how Akira got hit many times in some fights while in others, they couldn’t even land a hit on him. The fights almost looked choreographed with the way Akira fought them.

 

The human body is good at adapting so even though Kisaru, Gomu and Orochi always lost, they did gain something at the end of it.

 

Akira reckoned they might get into U.A if they put in more effort and raised their intelligence.

 

But alas, they didn’t do the last two so they were nothing but punching bags which provided exp for Akira.

 

“Ora!!!” Kisaru let out a scream as he rushed towards Akira who without a change in expression sidestepped calmly. He clenched his fist and threw an uppercut in the air. He had an almost bored expression on his face.

 

“Aaahh” Kisaru cried out in pain as he felt a strong force hitting him in the solar plexus. He almost blacked out but managed to stay awake. He felt an unimaginable pain above his gut and collapsed on the ground as he broke down in tears.

 

“One down, two more to go~” Akira said in a sing-song voice. Gomu and Orochi hesitated as seeing their companion fall so quickly made them nervous.

 

“Y-you will...pay for that!!” Gomu said as he rushed at him in a tackle. 

 

For Akira, he may as well be a snail as he ducked down just before Gomu’s arm made contact and put his leg in front of Gomu who couldn’t stop himself due to the momentum and tripped before tumbling down.

 

A smile formed on Akira as he watched the comical sight. “Oop~ looks like humpty dumpty had a great fall here….hahaha”

 

His eyes turned sharp as he clenched his fist again while looking at Orochi who lunged at him.

 

“Aaghisss!!” Orochi too didn’t fare any better than his companions as he dropped to his knees mid sprint holding his hands over his neck trying to remove the invisible force restricting his breathing.

 

Akira unclenched his fist and Orochi who could breathe again began desperately grasping for air. Akira didn’t give him the chance and just made a kicking gesture in the air.

 

Orochi gasped in pain as he felt a strong force hit him right below the jaw. His eyes turned white as foam burst out of his face and then he blacked out.

 

All three boys lay fallen below a boy half their size as the boy stretched his arms before stopping after hearing a pop.

 

“Man..that was a good workout.” Akira said, cranking his neck till he heard a pop sound.

 

He dusted himself off and walked towards the water fountain. He let the cool water fall on his face as he stayed like that for a few seconds. It was summer and with no money of his own.this was his alternative for ice creams. 

 

It didn’t take long for Akira to reach the orphanage as he took a shortcut which was a small hole behind the park. Having a small stature let him squeeze through the small gap and he didn’t have to cross two streets.

 

As he neared the entrance, he saw a car parked next to the gate. 

 

‘Strange...who would be visiting the orphanage now?’ he thought as people usually visited in the morning or in the evening.

 

He entered the building and soon found the source. He saw two people with familiar features. One was a man dressed in a suit with dark hair and next to him was a woman who  resembled someone he knew.

With dark skin and exotic white hair, she looked like Saya.

 

‘Are they Saya’s parents?’ he wondered as he made his way to the dorm. 

 

“Akira-kun Akira-kun….my parents have come to see me, they-they apologized for abandoning me here and have come to take me back…” Saya said as she ran over to his side.

 

She was clearly feeling very happy when she said this and judging by the packed bag on the other side, Akira could guess what she was feeling.

 

“So...you actually agreed to go with them?” Akira asked as he raised his brow.

 

“Un” Saya nodded. “Okaa-san said I could even visit you here everyday so I agreed…”

 

“Don’t you hate them? For abandoning you? For just leaving you?”Akira asked.

 

“I do...or I did, b-but they are taking me back and I even have a brother now so I want to see him…”Saya said, her voice lowering by the end.

 

“Saya-chan, I don’t think you should go with them..”Akira said. 

 

Now he was not saying this because he wanted to have Saya all for himself as while it was a reason, it was more so because he had seen their faces.

 

He had seen Saya’s parents talking to the matron with a happy smile on their faces and while they had fooled everyone, their fake smiles had not escaped Akira’s eyes after all, someone who could smile like that could easily recognize the same smile.

 

And then Saya said, “...

------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the cliff but I ran out of time to write. Well don’t worry, on the next episode of Akira’s saga you will hear what Saya says.

Discord link:https://discord.gg/tzzZ9wZ
you can find me there and you can ask me anything~
Cya all next chapter~

 

12