Chapter 3 – Deciding What to do Next
259 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been more than a week since the incident, or should I say, blessing in disguise. 

During that time, I've been doing all sorts of stuff.

The first thing I did was secure a water source. I did this to ensure that dying of thirst would never happen.

After that, I decided to settle near that water source, which was the small lake that the drone found.

I also brought T with me, since it was convenient to just bring it with me. I mean, even if I settled near the water source, I don't know how to build a shelter. So might as well bring T and live inside of it for the moment.

Other than that I also found out a lot about the reason why our ship was headed to this world in the first place.

Apparently, they were part of the Someranian Empire's expedition force. 

They found an anomaly on Earth around 20 years ago, and had been trying to make a sustainable gate through the wormhole that lead to this world, since then.

They actually had succeeded in creating the sustainable gate, but something malfunctioned and the gate crumbled. 

The gate's crumbling then closed the wormhole, and that lead to our ship getting damaged and crashing in the middle of the ocean.

Well, that's in the past now. Oh, and apparently some other crew managed to escape using the escape pods. But so far, we have no clue if they survived or not.

What we do know is that the escape pods were released not at the same time, and I was the last one to release. That was why I landed on this island.

The other crew members probably landed far away from my position.

Anyways, back to the main topic.

After settling near the lake, I found some fruit plants. I then scanned them to know if they're dangerous or not, but they seem safe.

I am trusting the scanning system because it's Someranian tech and they have the reputation of being able to be used on almost every species of creatures on the Milky Way Galaxy.

On that note, I tested the scanning system to my own body. 

Turns out I'm 10% human. I then asked T about it, and it said that in order to transplant my memories, it also had to transplant my own stem cells. Dunno why though, I'm not too fond of Someranian tech.

Oh yeah, I also commanded 5 drones to scan everything.

And by everything, I mean everything. I want to scan this entire planet, if it's even a planet.

If it is a planet, than that means, we might've discovered a parallel universe. One with partially or even completely different laws of phsyics.

Currently, I am tinkering with a high-tech exosuit. It's not Someranian though, it's Earth's version. Unfortunately, Earth's version is a bit lacking compared to the rest of the galaxy's. 

Fortunately, this one seems to be of the newest version and has more capabilities than the last one.

This suit has 3 main parts. 

The first one is the cloth part. 

It's made from 2 layers. The inside layer is made from carbon nanotubes, while the ouside layer is made from Troxzion, which is a super tough material from Araxoc, one of the planets in the Someranian Empire. The cloth part also acts as body armour.

The second part is the exoskeleton part. 

The name explains itself, it acts as an exoskeleton, boosting the strength of the wearer. This suit is multipurpose, so some situations may require body strength that is biologically impossible to do. That's why the exoskeleton part exists.

The last part is the life-support part. This one is the most advanced part of the suit. It controls the temperature inside the suit, maintains O2 supply by constantly recycling it from the exhaled CO2, and many more.

This suit also has a built-in helmet ready to be deployed when ready. The helmet part folds itself into its folded form around the neck of the wearer, and unfolds itself around the head to become the helmet. It uses the origami technique in the design.

The helmet is the coolest part of the suit by far. Because it's a folding helmet, it doesn't look round like astronaut helmets. It looks sort of like a dragon's head, to be honest.

The suit is also energy efficient. It can last up to a year without being recharged when used constantly. Although that comes with a downside, as it needs to be recharged for days.

Now, I think I'm ready to go meet my friends again. I bet they must be thinking that I've died.

"Hey T, set up a travel course to the slave camp."

"SETTING UP THE TRAVEL COURSE."

"So how long is it gonna take to walk from this lake?"

"AT A CASUAL PACE, 30+ HOURS. AT A HURRIED PACE, 15 HOURS. USING ME AS A VEHICLE WOULD BE BETTER, IT WOULD ONLY TAKE 2 HOURS."

"I don't want to scare them though. So maybe we can compromise."

Okay, let's just do that. T uses cold fusion in its core to produce energy. So I don't have to worry about wasting fuel.

I can just ride T until a certain distance and walk from there.

"T, let's go."

"AFFIRMATIVE."

After giving T the order, I head into the cockpit. T can act as a multipurpose vehicle. It can be used on land, water, air, and of course, space.

A few days ago, we went back to my escape pod. T then retrieved all the parts, broken or not. It then recycled them and incorporated them into T's "body".

I also helped by transferring the knowledge of what to do from T's system. It was pretty easy, not gonna lie. 

I only had to attach a chip to a chip slot on the side of my head that was modified. 

That chip had the blueprints and also the instructions needed to modify T's "body".

It was pretty uncomfortable doing it.

I had to first open the skin of my head, and find the chip slot to insert it.

As painful as that sounds, it didn't hurt as it was previously modified to act as a hatch. 

My hair had to be shaved when it was modified, though. So I'm now bald. The hair is already growing back though.

Speaking of modifications, T's body became larger. It's now as large as a small spaceship, which is equivalent to around two garbage trucks's size.

As weird as it seems, the escape pod was larger than normal escape pods. It was filled with lots of supplies, such as food, weaponry, and armour.

Maybe that's because of the specialness of the mission we were supposed to do.

Well, the said mission failed, and the escape pod killed my previous self. How ironic.

8