Arc 1 -Lost- Part 26
480 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You’ve gotten good at being patient huh,” Dante said as he placed the bowl full of leftovers. Without a moment’s hesitation, the white-furred beast advanced upon it. “I can’t tell if you’re just that starved or if you really like the scraps I bring.” Normally these creatures would attack anyone who would even step an inch into their view. Yet here Dante stooped just a few feet away from it while it feasted before him.

“This should be good now too,” he said as he reached out to the bandage he put on it from before. Just trying to put it on the quillhound was a bit of a hassle back then. Now, however, it didn’t even flinch as Dante removed it and examined the area, “yeah, it’s all good now.” As if to agree with him, it wagged its tail a little.

“To think, just a few days ago you were rummaging through my camp and even attacked me,” the creature slowed it’s eating as it’s red eyes looked up at Dante, “Now look at us, well I guess that’s the trend of my relationship with this world.”

He gazed upon the beast as he reminisced. My original goal was to find a way home asap, yet look at what I’m doing now. Dante looked up at the fresh morning sky.

“I’ve really become more and more attached here…too attached honestly…” Dante reflected back on his relationship with the girls until now, “I’ve let myself get caught up in the moment too many times…” He thought back to the events of last night. How he had sex with Marilyn and Kayla. His near encounter with Lacey and her face when he rejected her. It was in that moment he knew; they’d become too close with each other.

It’s almost like I haven’t learned a thing from back then, Dante frowned and gritted his teeth as a long-buried memory re-entered his mind. People from two different worlds coming together in these kinds of situations…it doesn’t end well for anyone… In a way he was thankful for Lacey, if that incident hadn’t happened last night, he probably would have realized too late, and repeated that same mistake once again.

“That’s how it is…” he once again looked at the white quillhound who’d finished the meal, “You ate it all, good…” as he spoke the white-furred beast gazed up at him as he took the empty bowl, it’s red eyes looked upturned at him while he continued, “because this is goodbye, I’ve spoiled you enough boy, it’s time you survived without me.” Dante gave a smile before he turned around and left. The quillhound took a few steps toward him as he walked away, but it soon stopped and quietly stood as it watched him leave.

This is how it should be, from now on its just business. Dante voiced his conviction within himself. This is for the best… for both me and them.

 


 

Deep within the darkened room which was lit with only the flames of a few torches. She stood silently in her black armor, before her the skilled sword mistress she’d defeated earlier. Her arms were chained which suspended her off the ground.

“You should just kill me already, torturing me is just a waste of time.”

“Hm? Is that so?”

“It is, so you might as well just end me and celebrate your little victory while you can!” She stared straight at the black knight as she spoke.

Even though she’s naked, battered, and chained, the ex-knight maiden, still held a strong front before her capturers. However, despite her request for death, she still wasn’t about to give up, especially with her niece Tina still out there somewhere. Before the armored lady came, she had been scanning the room for a while now. While the chains that were holding her seemed new and enchanted, just by looking at the brick walls, it was obvious this place had seen better days. When she saw the door for the room opened there were stairs and it was rather dark on the other side as well. Which meant it was either night or she was underground.  She still needed to know a lot more though, if she wanted to escape, but first, she had to deal with her visitor here.

“It’s funny of you to think that there won’t be any more victories for me.” The black knight smirked.

“Ha! You're nothing but a small-time village raider with some freaky looking henchmen, you're no real threat,” she gazed with a teasing grin towards her capturer, “don’t get bold just because you beat some amateur fighters and an ex-knight. When Her Majesty finds out about this, it’ll be over for you!” The captured woman didn’t notice, but under the dragonhead designed helm, the black knight’s eyes widened as she heard what the woman said.

“Did you say… Her Majesty?”

The ex-knight maiden smirked as she leaned her head forward, “That’s right, the great Queen of Arthrain, when she finds out sh-!”

Suddenly a sharp pained ran through her chest, cutting her off. She forced her eyes downward and before her, the woman’s magical blade dug right into her.

“That woman…is no Queen!” as she spoke, she sank the blade deeper into her flesh. Blood trailed out as the woman groaned in agony, “She is a coward! A weakling!” she grabbed hold of the captured woman’s neck as she yelled, “and I’ll make sure all of Arthrain knows it…very soon.”

9