Chapter 0: Introduction
439 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

       

Announcement
Disclaimer:

Please keep in mind that I am NOT a native English speaker, therefore grammatical errors, weird phrases and unorthodox word usages should be expected to encounter as you read on. Still, I won't be allowing this to hinder me or my stories.

 

 

 

            For a moment, I felt every existing motion within the vicinity of my perceptions lose their speed. Time seemed to have slowed down its pace. Then my hearing gradually died down to the point where I could hear nothing save for the faint ringing… and the echoing shout I have been anticipating to hear:

 

             "Yuuki!"

 

             It was then I knew the ball was flung towards my direction. The moment I've been waiting for has arrived.

 

             While consistently fixating my eye contact on the opponent right before me, my right hand reached out to exactly five-o'clock. I didn't have to look; just as estimated, the ball welcomed my palms, before my long fingers locked it in my hold, never ever letting it go before I began dribbling my way to the ring and its basket. The aforementioned opponent in front of me made a hasty motion as an attempt to stop me and snatch the ball, but he was just too slow to keep up with me… don't get me wrong. He was fast. Just unfortunately slow compared to my own speed. With ease, I got past his defense, and off I went. Another guy less than a second later darted in from two-o'clock as an obviously desperate attempt to block me. I halted yet kept on dribbling, then immediately took a step to my left, which was his right as an apparent sign for me to fling my body in this direction to get past him. His body followed to stop me, which was what I wanted him to do. 

 

              It simply was a feint, a fake-out. As all of his defense was now in my left, my right side was now completely open for me to pass through. With my speed, I dashed my way through the open direction and escaped him before he could even realize it. 

 

              The enemy team's final defense consisted of three people guarding underneath the ring. The entire team seemed to have disregarded the rest of my team just to stop me, which urged me to give out a small chuckle between my breaths. Guaranteed, it would be very difficult to get through. I could of course consider passing the ball to any of my available teammates (which all of them currently were, as every member of the opposing team decides to focus on me), but I knew my capabilities. I knew what our opponents' greatest problem was. 

 

               I'm Yuuki. 

 

               I never hesitated to charge forward, looking for the right moment to take my big leap. The three defenders, doing their best to stop me, did not faze me at all… not that they're much of a hindrance, anyway. Next thing I remembered, I was four and a half feet aloft, rendering the opponents' defense useless. Before they could jump up as a response, the ball was already completely out of their reach. I raised my right arm which was clutching the ball as the leap's momentum brought me closer and closer to the basket. And when the distance was perfect, my right arm quickly and violently slammed the round object against it. The dancing net successfully received the ball, swallowing it for gravity to catch and the floor to repeatedly kiss. 

 

             I landed safely on my feet, my legs bending as I did so to nullify the impact of my landing. 

 

             My adrenaline rush wore off at exactly the moment the audiences applauded the loudest, followed by the buzzer wailing as an indication of the entire game's end after the last second of the timer. 

 

             The crowd's screams drowned the entire indoor court. Everyone's eyes were focused on my direction as they clapped enthusiastically. My eyes however, instinctively searched the crowd-stuffed tiered seats. For ten full seconds, my eyeballs strained to find them. And thankfully, sitting together on a side of the court where you can watch the game the most convenient possible, applauding louder than the crowd could ever produce, were my…

 

             I was interrupted when my peripheral vision caught something in the main gymnasium doorway which was gaping open. 

 

              Wait. 

 

              Are those… vines with flowers?

 

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

             The name's Yuuki. Yuuki Yoshioka. Seventeen years old. Set in a bizarre town, what you are about to read is a downright bizarre story of my past… and what my future will be. And when I say bizarre, it is bizarre. It's bizarre in an outrageous absurdity others will find too unfair —or too awkward— to be real. Or… maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get the idea. 

 

              I hope this story sufficiently does a good job to entertain you, the reader. 

 

6