Chapter 18: First Mission!
495 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick was satisfied with the number of domineering points he had gotten, and now he knew how to gather the points in the future too, basically, he could get points if he acted cool or fierce.

[Status]

[Name: Nick Michelson

Title: The Slayer Of Scorpions

Energy cultivation: Profound realm rank 9

Physical Body Cultivation: None

Cultivation Techniques: Star Devouring Dragon manual

Physical Body Skill: None

Skills: Dragon eyes

Experience points:300

Domineering points: -800(In debt, please pay it back as soon as possible. Thank you.)

Bloodlines: Heaven devouring Ancient Dragon bloodline]

Now he only needed 800 more to get out of his debt and unlock the shop, but sadly, since the Blobfish gang’s cultivation levels weren't high, he only received a few experience points, not even enough to advance to the Origin realm.

Nick then walked around the city, dragging the twins along with him. And after a quick look, he finally found a place that could buy a few herbs off of him, which was difficult to do since most shops couldn’t afford to do it. And after selling one of the cheaper herbs in his collection, Nick went ahead to buy one of the most Luxurious carriages in the city.

Nick was fast pacing the process so much because he didn’t want Mike and Lily catching up to him. He might have scared them with his sudden attack last time and escaped, but he knew that it was improbable to do the same again. The main reason that it worked on them earlier was because they thought Nick had no cultivation, and his sudden outburst of power just seemed too miraculous!

After buying a carriage the next logical step was to hire a professional carriage driver, and after asking around a little more he found out that a man named Peter, was dubbed to be the best carriage driver in the city! And Nick went through hell trying to recruit the man, but we will talk about that story later.

Now, armed with a capable driver, Nick set off to adventure around the world with the two hyper kids who couldn't stop jumping around in the carriage refusing to let him close his eyes and relax. That was when Nick knew, that the journey, would be a long one.

Since Nick couldn't rest, he decided to open the system gift bags. Filled with anticipation he first opened the spirit realm gift bag.

Ding! Opening the Spirit realm gift bag, the host has obtained-one hundred spirit stones, the Main quest card, and the Cooking skill book.

Since he knew what the spirit stones were, he went ahead to check out the other two.

[Main quest card: Gives the host a certain objective to be completed within a set amount of time, and after completion, the host will be rewarded with a corresponding reward.]

[Cooking skill book: Seeing the host's sincere love for cooking, the system has provided the host with a cooking manual that has instructions on ways to cook everything between heaven and earth!]

Hmm? The Main quest card looks pretty good, but the cooking book is a little bit overpowered, isn't it?

You have to understand this book represented not only cooking knowledge but also lists out and identify ingredients meaning he will know about all creatures between heaven and earth!

Satisfied with this gift bag, Nick opened the profound realm gift card next.

Ding! Opening the Profound realm gift bag, the host has obtained-one hundred Profound stones, a Fifty percent discount card for the system shop, and the Disguise skill book.

Nick's jaw dropped, the Spirit realm gift bag had given him a hundred Spirit stones, which weren’t considered bad because they would each provide him fifty Exp, at least that’s how much they gave him the last time he checked. But a hundred Profound stones are a different matter entirely since each stone could potentially give him two thousand Exp!

As for the fifty percent discount card, it didn't need an explanation, but he wouldn't know if it was useful or not until the systems store is unlocked, and he could see the merchandise.

Finally, he turned his head towards the Disguise skill book.

[Disguise skill book: has ten levels, and in the last level host can impersonate a creature's cultivation level but without their actual power, of course. And with each level increase, the host can deceive any being with a higher rank.]

This was even more overpowered than the first book, this means if he could deceive people two ranks above him before, then maybe when he reaches the next level of the technique, he could deceive someone that is three or four ranks above him.

Also, it said impersonate any creature meaning it didn't have to be human.

Oh, long live the Emperor, wait, according to the system, that’s meeee, hehehe! Nick was so excited he grabbed the two kids in front of him who had just calmed down from their excitement, and gave them a good wet kiss on each of their foreheads!!

Smooch!

Smooch!

Then Nick yelled, "Isn't your big brother the most handsome, isn't he the coolest, isn't he the strongest?!!" And after asking the kids such a confusing question Nick didn't even wait for a response as he immediately turned his attention to the last gift bag.

Dean and Maggy started questioning their choices. Did they choose to follow a crazy person?! But he was alright a moment ago, what happened to him?!

But then, they remembered something that could explain Nick’s behavior. Whenever their mom acted unreasonably and did weird things around the house, their dad always used to say 'It's her time of the month again!' then maybe it was Nick’s time of the month too...?

Then after they both took another glance at Nick, they found him giggling cross-eyed which only confirmed their previous theory even more! So, the twins would do what their dad always did in these situations. They would agree with anything Nick says, and they will smile and nod, just smile, and nod.

If Nick knew what the siblings were thinking, he would have jumped out of the moving carriage and ask Peter, his carriage driver, to loan him the whip, to teach the twins a thing or two. Didn’t the stupid kids know that only women got those?! Which part of him looked like a woman?!

Ding! Opening the System activation gift bag, the host has obtained, One Long-distance teleportation talisman, 500 domineering points, and a Transcendence level Crimson steps technique.

[Long distance teleportation talisman: the host can mark a place in advance and use the teleportation talisman to teleport to the marked area. (One use item)]

[Crimson steps: has three levels and is a transcendence level speed technique. It uses powerful sky flames to boost the hosts' speed, and can even allow the host to use the flames for kick attacks!]

Nick was extremely happy with the rewards he had obtained, the Long-distance teleportation talisman was a great escape treasure that could one day save his life, the only sad part was that it was a one-use item.

The crimson steps speed technique was a transcendence level technique unlike the other two unranked skill books, which meant it was a technique with a cultivation limit, and it would almost be useless after he exceeded the transcendence realm.

Nick was happy with his gains, but he couldn't wait to start cultivating so he stared at all the gifts revolving around in his head and first accepted the Spirit stones.

At that moment, Dean and Maggy saw one hundred spirit stones appearing in the air, and falling in the metallic carriage. And as the clangs of the stones hitting the carriage floor resonated, the twins were both shocked and confused. Did happiness, just come in pairs, they had escaped from the Cruel gang, and now Spirit stones were literally falling out of thin air?!

The twins had never seen these many spirit stones in their life, so, they felt tempted to grab a few, but then they saw them vanishing one by one as soon as Nick grabbed them, kind of like a magic trick.

Exp+50

Exp+50

Exp+50

Exp+50

After absorbing ninety-eight spirit stones Nick gave the remaining two, to the drooling kids, one spirit stone each. And he did so with a look of regret on his face as if he had just given them all his worldly possessions.

After that, Nick accepted the Profound stones from the system and the same thing as before happened, but instead of the Spirit stones appearing like last time, this time it was profound stones. but before the kids could even process what was happening, Nick began absorbing these stones as well.

Ding! Congratulations host for reaching the Origin realm rank 1!

It had taken him a hundred Spirit stones and some more profound stones just to level up the Origin realm, which proved that the amount of Exp points he would need in the future will keep increasing exponentially.

Ding! Congratulations host for reaching the Origin realm-Reward-Origin realm Gift bag!

He had just finished opening the gift bags when he got another one, Nick felt dejected, it was so tiring opening bag after bag... But Nick didn’t rush to open this bag, because he wanted to keep a little gift for his future self.

And just as he expected, after he reached the Origin realm, the amount of Exp the profound stones provided decreased, but that didn't stop him from absorbing them all!

Ding! Congratulations host for reaching the Origin realm rank 1!

Seeing how he had reached the fifth rank of the origin realm so quickly, Nick couldn't help feeling that cultivation was not that exciting.

Sighing heavily to himself, Nick activated the Main quest card. Curious to see what his mission would be.

[Main quest

Every Emperor needs a palace, and as the One True Emperor, how could the host be any different. This quest's goal is for the host to collect the building materials for your Imperial palace! The host cannot level up to the gathering realm before completing the quest and shall remain within the origin realm during this time.

Objective: Dark heavenly gold-five hundred tons, Holy spirit jade-Five hundred tons, Star confining space stone-fifty kilograms, and two dragon eggs of any kind!

Reward: The blueprints, and the construction of the Imperial Palace, and level up directly to the transcendence realm!]

"Fuck!!! Fuck you, system!! Fuck you too, old geezer!!!" Nick was furious. The system had basically confined him to the Origin realm until he completed the Main mission!

Ratings and reviews will be appreciated, and shares, even more so.

17