CH. 6
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CH. 6

The day has come and the airship arrived on the place where the second Abyss gate opened. As expected, there was a large red glowing hole above the vast sea underneath the floating island. 

Litea Nichols Argenteuil was looking through the scope on her hand to check the area around the Abyss gate.

"There's no monsters around. There are few small military airships floating above though"

There were monitoring brigades that were task to monitor the conditions of the second Abyss gate. Because this was the second Abyss gate that opened after 300 years, no one knows what might come out of there.

Though unlike the current first Abyss gate in the Swarm island clusters, there was only three airships that were monitoring the second Abyss gate.

Watching the situation on the deck, Litea Nichols Argenteuil and Cynthia Locks McGuiness were standing side to side.

The whole squadron were all wearing weary faces as they were standing in front of an Abyss gate with unknown number of monsters insides. Furthermore, the mercenary they hired as a selfish arrogant kid named Vain, wants to fight alone without even a single support.

The said merc was standing ways behind everyone with his arms crossed while leaning against a wall.

Litea Nichols Argenteuil sighed then turned to the commander of the Light Wing Squadron, Cynthia Locks McGuiness, a young platinum blonde haired beauty with cherry colored irises. She wore her usual light blue military suit and checkered dark blue skirt with thigh-high socks wrapped around her plump white thighs.

The bright 16 year old commander was wearing a sure-win smirk with her arms crossed under her modest size chest.

"We've already received permission to enter the Abyss gate area of detection. Once we enter, there's no turning back"

"It's fine even if we stay here and let the mercenary do his thing. Even if he dies, it won't affect us at all after all"

"But still, sending a human against parasites is just... well.... cruel?"

"It's what he wants. We tried to recruit him in our ranks but he doesn't want to and neither does he want to cooperate with us. If he somehow wins and closed the gate then it'll be us that'll win the recognition. If he dies then it won't be our loss"

Since Vain himself wants to fight alone, there was no need to send in their crew along with him for support. Furthermore, even if they want to, there was only five magic armies that was currently available.

Vain wrecked all ten of their magic armors so it was best to let him do what he wants.

"Lady Cynthia, I know you hate him for kicking you but shouldn't you at least consider his human rights?"

"Even if I don't hate the guy he'd still jump head straight into the Abyss gate. There's no stopping him, we already made the deal after all. All that's left is to wait until he either dies or come back a winner"

Cynthia Locks McGuiness sighed as she turned her gaze to Vain. Feeling such gaze, Vain opened his eyes and walked towards Cynthia.

As the girl said, even if she doesn't hate Vain for treating her rudely, a problems noble of the empire, by kicking her like a sack of potatoes, he'd still fight regardless. That's what they hired him for after all.

Still, it wasn't as if Cynthia Locks McGuiness was cold hearted. She still feel rather worried about Vain despite him being so indifferent towards her and her men. As much as she wished to, Cynthia Locks McGuiness wants to lend Vain some of her squadron's equipment but she was sure that Vain would just refuse them.

"Is this the place?"

"Yeah. Are you going to be alright alone?"

Cynthia Locks McGuiness showed at atleast some kindness towards Vain but Vain simply nodded like he has no other business than the task at hand.

'Yeah, I'll be doing this alone as usual. Don't send any of your guys my way, I'll sink them down"

"I know, I know.... I just want to know if you'll be alright even against a swarm of parasites"

"It doesn't matter" Vain replied, pulling his sword from his black storage.

"Monsters are still monsters, right?"

Vain reinforced himself with magic and jump out of the ship then landed on footholds made out of barriers that Vain cast underneath his boots. Father that, he leaps powerfully until he entered the second then into the center of the Abyss gate.

Cynthia Locks McGuiness as well as Litea Nichols Argenteuil and the whole squadron still couldn't peel away their eyes from an unconventional way of moving across the sky....

———

*Wooooo—* The air shook loudly as Vain entered the center of the Abyss gate area. This was his first time fighting a parasite so he was waiting for them to appear and judge if they'd be beatable or not with his sword.

"?"

Shortly after, black dots grew out from the Abyss gate, flying towards Vain like a swarm of hornets.

"So this is a swarm huh?"

Vain commented, his eyes sharpened at the large amount of deformed faces of a soldier and an ant mold into one with bodies of large lotuses and pincers of a crab.Their entire bodies were like mushy black molds and their wings was that of cockroaches. The misshapen compounded eyes on their faces were like pins just pushed carelessly into a cushion with how much one was far from the other while some were stuck together.

In short, they were ugly and disgusting looking.

"Black Bullets"

Vain pushed out his left hand shot hundreds of high-speed black colored bullets. As the rain of black droplets hit the swarms, there was hardly any effect as it only bounced off of their moldy skins.

So Black attribute magic has weaker damage. How about white attribute?— Vain assessed the situation and situation from black bullets to swords of light.

Around Vain, he made half a meter swords of light around him and brought them down to the parasites that was closing in on him.

Probably because Vain's initial attack didn't do anything, the parasites thought the prey before them was just another stupid prey that entered their field.

However, contrary to their thoughts, the swords of light that looked like pretty little lanterns to the eyes of the parasites, tore them apart like they were made of paper.....

———

Scout ship of the Military brigade under the influence of the Crimson Lion Legion, Captain Barrs Ulysses, was watching something unbelievable on the deck of his ship Flagon.

At first, he got a weird transmission from an Squadron airship under a noble's command that they'd like permission to enter the Abyss gate area of detection. They gave the permission thinking that they'd be testing some kind of new weapon but Captain Barrs Ulysses didn't imagined they'd be sending one man to an Abyss gate that had a swarm of a thousand parasites.

When the man jumped off the ship without any armor, Captain Barrs Ulysses thought that the man was suicidal, probably jumping off to Hus death after getting scared but the man was hopping through the sky like his body was made of light feathers.

Then that man arrived at the center, he did something at the incoming swarm. He failed first but....

"A thousand of those things got minced in seconds....."

It was his first time seeing such a thing. Normally only magic armors' reinforced magic bullets could destroy a single parasites but the man was just making swords of light on after the other and ripping apart the swarm of parasites like they were made of paper.

Heck, he was even a large sword with on hand and he still hadn't used it  yet.

"Captain, should I ask this to the squadron that contacted us?"

His vice captain stood next to him yet even he was astonished by this sight.

"We'll do that later. I want to know who that man is and if possible recruit him for the Legion. This is the first time I've seen a swordsman shoot spells like that"

The Man was mincing the parasites below him like it was like any other people's business. When ten came flew out from the rain of white swords and attacked him on his right flank, he swung his sword and cut them apart like butter.

"I'm sure Lord Winston would want him but.... I'd doubt that man would accept it though"

The vice captain was making a troubled face as he used his scope to look onto the airship where the man came from. Although the magic armors were on standby outside, they haven't even moved yet.

"Are they going to let that man die or something?"

"I hardly believed it's that kind of reason when the man himself was tearing swarms of parasites like they were nothing"

Once the swarms were gone, four medium size parasites appeared. They were bigger than swarm and were about as big as a magic armor. They had centipede like body with an elongated head with five eyes on each side the tendrils wriggling on their lips outside their sharp toothed mouth that was gaping open wide enough to bite of a magic armor apart. The Four long and slender arms stretched out and their long and sharp fingers looked menacingly dangerous.

Seeing that, Captain Barrs Ulysses's face distorted in unpleasantness. The sight of such disgusting looking monster was enough for him to throw up.

"Its the guards of the Parasite Queen"

"I've only heard of them but I didn't expect them to be this horrid looking......"

The Vice Captain and Captain Barrs Ulysses sighed as the man was in a hopeless situation. He should be tired now after shooting those swords of light of his until the swarm were killed.

However, their thoughts were proven wrong.....

———

Vain finished clearing the swarms. They were too many but as expected, not much of a problem against his swords of lights.

In any case, the troublesome swarm disappeared but then four medium size parasites appeared. They were more disgusting looking than the swarm earlier.

*Kiyaaaaak!!!*

The Parasites Queen's guardsmen. The four Guards of death. They were known to be atrocious and devours even their own kind. They were such large beings that were more painful to deal with than the swarms.

The four parasite guardsmen circled around Vain, surrounding him in all four corners. Vain held his sword tightly in his hand and poured in White attribute magic into the edge of Hus large sword.

Then, with a powerful leap, Vain instantly closed the distance between him and a parasite guardsmen in front of him.

"Hiyaaaah!!"

*Slssshhh!!* The white edges sword easily through the tough head of the parasite guardsman and sliced it him half right in the middle. As the first parasite guardsman slowly drops into the red Abyss gate, the remaining three, who didn't realized Vain moved already, looked to their brother's direction.

*Kiishaaaaaa!!!* The three screeched the fired off large balls of purple flares at Vain. 

Vain then switched from White attribute to Black as he formed the black dome around him to form a sphere. The three large flares were then sucked into that black sphere unlike how it shot back the bullets from a magic armor's rifles.

As the black sphere undid it's, Vain charged in straight to the Parasite guardsman at the center.

Once more, the parasite guardsman were taken aback by the human's fast movements. Their ten eyes didn't even saw him coming at all.

*Keeeaaaaucckk!!!!* The second Parasite guardsman shriek as the sword passed through its thick exoskeleton and made its green blood splash around.

Vain flick his wrist and from upperhand diagonal slash, he pushed his sword to left and the the head of the parasite guardsman with a horizontal slash.

Two parasite guardsman died. The remaining two were now alerted at the fact that the being they were facing wasn't a normal human. They didn't need to hesitate, they would be just born again as long as the Parasite Queen was alive.

That was why, they need to kill this prey in front of them now.

"What? Not coming?"

Vain taunted the two large monsters with his finger inviting them to come closer. 

*Kishaaaa!!* The two parasite guardsmen screeched irritatedly the shot tens of purple flares from their mouths.

Vain sighed as he got fed up by that attack. The bullets from a riffle were more menacing that those 3 meter large balls of fire since bullets flies more faster than them.

Vain then switched from light attribute to black and held out his left hand.

"Drain"

Then as though the flares were being pulled towards Vain, the flares felw towards him. The two parasite guardsman laughed *Kehkehekeh!!* as if they've won.

However, there was no explosion that came after. What appeared was Vain fully charged once more and had his sword on his side with both hands.

"Stop laughing, your voices are disgusting to hear!!"

*Shii—* White stroke of light flew off from the edge of Vain's sword. Then, as the Parasite guardsmen were frozen in shock, the slash cuts their heads off their bodies.

"Fuuu......"

Vain breathe out as the four troublesome bugs finally died. With his hand, he wiped off the sweat sliding down his chin.....

———

"........"

No one said a word. Earlier, when Vain treated the swarm of parasites like simple bugs with his swordas of light, everyone thought "Oh... That guy is as amazing as before" since they experienced first hand how strong Vain was.

But the moment the Parasite guardsmen arrived, they thought Vain was already reaching his limit. 

However, once more, he toyed with them and kill those well-known heinous monsters that treats magic armors as chew toys and airships as target practice. 

Thinking about it, Vain changed from his black attribute magic to white then vice versa. It seems that he has two attribute and was talented in both but.....

That was the problem. As far as Cynthia Locks McGuiness and Litea Nichols Argenteuil know, the rare attributes of Holy Light magic and Void Darkness magic only appears in members of the royal family and even they don't excel as much as Vain.

Moreover, he wasn't even uttering a single chant? or was he?

The only known person that had fully mastered the Holy Light Attribute magic was the saint in the Light Pilgrimage Island city. But that person hasn't left the island itself nor even participated in any battles against the Parasites themselves.

Yet one kid from some provincial area could use both rare attributes of magic that rarely even appears in society. And he uses them to cut down difficult to beat monsters like the parasite swarms and the parasite guardsmen.

"Just.... who is that guy...." Were the only words that left Cynthia Locks McGuiness's mouth as she watched from her ship...

"The Parasite Queen is coming...."

Litea Nichols Argenteuil say so with her eyes stuck to the telescope in her hands. 

Just as she said, the Parasite Queen was coming. A large mass of a monster came out from the Abyss gate. It was so large that even without a telescope, anyone could see it.

It had shell of a beetle over it's large oblong head. Two long antennae swings along with the wind. Its hundreds of red gleaming compounded eyes wriggled along with the slithering feelers around its closed mouth. The lower body of the parasite queen was like that of a moth but the batting wings on it's back were membranous feelers that formed a wing of an insects. It's arms were stick like that if a spiders and tiny eggs were protruding out on its elongated lower half.

It was a parasite Queen. One that was said that could destroy an entire army that consists of 40 legions, 600 battleships and more than 7000 magic armors....

0