Chapter 11 – Falling, In Love
1.1k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11

CW for self-harm and attempted suicide. Skip to the bottom for a brief synopsis if you'd like to skip.

Kiran

Why had I not told Audry the truth about the redhead girl?

I trusted her with my life at this point, but couldn’t tell her about the spooky girl who claimed to be a vampire demon something or other. What the fuck was wrong with me?

That girl had known about someone else. She said I wasn’t as good at using my powers as the other guy. Had she meant Jack? Was I not the only thing created that night?

And she’d been following me, for days by the looks of it. All she’d had on were those ripped jeans, a black leather jacket, and a t-shirt, yet she’d followed us across miles. And the way she pressed her hand so hard into my back I thought she might break a bone... That girl was something else that I wasn’t sure I wanted to mess with.

But she’d asked for my help.

In a very roundabout way, of course. The threats didn’t really help her case. But she seemed… I dunno… scared? Someone with that much power was scared of something else.

“In 1 mile, turn left onto North Canyon Trail Road.” Siri was yelling at me and it forced me out of my driving coma.

“I still don’t know why you want to throw me off a cliff.”

“I don’t want to throw you off a cliff, you jerk. You’re not the slightest bit curious about the power of your wings?”

“I mean, sure. But the risks needed to summon them aside, the idea of blindly jumping off a cliff and hoping they’ll carry me sounds a bit… crazy.”

“They had just spawned on you back in the woods and you were already using them for extra boosts while jumping and shit. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.”

The canyon was about two hours north of where of the city and we were almost there.

It wasn't until we got out of the car and stretched our legs that I realized just how disheveled we looked. I had on a tank top, ripped leggings caked dirt, and my hoodie. Audry had similarly messed up leggings, a t-shirt, and that was it. I offered my hoodie to her more than once, but she refused. Running away for days at a time with no prep was admittedly not the most comfortable. I had a ton of camping shit back at my place, if I’d only thought far enough ahead.

The sun was setting when we reached the canyon ridge. I kept looking over my shoulder.

Was that redhead girl following us? Or still following us rather?

Would I even be able to know if she was? I got the feeling I’d only spotted her when she’d wanted me to.

“Hey,” Audry said, noticing my obvious anxiety, “We’ll find a way to activate your powers that keeps me safe and you in your… right mind. I promise.”

Oh. She’d misinterpreted which anxiety was taking over my brain. But now that she raised the point, I was very worried about that.

“We went further last time than I wanted to and I couldn’t even fly. And you said you wouldn’t make me do that again.”

“I know. And I won’t make you do the seducing thing again. But… I have a new theory about how to open your powers without you losing control.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Seriously! Last time you lost control because you were the one making the move. I think that’s why it was so much harder. And with Meg…” she was trying to be delicate about my pseudo-woman-slaughter. “With Meg, you were also the more… active participant. And yet me giving you a kiss healed your bruise. What if… I take the reins? You seemed much more able to maintain control when I kissed you in the parking lot.”

“Hrm…” She was not factually incorrect. “The sample size is so small though. How do we actually know that was different for the reasons you think it was?”

“I mean I really genuinely don’t see any other variables at play.” She stopped hiking and turned back to face me. “I said I wouldn’t push you into this. And I won’t. But come on Kira. Aren’t you curious? Imagine what we could do with all that power!”

The redhead girl had all that power and still wanted my help. Maybe she knew how much power I could have. Maybe I had a Peter Parker-esk responsibility to test out and use that power?

“Fine.”

“It’ll be alright.” She gave me a quick hug. “Besides, I always thought you were a bottom anyways.”

Okay wow! I was shocked. I found my mouth open to retort but my voice caught. That was a fucking callout, what can I say. All I managed was a high-pitched, “Hrmrmmm.”

We hiked for about another hour. By the time we hit the summit, the sun was at peak golden hour just before setting, and there were no hikers in sight.

“Okay. Yellow for slow down, red for stop.”

I nodded.

We sat down on the rocky dirt and she Debby-Ryan’d me, tracing a finger along my face while she tucked some of my unruly hair behind my ear.

“I love you,” she said before she leaned in to kiss me. It was so nice, but I did my best to give back as little as I could. If she got caught up in the moment, that was one thing… If I got caught up she could turn into a vegetable.

“I love you too,” I said after she pulled back for a breath.

She pulled me first in, and then gently lowered me down as she straddled on top of me. She lovingly took my hands and pressed them into the ground, interlacing her fingers with mine. Her skin was so soft, but then again mine was too. She moved our hands up over my head.

I welcomed the positioning. She was maintaining control and it left me far less likely to accidentally lose myself. She set the pace, the space, and the mood.

Audry began to move her hips in a back and forth, up and down motion over mine. I felt a long sigh of subtle bliss leak out of me.

“Mm… she likes that?”

I blinked very slowly, soaking it in, and nodded.

“Well, you have to stay still for me.”

My eyes were open and my head bobbed up a little bit. I hadn’t even realized.

Audry leaned in and kissed me back down to the ground. I closed my eyes again and exhaled this time to calm myself and focus up.

“See. Good girl.”

A shiver washed over me. It took incredible effort not to let it move me too much, but damn was I happy.

Audry let out a little laugh I assumed accompanied a smirk.

“Well, that seems to have worked well?”

I furrowed my brow in confusion until I moved my head a bit to look up at her and felt the now familiar clank of my horns.

Fuck. That had worked.

I started to push myself up to check if I had wings. But Audry put a hand on my chest and pressed me back to the ground. She picked up both my wrists in one hand, leaving the other on my chest, slowly dragging a finger down my sternum and towards my cleavage.

“I thought I said no moving.”

Okay! Wow… um… "Yes, Ma’am."

“Close your eyes.” I shut them tight.

Her finger made its way deeper into my cleavage and over to the side. I took a very strained breath trying not to move.

“Good girl. Much better.”

I was biting my lip as I kept my eyes closed tight.

Her finger turned into a hand underneath my bra. She rubbed and prodded before grabbing my breast and pulling it out from my shirt.

“Mm…” I winced a bit as the wind picked up. But the feeling of chill was quickly pushed away as I felt the wet heat of Audry’s breath over top. I let out an audible, “Ah…” but immediately tightened up.

“It’s okay silly. No one is here. You’re allowed to make noises.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re the one who’s been making quite a lot of— Ah!” I started but she cut me off by putting her mouth and tongue to my flesh.

“I’m sorry. I think I missed that.”

It took a second for me to catch my breath. “Bitch,” I said smiling.

“Guilty.” She smiled back. “It’s not too cold up here is it?”

“I mean, not with you on top of me like this. Although actually, you’re right… I should feel colder. Maybe it’s another— Mhh!”

“I said you could make noises. I didn’t say you talk to me.”

It was all I could do to just bite my lip, scrunch my eyebrows, and throw her the middle finger with my immobilized hands.

“Oh, the things I could do with that finger…”

My mind started racing of all the things. I could flip her upside down. I could…

“Yellow.”

Her fingers immediately interlaced back with mine again, as she straddled totally on top of me. Her weight was a welcome distraction and grounded me back into control. Funny that in order to have control I had to give it up.

She stayed on top of me. Doing not too much more than making out for a few minutes, taking my mind off of anything else.

Then she migrated one of her hands down. At first, I thought maybe she was going for my boob again, but she stopped at my neck. Then she grasped and pressed firmly but not too deeply.

“Mm…” Hey, choking made a girl feel secure, okay.

With a strong grip on my neck, she slowly loosened the pressure on my wrists, checking with her eyes if everything was okay. When I gave her the slightest nod, her free hand bypassed my midsection and b-lined for my thigh.

She lightly touched along where the inside of my thigh met my hips.

I took three quick breaths in succession before I caught it again.

I squirmed a bit, but Audry’s hand on my throat kept me in place. My head just moved naturally off to the side, overlooking the canyon in the same way as the setting sun.

Her touch moved inwards and over the top of my leggings.

I exhaled, but with enough control so that I held onto some breath in case of an accidental sharp exhale.

And there it was.

She’d moved her hand over the top of my crotch and gently pressed and slid over the top of my outer labia through my leggings.

Every noise I’d made up until that point hadn’t been vocalized. They’d all been breaths either in or out. When she started to pulsate and press where she was, I allowed myself a deep but still soft throaty moan.

Audry dropped her oral attention from my breasts for a moment, leaning up to whisper, “I want to hear you moan for me.” She pressed in deeper over my clothes, pushing into a now damp indent.

“Mhhmm…” I nodded slowly as she did so.

“I can do whatever I want with you.”

“Gah!” She’d quickly moved her hand up over my waistband and back down. Making skin-to-skin contact.

I’d been the leader in so much of my recent sexual contact, playing the passenger was a welcome relief.

The hand around my neck moved up over my mouth as she whispered, “Scream for me.”

Then a finger slipped inside me and curled up against a rough surface.

My back arched and I screamed.

“Good little demon.”

I opened my eyes.

Coherent thought escaped me except for one word: red.

I wrapped my legs around hers and flipped her around, slamming her hard into the cold rocky dirt. I grabbed her by both wrists and slammed them down on either side of her.

“Not so good now, am I?”

I could see the shocked look on her face, and it made me grin.

Power ran through my blood. I could see marks forming under my grasp and relished it. I was staking my claim to her.

“I…” she was speechless. I watched as her gaze drifted off into the middle distance, while the rest of her body reacted under my touch.

I could see the hardness of her nipples through her bra and shirt. I could see the slickness of her sex below me.

red.

I leaned down and placed a long kiss on her cheek as she stayed relatively still.

Red.

I realized the claw-like nails on my hands had transformed into full talons that I used to tear open her shirt.

Red!

What was that noise?

RED!

I blinked.

Audry was moving along with my intentions, but… her eyes. It’s like she wasn’t really there.

RED!!!

Oh no. Red.

I let go of her. Moving off and beside her.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

I picked up her head.

“No. No no no no no no no. Audry, can you hear me.”

I was met with no sound or visual cues.

“Audry! Please!”

No response.

I saw that blood was starting to flow from her back and areas around her neck.

I’d punctured her skin picking her up.

“NOO!”

I let go of her, and she dropped the few inches with a minor thud.

I… hadn’t meant to.

“AHHHHHH!!!”

I shrieked into the mountain air.

Was she gone?

I needed to get her to a hospital.

Would they even be able to do anything for her!?

This was all my fault.

This was all my fault.

This was all my fault.

I looked over at the cliff edge. Nothing for hundreds of feet. Even in my enhanced state, it should be enough. Even if it didn’t kill me, I wanted to hurt.

I plunged my claws into my arms, holding myself and drawing blood simultaneously.

I was a demon… a monster… a freak.

And I’d killed the girl I loved.

I hobbled over to the edge and looked back at her one last time.

As my legs gave way and I tumbled over the side, I heard the faintest little whisper. I could see her mouth move at a snail's pace as time slowed for me.

She said, “Don’t…”

And then the wind took me as I started to fall.

 

 

 

 

But I never hit the ground.

I opened my eyes to see that I was soaring. My wings, wider than I was tall, were keeping me afloat.

I was alive.

Audry was alive.

Or was she?

Was that a figment of my imagination that my guilt had conjured up in my last moments of supposed life to smooth my transition?

It didn’t matter.

I flapped my wings with all the power I could feel and directed it forward. Away.

If she was alive or dead, I didn’t have the strength or ability to see her.

For her safety and my conscience… she was better off alone.

Synopsis: Audry drives the two to some canyons and attempts to take a dominant sexual in hopes of igniting Kiran's powers without a loss of control. Kiran gets triggered into a loss of control state when Audry refers to Kiran as a "demon" and it is ambiguous whether or not Audry is killed while Kiran is in this state. Upon regaining some control Kiran jumps off the cliff but wings appear allowing Kiran to fly away from the canyons, leaving Audry behind to keep her safe.

25