Worthless
38 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dodge to the right Tank!" The team leader shouted as he slashed a vaguely humanoid figure in half!

"Shit, goblin assassins are here, don't lose focus!" The mage shouted as a wall of flame blocked the incoming horde of goblins.

"Damn, they're individually weak, but when they come in hordes, they're more dangerous than some D Rank monsters." The rogue said as his blade flashed, piercing through a goblin's chest, shattering it's heart in a swift motion before dodging behind the Tank.

"Place a barrier and let the Porter mine the Yellow Crystal." The leader said as he slashed out, bisecting goblins at the waist as the ray of light cut them down like wheat falling to a scythe.

"Go! Why are you blanking, if you don't manage to mine enough Yellow Crystal, I'll leave you here to rot." James yelled as he ducked beneath an arrow and swung his sword.

A crescent, luminous as a half moon flashed out and flew towards the goblin horde. The goblins seeing the incoming attack squealed and yelled as they dodged put of the way.

The crescent seemed to have a homing function as the blade light curved and hit the ground.

As if all hell had broken loose, a wave of air pushed back the goblins in the immediate area while the goblins caught in the center were diced to bits.

James gasped for air as he wiped his matted hair from his forehead filled with sweat. The Tank also retreated and allowed the Healer to cast their spells.

Akia, the Porter didn't do anything as the situation didn't really seem to have an effect on him.

Despite the poor pay, it was his job to carry the team's equipment and to collect the monster loot and crystals they came across.

Akia swung the pickaxe and smashed a small dent into the stone wall that held the Yellow Crystal.

Most dungeons were made of a hard substance similar to stone, however it seemed to behave like a living thing as it also repaired self.

Any of the dungeon stones brought outside the dungeon would turn to dust within twenty four hours if not returned to the dungeon.

Akia quickly mined the Yellow Crystal with startling efficiency, something that drew James' eyes.

After they recovered enough stamina, the group started to kill goblins indiscriminately again.

From time to time, Akia would stop swinging his arms as they trembled from the repeated collisions with the dungeon wall.

Though dungeon stone seemed easy to break, it took quite a bit of strength to break the stone, much less mining the Yellow Crystal.

"Shit, a goblin got through the line, Mage, protect the Yellow Crystal!" Hearing James, Akia looked up in time to see a small green humanoid, roughly the size of a child run over waving a wooden club.

Akia tensed, however when he saw the Mage take aim, he relaxed, however the goblin still reached him in seconds, swinging it's club at his head viciously.

Akia ducked and watched as the goblin spun from it's own momentum and nearly crashed into the supplies, however a barrier appeared, deflecting the errant goblin.

Akia looked at the Mage with a bit of disbelief. He was simply mining, and it seemed that to the group, he was no better than a bit of Yellow Crystal.

He swung the pickaxe and used all of his strength, smashing the goblin back into the barrier.

The barrier was a weak one, and after the two repeated impacts, the barrier flickered and vanished, sending the goblin careening back into the supplies.

"Fuck! Fuck this, the supplies are finished! That freaking idiot!" Tank yelled as he charged over at Akia who was gasping heavily with his muscles slightly trembling after over-exerting himself.

Before Tank could reach, the rogue appeared behind Akia and a small dagger slid into his back.

Akia felt a dull ache spread from his shoulder to the rest of his arm as it hung limply to the side.

"You ruined our raid, so just die here and do us all a favor." The rogue kicked Akia in the back and sent him sprawling, blood seeping from his shoulder.

"Enough, we're going back. Our supplies were ruined, however the Yellow Crystal will make up for it." James said to the Mage who took of their hat.

A small delicate face came into view, however Akia had no time to marvel at her features because they all started to retreat, leaving Akia on the ground.

"Wait! It was an accident! Please don't leave!" Akia shouted, however as if they didn't hear him, they continued to retreat until they vanished around a bend in the cooridor.

Akia struggled to get up, and could only helplessly look at the approaching goblin horde with tears in his eyes.

'Why!? Why is it like this?! Why couldn't I awaken an ability? Why am I the one to suffer? Do I deserve this?' 

A goblin walked over and grinned at the helpless Akia, gesturing and squeaking to its companions.

More goblins came over, followed by a goblin with a relatively intact and gaudy sword. Akia knew that goblins typically spawned with wooden clubs, meaning this goblin stole the weapon or killed the owner of it.

The goblin walked over, and the others backed away while pointing and pushing each other.

After stopping a few inches away from Akia, it reached out and touched the dagger embedded in this shoulder blade and with a sadistic smile, it twisted the handle slowly, making Akia scream in pain!

Tears ran from Akia's brown eyes as he tried to move, however the goblin planted a foot on his back and placed the sword tip above Akia's thigh and slowly pressed downwards.

Blood welled from the puncture wound, and as the blade slid into his flesh, Akia thrashed on the ground, his eyes burning with fear and anger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

3