Chapter Two: Yugen
47 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Two: Yugen

“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”— Woody Allen.

 

The darkness stared at her, and she stared at it back.

 

It was dark. Dark to the point where it began to hurt her eyes. Amoris could barely move her body in the limited space she was placed within. Her only thing of entertainment was looking at the endless blackness, and this sensation was started to get numbing. Twisting her body to get some blood flow through her, Amoris groaned at the sense of being immobile in a claustrophobic area. Soon she arrived at a stop, with nothing to do, and feeling tired she closed her eyes.

 

Amoris felt free. Alone and happy. Nobody to bother her slumber, no crying, cursing, or even talking. There was nothing except peacefulness. Amoris felt relieved of everything. 

 

That quickly changed.

 

Eyes forced open by an unknown source, Amoris groaned with a headache and the suspicious premonition of needing to hurl. She raised rapidly, sitting in the wooden box, then threw up acid. Amoris coughed before she got a hold of herself. She heaved then glanced around. The room was alluring, grand, and somehow mesmeric.

 

Everything around her was grand. Seriously, everything in this room was gold or purple, down to the nubs holding the dresser up. Amoris grumbled. Expensive. Placing her palms on each vertical wood slab, she hauled herself up. The weight’s pressure on her feet and legs made them wobble while she tried to shake the numbness from her body. She struggled to walk, a tense-tingly sensation trembled through her legs. She stumbled towards the expensive dresser and positioned her hand on the top. Turning, she stared at the designed mirror with beady eyes.

 

Amoris seems the same. Looked the same. But something is different. Staring at herself, everything was the same: dry umber(dark) skin, downturned, lethargic eyes, plump, dry lips, and round face was the same. Her hair was the same curly, short, blonde-brown mushroom-styled fade. Yet, she knew something was off. Closely examining herself, she finally noticed the ‘something’. Her eyes were a dull greyish olive-green color instead of the normally dark brown. 

 

She shuddered, noting the changes around her. Her skin, a hand touched a face, still dry, but there were no more scars that freckled her face. Removing her hand off her face, she palmed her body. Amoris felt fitter than yesterday. Amoris hopped unsteadily, observing how much more flexible, agile, stronger, healthier her body was. Amoris’s hand glided her palm over her body, feeling delight course through her bones. Running her hand over her body no-stop until she reached her left palm, she pondered in thought. This hand caused so many problems in her life, but now it appeared and felt brand new. No large or small scars rendering her hand practically useless. She twisted the wrist and uttered a relief sounding sigh. 

 

—The scars over her life gave shame to Amoris. She had trouble finding jobs with the scars that littered her poor body. But now, she had zero blemishes, wounds, or discoloration(from the scars) on her. That wounded leg was now unwounded.

 

With that over with, Amoris paid attention to fixing her balance. Thinking, Amoris began to realize something wrong with her body that she could not perceive when looking in the mirror. She was taller. Taller than a normal woman would be. Although Amoris was naturally tall being compared to the average height of a woman, yet here she was much taller than the standard height of a man. As she reached the purple-curtained four-poster bed1Finnian's Four Poster Bed by The Beautiful Bed Companybed from, Amoris plopped on the bed and rested her sore legs.

 

The wooden box was a beautifully crafted yet old coffin. When scanning the coffin, chills racked through her body. Why was I in a coffin? Where am I? Why am I here? Why am I just thinking of this now? Amoris’s body shook as she sat up from the bed to think about her situation.

 

Green eyes switched from the decorated coffin to the two large doors on the other side of the room. The bed was adjacent to the coffin just at the opposite wall of it. While one of the doors, the heavily detailed one, was on the wall where the bed was next against, the second door was opposite of both the bed and coffin. Amoris watched the most conspicuous door. The door had two large triangles that connected with a slit in the middle into making a four-point star with four small triangles that did not connect to the big centerpiece but were in each area of the side of both large triangles; lastly on the door were four circle-like wisps of grey, they stood on top of the small triangles. None of the doors had handles or any noticeable way to open the door.

 

Legs rested and slightly curious about this mysterious place, Amoris strolled to the beguiling, conspicuous door and set her smooth, dark hand on the similarly dark(but darker) door 2Like this but more symmetrical(I made this) y1HH1aD.jpgpicture . She pushed on the door, which was the only thing she could think to do without a doorknob. It did not budge. She tried again, but the same outcome happened. She was stuck in the room. With nothing to do, Amoris became indifferent to her surroundings and walked to the bed to lay down and sleep.

 

Her body felt lightness filled circle her. Amoris slept in a snap. She never caught sight of the wisps of the door flare with a mix of light red and dark green. They turned to her like it was staring at the lady.

 

⛛⛛⛛

 

A man’s blue, dark eyes gazed at the lady in the soft-looking bed. He watched how the coffin henge opened by a thick pitch-black tendril then returned to Amoris’s back. Later, when Amoris was viewing herself, he glimpsed at the back of her. What he saw confused him. An inky, shapeless mass attached to the feet of the lady. It was nothing like a shadow. It did not replicate the form of the lady. 

 

The mass moved freely but never touched anything. It stood out of the lady’s sight, staying in an area out of reach and sight. The man watched the shadow swarm slightly towards the door when Amoris interacted with the door. After she was stopped by the door, the mass stopped their movement to the door and settled down behind the lady with an aloof vibe.

 

While the lady slept soundly, he stared at the wisps glow and slimmer peer at Amoris. This man had a view of the entire room, so after he knew that the lady was not going to wake in her sleep, he disappeared from the blue-ish chamber.

 

At the door, the man whispered quick words then the large door creaked, opening to the suite-sized bedroom. The man walked in toward Amoris then swooped down, hooking his one forearm under her knees and his other arm under her spine. A slight disgust snort resonated through the man while he ushered out the room. 

 

In the hallway, there were four doors, all directly across from each other. Two pairs were on the two long walls. The other pair was the one the two people came out of, and the other was the door the man was heading to. He walked to the massive door. Looking at it, a similar pattern to the bedroom door that Amoris had seen. Saying similar words, the door opened for the man.

 

A transparent orb on a pedestal in the middle of the room. It bloomed bewitching colors, luring anyone to it, but the man and the senseless Amoris were not affected. He walked to the orb and murmured different words in a language that was not alike to the previous sentences he said.

 

Disappeared. Both the man and Amoris were missing from the chamber. The orb luminesces after the pair left, shimmering in blue and green.

 

⛛⛛⛛

 

Amoris woke up at a dining table.

 

This place was exquisite: closed delicate purple curtains hung off of the large bow windows3Bow window - Wikipediawindow with tall dark wood panel walls that had old, victorian pictures. The ceiling was beautifully carved with a large detailed candle chandelier. At the center of this, was a large, rectangle, dark oak dining table with a pale white covering with yellow details at the hem of it. The plates were set with delicate, hearty foods. Lastly, the centerpiece had yellow roses4It's not Poetry and Flowers — Abatina- FicklenessLessons in Wedding Planning: choosing your flowers and Abatina5These flowers have meaning on the previous boss— Abatina means fickleness and Yellow roses mean jealousy, infidelity. in a clear vase, and two golden candelabra on each side of the vase.6to give an idea here is a picture I base some of dining onCurrent Projects - Friends of Mills at Staatsburghdinner room

 

She twisted her head left and right, gazing at the surrounding people. Her torso was sore from sitting in this chair for too long. Amoris stretched, still eyeing the people in the chairs around the table. Two people sat in these chairs with differing features. One had a cloak over their head staring at Amoris. Amoris could not see the facial features of this one but the second one she could. The second one, a bewitching, luring man, had pale blue skin with ocean blue eyes, long light blue hair, and he had a perfect muscular body. As she studied him, his skin had a scaly look to it. Squinting, areas of iridescent scales started to show.

 

Amoris slid back in her chair, arms on the rests; what are you? Her mind pondered towards the cloaked person. Are you the same as him or… something different? Amoris was curious but did not talk, only stared at both of them in a relaxed way. 

 

Silence filled the air. 

 

Amoris waited for them to talk. Or maybe they were just going to stay here and stare.

 

Her sight flicked to the man. Her stare, intense. The man sat up, fighting this leer with his own. Dark ocean eyes drowned in the dull, misty olive orbs. Her eyes evaporated the fierce waves in his eyes.

 

“Little Dianus7Goddess of witches. If I don't explain it in the story then this is a courtesy for high and powerful but young witches.” the man stood and clenched one hand over his heart. In the next second, the cloaked one repeated the same thing to Amoris.

 

Amoris raised her brow to them. She stared and waited, amused. 

 

The man stood there for two seconds before standing straight and saying delicately, “Little Dianus, will she guide us through this dungeon.”

 

Amoris scoffed at the gentle tone of the man. The sentence sounded like a question but she saw his eyes unwavering, unperturbed focus. This was an order. Amoris sat up in the chair. 

 

“What do you mean dungeon?”  

 

She disregarded the ordering look in his eyes and questioned the unusually phasing. Dungeon? Now that’s something different.

 

The man nodded at her, “Little Dianus, follow me, please.” As he was already standing, the man walked away from the table towards the arched double doors. He and the cloaked person were there at the door when Amoris stood up from the throne-like chair. She sauntered to the double door while looking around the large dining room.

 

They left the room without eating. Following the two people through several corridors until they reached a door with a similar design to the bedroom door yet this door wisps were light purple and dark yellow. Amoris entered the headroom: here there were four slab circles, showing a simulation of several rooms and halls. Each slab had been divided into two, giving two holograms per slab.

The sighting of a group of four was the only thing that caught his eyes. The group was weird in the eyes of Amoris but, to the people around her, it was normal for them. This four-person group was not human: two of them had animalistic features, and the other two had pointy and sharp ears. They walked through the hall vigilant, slightly close to each other. Soon they were attacked by a group of rotting skeletons. They fought, losing to the skeletons their power was not enough to fight them.

 

The group moved back, with one of the animalistic ones falling to the ground with a sword sticking through his heart. A dull white light appeared around them, even for their fallen brethren, it glowed until the disappearance of the group.

 

Amoris stared at the simulations with blank eyes.

 

“Little Dianus, let us explain what you are.”

I tried to make this longer with almost 2000 words, I'll try to make it longer in the next chapter. Tell me if there are major mistakes in the writing.

 

3