Chapter One: Abditory
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter One: Abditory

 

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”― Robert Frost.

 

It was pitch-black at night, the darkest it has ever been. In the dead silence, a young lady disturbed the quiet with a hiss as she sat on the old bed. In her head was a new, white medical kit. The lady poured the contaminants out on her bed while pushing flyers, old newspapers, and a large, aged, grayed book to the ground. She took the bandages, antiseptic, and hunched over her belly to touch her wounded leg. The gash was large. It would leave a scar once it healed and needed to be checked by a professional doctor, but the young lady did not have the money nor time for that. As she pressed her wound, she used the disinfectant covering the tear. The wound tingles with pain and bubbles, causing the throbbing pain to numb her leg. 

 

The bandages wrapped around her leg in an experienced way; she had done this several times in her lifetime. Done, she dropped the medical materials then placed her palms on her face as she fell back on the bed. She laid there for minutes staring between the cracks of her fingers at the ceiling after she got in a natural laying position to sleep. As she got into a comfortable spot, her tired self practically passed out when her head hit the pillow. Sleeping the day came and went without her even moving in the bed. This lady was as still as a board when sounds of cars running, people yelling, and trains rolling by. 

 

⛛⛛⛛

 

On the seventh day into the young lady’s deep sleep, something abnormal and bewildering happened. Thin lines surrounded her on her bed, starting to circle her body in dull, glowing silver illumination. They crawled on the bed, giving a sense that they were alive, seeking to be near her, to feel her, to be her; they reached her, finally having a taste, a feel of her. They wanted more as the lines engraved themselves into her body. They wanted her to be with her. Multiple thin steaks squirmed over and on her body. 

 

Eventually, a sound punctuated the silence of slithering lines. The pained, rough sounding groan came from the lady as she struggled to move on the bed. She huffed, sweat dripping down her brow, hitting the bedsheets. Soon the squiggling, detailed lines fully sheathed her in silver colors. The lines then started to flash rapidly, golden light, in quick bursts. The lights swiftly continued. The illumination covered the room in beautifully interchanging silver and gold colors. Soon the young lady’s body started to flash with the lights.

 

The time came, everything froze. The air was cold. Nothing moved, not the sheets that held the body of the lady movement, nor the shades on the windows that froze abnormal. Suddenly, the air shifted, doing the opposite of freezing. The air backtracked, swarming over to the lady. Soon the air that crowded her was starting to smother. Her breath ripped from her throat.

 

Then it happened: she disappeared. The air around disappeared. She was nowhere in this world.

 

The room was silent with the disappearance. Nothing special happened during the last seven days. Nobody saw the flashing colors that punctured the room. Nobody realized she was missing… because, for them, she was always there. Besides them, working with them, laughing with them until she was not:

 

On December 30, Amoris Gin Roux, a young woman at the age of 23, was killed by an oncoming semi-truck. That day, Miss Roux lost her life. People of this community mourned for her.

 

They would not. Those bitches wanted this.

 

⛛⛛⛛

 

There was a time where titans, beasts, and humans coexisted with each other. Where titans existed, humans were equal with everyone, and beasts’ name was not the detrimental and unfavorable label, as now. This group of species had the alliance to coexist without harm, to help each other, to be free of the fear of each other. But with time, their view changed: humans were superior to all, even to their kin; beasts were the strongest, harming the home they lived on for their gain; lastly titans, they started to stir fear into the small beings below them, inevitably leading to their extinction.

 

Soon their world started to change from calm and peaceful to pillaged and fearful. When their planet started to change for the worse, the existing and spiteful titans did one thing to save their genes: they began to spit themselves into conscience, small, mythical beings such as Tengu, Ariel, Godmother, Dianus, and Ymir. These five beings, becoming the first of their kind and the mothers and fathers of many species and generations.

 

Coming into this world, they populated the planet, leaving their seeds for new species to come to life. These mythical existences, seen as a threat to the beasts and humans, were shunned and killed. Killing off several children(species) of the five MOthers and FAthers, that will never be perceived again. The MOthers and FAthers enraged, started a genocide between humans and beasts.

 

This began a war. Hyugeno, the first genocide between the MOthers and FAthers, humans, and beasts.

 

Years passed until the human population diminished to 233,000. They panicked, fear entered their veins. Then when their population was scarce, something happened. Humans gained abilities. They began to win against the mythical creatures with the help of the beasts and soon they had them trapped.

 

The MOthers and FAthers could not do anything when the first King-Priest arrived. The mythical beings were confined between them and humans, being the spiteful, retched things they are, sent the MOthers and FAther away in five towers for all humans and beasts to punished and kill them.

 

Time passed. The Hyugeno was over, nobody gained or lost anything except for the mythical beings. Beasts caught up with humans in terms of power, using the land to their advantage. The continuous fighting between humans and beasts started. Everything was somewhat peaceful.

 

Until a Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth tower appeared. 

 

Causing chaos, hundreds of warriors, adventures, mercenaries, etc. beasts and humans went to find out this phenomenon. Only five of the hundreds came back. Some had fear in their eyes of the chaos and bleed of what happened in the towers; others had greed. The towers produced something that never happened before… Treasure. Three of the five had weapons, powerful weapons that could kill dozens in one motion, control beasts with a word, and heal any disease, wound, and even reproduce a lost limb. 

These survivors also came with a helper, a system that would help their host with leveling up and gain strength in weapons, skill books, and more.

If there are grammar mistakes, I will look them over later. Also, the names of the five MOther and FAthers are names of real-life myths and movies, except for one. But other than those things enjoy .) Dec. 18 — Circe is now Dianus. WY Ming is now Ymir.

 

2